Windows 10: Can't do fresh install of W10, no UI after booting into installer

Discus and support Can't do fresh install of W10, no UI after booting into installer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The slightly longer version: I've tried both the in-Windows path and a USB key with Windows 10, and both times I boot into the installer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fudd79, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Fudd79 Win User

Can't do fresh install of W10, no UI after booting into installer

The slightly longer version:

I've tried both the in-Windows path and a USB key with Windows 10, and both times I boot into the installer application, but there's just a black screen. The monitor is on, actively displaying black (no power-save mode), but there's nothing happening.

I've tried alternately unplugging the monitors I have on the iGPU and the 1080Ti, set the EFI to boot to the iGPU or the PCI-E video devices, but nothing works.

I'm out of ideas, and REALLY need this PC clean...

:)

Fudd79, Oct 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 reset interrupted. Wont boot no display

I have tried to install windows from a usb but i have no way of accessing the boot menu to allow it to boot first. Ive tried using my previous motherboard under the same results. Ive tried A new ssd in place of the hdd with the usb w10 plugged in as well
    with same results. Im at a loss i dont mind starting with fresh partitions in the hdd and fresh install of w10 thats what im after but i cant do anything at all. Very frustrating 200$+ in new parts i cant use. W10 sucks

nickbazinet, Oct 4, 2017
  3. mpdugas Win User
    re-installl W10

The "setup.exe" on the boot USB appears to be the latest version of the Media Creation Tool; how do I choose which version of W10 for installation?

Dell already did this for me, but they installed W10 Home on my PC, but I bought W10 Pro from them when I purchased it.

When I re-install W10, at what point to I choose which version of W10 to install? That is, when can I choose the Pro version?

I plan to delete all partitions on the installation drive and start fresh.

The PC has been activated as a W10 Pro machine.

mpdugas, Oct 4, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. Is there an OS on it now? If so, does it boot up and the monitor work? If so, does it have the latest driver?

Edit:

Is there a cursor with the black screen?

Tony K, Oct 4, 2017
  5. Fudd79 Win User
    There was Windows 10 on it already, everything worked fine, just not in the installer.

I managed to solve it by installing an older GPU and running the installer, getting the latest GPU drivers in, then removing the olg GPU again. Hopefully the next Cumulative Update will add better hardware support in the installer.

Fudd79, Oct 4, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Ok. Yes, it's usually the graphics driver that's not supporting that.

Rather tedious, but great work-around. *Thumbs

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't do fresh install of W10, no UI after booting into installer - Similar Threads - Can't fresh install

2. Can't install Windows 10 21H1 update on a fresh W10 install. No error message after install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Windows 10 21H1 update on a fresh W10 install. No error message after install.: Hi,I am running Windows 10 Family 1709 and I can't install the latest OS version 21 H1.- When using Windows Update or the update assistant tool, the install starts and when my computer reboots, I still have the same version installed.- When using the Media Creation tool, my...
  3. Applications can't make downloads since fresh W10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Applications can't make downloads since fresh W10 install: Hello, I've recently made a fresh windows install, and since then I've been having issues with downloads. I can't donwload anything with either Firefox and Edge, Chrome can make downloads but they randomly stop and I have to manually resume them. Most applications can't...
  4. Applications can't make download since fresh W10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Applications can't make download since fresh W10 install: Hello, I've recently made a fresh windows install, and since then I've been having issues with downloads. I can't donwload anything with either Firefox and Edge, Chrome can make downloads but they randomly stop and I have to manually resume them. Most applications can't...
  5. Boot Loop Even After A Fresh Install

Boot Loop Even After A Fresh Install: Hi Authority, I have been caught up with a bootloop issue since 21st Aug 2020 and haven't been able to solve it yet. I've reached out to the customer support, which was of no help as none of them could help me out rather than just saying "no worries we are there to help...
  6. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  7. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  8. Low volume after fresh W10 installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low volume after fresh W10 installation: I just installed Windows10 on my computer after facing some problems with Windows Apps, I've noticed low output coming out of my Logitech G633 headset. Earlier, my Spotify volume bar was set at 40% and windows volume set to 60, and it felt loud, now I have to set volume on...
  9. Cannot activate W10 after fresh install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate W10 after fresh install: Went to Microsoft website and downloaded the ISO image of W10. I have a Lenovo D20 that I have performed a fresh OS install onto a new ssd hard drive. Wanted to make sure W10 ran okay on hardware. After comfortable that W10 was running okay (no device manager complaints,...
  10. BSOD even after fresh W10 1803 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD even after fresh W10 1803 install: I've been having trouble with this Dell laptop for about 8 months now. Every two weeks or so, it either crashes with a BSOD, or simply screen freezes (with audio stuttering) that requires a hard reset. Dell recently replaced the motherboard and memory, which still did not...