Windows 10: Can't do any Adobe Flash after reinstalling Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Can't do any Adobe Flash after reinstalling Windows 10 Home in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had Windows 10 Home crash, so I had to back up my HDD and reinstall Windows 10. When I did the first shutdown, it took a long time as it downloaded... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imrealdumb, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Can't do any Adobe Flash after reinstalling Windows 10 Home

I had Windows 10 Home crash, so I had to back up my HDD and reinstall Windows 10. When I did the first shutdown, it took a long time as it downloaded and installed a bunch of updates.
    This desktop PC is working fine, but I notice that I can't do anything involving Adobe Flash. I've tried Edge, Chrome and FireFox, and all 3 having problems either playing a video that uses Flash, or a game that uses Flash.
    Do the latest Windows 10 updates prevent the use of Flash? I've tried tinkering with the settings of each browser, but no dice. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

:)

imrealdumb, Nov 28, 2016

2. does indows 10 require a Flash Player ?

Does Windows 10 require a " Flash Payer" ? I Uninstalled Adobe Flash player on advise and told to reinstall it after restarting windows 10. MS responded that Windows 10 did not require either Shockwave or Adobe Flash Player because it was incorporated
    into "10" Some sites don't seem to recognize the incorporated version Flash Player. ? ? ? ? What to do ?

RobertLucas_992, Nov 28, 2016
  3. JohnR3840 Win User
    adobe creative cloud wont reinstall after windows 10 reinstall

I can't reinstall Adobe CC after doing a reload of restore Windows 10

JohnR3840, Nov 28, 2016
  4. Can't do any Adobe Flash after reinstalling Windows 10 Home

Hi:

It would help to know the exact wording of the error message and/or a screen shot and/or more detail about what "can't do" means.*Smile

Until then...

First thought perhaps would be to make sure your Win10 install is up to date and fully patched.
    Then I might check to be sure Win10 is OK and not corrupt, e.g. by running system file checker:
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

AFAIK Flash Player for Chrome, Edge and IE11 (under Win10) are embedded.
    I do not use Chrome, Edge or IE11, so we'll need to wait for someone else to advise how to troubleshoot Flash Player for those browsers.

For Flash Player for Firefox and similar browsers, you would need to separately download and install it from within Firefox from here:

Adobe Flash Player download

Manual downloads of the different versions are here:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

To test each browser to see if you have the current version, you would need to try this website separately for each browser:

Adobe - Flash Player

To uninstall for eligible browsers:

Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

More help:

Flash Player Help

HTH,

MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 28, 2016
  5. And what about your video drivers?
    Since you reinstalled Windows, did you also reinstall all the necessary drivers for your hardware???

MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 28, 2016
  6. MM,

Thank you for replying. I did run sfc and it came up 100% verified. All the video drivers are up to date.

I am completely stumped.

imrealdumb, Nov 29, 2016
  7. Hi:

Thanks.
    However, we are still in the dark, trying to help, based on the limited information we have.*Sad

Flash Player in Edge and IE11 (under Win10) ought to update via Windows Update.
    Chrome has its own embedded version.
    But we do not know the status of Flash Player for Firefox on your system.
    If you have the correct and current version for each browser, then it ought to work.

We could better assist if you could please answer the following:

• What does "can't do" mean?
      • In other words, what is the EXACT error message? What exactly happens when the video fails? What is an example of a URL where you have the problem? Can you please post a screen shot that shows the problem?
    • What are your system specs?
      • This tutorial will work for Win10, except that you will need to fill in the fields manually, rather than having them auto-populate. See HERE.
    • Did you use Firefox to navigate to THIS SITE or THIS SITE to download & install the NPAPI (Plug-In) version of Flash Player for Firefox?
    • If the answer to #3 is YES, then did you go to THIS SITE using Firefox to test if it is working?
      • If so, what was the result?
    • Did you try that same test site under the other browsers?
      • If so, what was the result?
    Since you report the same problem across ALL browsers on your system, it suggests either or both of the following:
    • Something amiss with your system hardware or configuration; AND/OR
    • Something wrong with the videos on the sites where you are trying to watch them.

Without a bit more information from you, I'm not sure how we can determine the cause or the possible solution.

Thanks,

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't do any Adobe Flash after reinstalling Windows 10 Home

1. Can't do any Adobe Flash after reinstalling Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Can't Adobe Flash

2. Can't uninstall KB4580325, after Adobe Flash removal!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't uninstall KB4580325, after Adobe Flash removal!: After I installed update for Adobe Flash removal: "KB4577586". I can't uninstall the security update for Adobe Flash: "KB4580325", which I didn't install! It was included in Windows 20H2 ISO! Why is it still installed? I can't uninstall it manually. It says: An error has...
  3. Can i be able to reinstall Adobe Flash on Windows 10 after the "Flash removal updates"?

Can i be able to reinstall Adobe Flash on Windows 10 after the "Flash removal updates"?: Today, Microsoft has released an update just for completely remove Adobe Flash components on Windows devices KB4577586 , although it's on Microsoft Update Catalog for manually download only, but it will be pushed to any windows 10 device on 2021, which kind of produce a...
  4. adobe flash

adobe flash: adobe flash will not let me download for microsoft edge. so i can play my games it say close chrome even when chrome not open fed up with you might just delete this browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/7c44733d-d983-46df-963e-9d932a0dc0e2
  5. adobe flash

in Windows 10 Customization
    adobe flash: If adobe flash is discontinued 2020, what can I use on royal games which depends on adobe flash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/e79071ab-a00b-40da-a659-09d9c7de804c
  6. adobe flash in windows 10

adobe flash in windows 10: By mistake I clicked "allow once" instead of allow always for a web page and now every time if visit that page I have to click on the allow once to view the page. Is there a way to change the setting to "allow always" in the flash player. I am using windows 10....
  7. Can't delete adobe flash player

Can't delete adobe flash player: I have been getting problems with storage (note: i haven't been downloading stuff and somehow i am pretty much out of storage space because it's filling itself up, and god knows how) and i want to delete adobe flash player to free up space but it can't uninstall because...
  8. Can't use Adobe Flash Player

Can't use Adobe Flash Player: When I go to a site that uses Adobe Flash Player, I am asked to "allow once" which I do but nothing happens. I am using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-adobe-flash-player/68a89426-bc66-4efb-9dd9-df1b2f644c0c
  9. adobe flash

adobe flash: I cant stream any videos (youtube, vimeo, etc) nor audio (spotify) with any of my browsers. I usually use edge. adobe flash is enabled but it seems to be unresponsive any help? thank you!...
  10. Adobe Flash

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash: I completed the download of 14295 with no problem yesterday. Today I keep receiving pop ups that say ADOBE FLASH HAS CRASHED Where does this come from???????????????????? 45869