Windows 10: Cant do fresh install for DVD

Discus and support Cant do fresh install for DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have successfully upgraded from win 7 to win 10 but i would like to do a fresh install as its been years since i have and would like to start from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gbu, Aug 21, 2015.

1. GBU
    gbu Win User

Cant do fresh install for DVD

I have successfully upgraded from win 7 to win 10 but i would like to do a fresh install as its been years since i have and would like to start from fresh.

I made the x64 DVD from the MS installation media creation tool.

I run the setup.exe from the disc and it starts downloading updates goes through the processes but after 1 hour or so a message comes up saying installation has failed.

I looked at you 'Clean install' guide and this relates to USB not DVD or is the process the same?

Should i be booting from the DVD rather then running the setup.exe

I did try but my pc restarts and just loads normally with out actually booting via DVD

Any help would be most appreciated.

:)

2. Windows 10 getting stucked while resetting

Thanks Arya, but here the problem is I am getting black screen while booting itself. so I cant download and double click recovery file. Please let me know any way to repair windows 10 or how to do a fresh install of win10 without losing data. I don't have
    any installation dvd

SSR_Microsoft, Aug 21, 2015
  3. windows 10 upgrade

Use another computer to download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

You want to create an install 10 dvd, Select create media, dvd, You need to burn a blank dvd-r.

Find out how to enter your bios (read manual..f8 or del key likely)

Set boot order to boot 1st device is dvd or cd-rom. Save changes on exit.

Put the install disk in the dvd and install will begin. Select upgrade this pc.

You want to upgrade this pc. You can do a clean install later after the upgrade.

The media creation tool will download fresh code and ignore any prior bad install and give you a new install with fresh code.

Andrew P Jones, Aug 21, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Boot it up from the DVD.. and remember do not enter any key no matter how many times you're asked.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    Yes, that should work.

Just to make sure you won't run into trouble with activation: Before you start the fresh install, you might want to check that your system currently is activated. If it is, then you can do a clean install and it will activate automatically again.

Joergi, Aug 21, 2015
  6. GBU
    gbu Win User
    Yes i checked and im fully activated.

When you say dont enter any key do you mean when im prompted to 'press a key' to boot from DVD or do you mean when install starts?

7. topgundcp Win User
    When prompted for Key, click Skip this step

topgundcp, Aug 21, 2015
  8. GBU
    gbu Win User

I cant seem to boot from the DVD

I press F12 as PC restarts it takes me to boot menu, i select CD/DVD but the pc just restarts nothing else happens.

9. topgundcp Win User
    There are 2 options from boot menu. One is for UEFI installation, The other is for MBR installation. If your BIOS set for UEFI then you must select UEFI-CD/DVD....

topgundcp, Aug 21, 2015
  10. ramram55 Win User
    Try with blank HD, formatted with NTFS.

ramram55, Aug 21, 2015
  11. GBU
    gbu Win User
    These are my only options at boot.
    @ramram55
    I dont have any USB that big to use so was hoping to use DVD only.

12. ramram55 Win User
    using down arrow choose CDROM and hit enter you should be in business.

ramram55, Aug 21, 2015
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

I have a USB for my other computers, but my desktop just will not boot from it, so I burned a DVD, booted from it and clean installed, no problems. Yes, you do have to press a key to boot from DVD when it asks.

Click on skip when asked for a product key (several times).

NavyLCDR, Aug 21, 2015
  14. topgundcp Win User
    That's what he did and it did not work. Come to think of it, after select the CD, you might also need to tap on any key in order to boot from the CD. Sometimes the BIOS flash a quick message "Press Any Key to boot from CD/DVD"

topgundcp, Aug 21, 2015
  15. Word Man Win User
    I think ramram55 was trying to get OP to change first boot device to CDROM in the BIOS which, based on BIOS screen image posted, they hadn't done at this point. With the posted BIOS screen, it seems it would just continue to boot from HDD without any option presented.

Word Man, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Cant do fresh install for DVD - Similar Threads - Cant fresh install

2. Is Windows 10 dvd good only for fresh installs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Windows 10 dvd good only for fresh installs.: I had to reinstall windows 7 home premium on my computer. Now I am unable to use the media creation tool to reinstall windows 11. I want to buy a windows 10 home software, but one of the listings I saw said it was not good for upgrades. Is that true?...
  3. Cant install Halo 2 on DVD-ROM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install Halo 2 on DVD-ROM: I've tried to install Halo 2 on my PC with a DVD-ROM not an xbox disc and every time I try, it says "LIVE Gaming on Windows failed to initialise. This may be becuase another LIVE Gaming on Windows application such as the Halo 2 dedicated server is running on the same machine....
  4. Cant install Halo 2 on DVD-ROM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install Halo 2 on DVD-ROM: I've tried to install Halo 2 on my PC with a DVD-ROM not an xbox disc and every time I try, it says "LIVE Gaming on Windows failed to initialise. This may be becuase another LIVE Gaming on Windows application such as the Halo 2 dedicated server is running on the same machine....
  5. DVD cant burn

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD cant burn: Windows 10 latest update unable to burn DVDHere is my case. I have 3 device as below.Device AA: Desktop PCDevice BB: Desktop PC 2017Device CC: Dell inspiron 57XX 2018All with win 10 latest update 10.0.19043, and Asus DVD RW.Before this latest windows update.I success burn the...
  6. Cant play dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant play dvd: I can not play a dvd on my Dynobook laptop no matter what player I use....why is that? Auto play is dead as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-dvd/d15ac83d-102b-458e-9a44-086bf8f08b15
  7. Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh Install: I am building myself I new computer and I want to make sure that I have my key attached to my account so that I can transfer and use it on the new build. How do I go about making sure I can use the same product key on my computer? (The new build is still in the mail)...
  8. Fresh install

Fresh install: If I do a fresh install within windows what will I loose? 113686
  9. Cant do a fresh install - system corrupted

Cant do a fresh install - system corrupted: Hi All, I really messed up my laptop and am hoping someone has some helpful tips. First some history of how I got here. This laptop has been dreadfully slow ever since i upgraded to the Windows 10 update last year. Boot up could take 10 minutes and clicking on anything...
  10. Windows 10 cant be installed on GPT - Cant boot dvd in UEFI mode

Windows 10 cant be installed on GPT - Cant boot dvd in UEFI mode: Hello Guys, recently i purchased a new laptop that came with win10. The laptop is Lenovo z50-70 Unfortunately my brother managed to download so many viruses, that I decided to do clean Win 10 install. I had no important data on the laptop and I thought it would be...