Windows 10: Can't download anything in win 10

Discus and support Can't download anything in win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I cannot download anything with edge. Also, IE will appear to open and search for website, but it stops( indicating it is AT yahoo) but the screen is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by onrecess, Aug 2, 2015.

1. onrecess Win User

Can't download anything in win 10

I cannot download anything with edge.
    Also, IE will appear to open and search for website, but it stops( indicating it is AT yahoo) but the screen is blank white.

:)

onrecess, Aug 2, 2015

2. File ergrer 1073741819

I have a PC running WIN 10, upgraded from WIN 8.1. My problem is that i can't open any programs without file error 1073741819. I can't do anything at all. The WIN.key works after a while but can't create a new user acount nor open
    the comand promp. The only thing thats work is my Internett acount. I have a backup but it seems to have no effect on WIN at all. I have seerched the Internet for a solution but can't find anything that helps me. I wonder , can i download WIN 10 again fore
    free if i just erase it.

Please help me.

ArneGrunnaleite, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Missing main account

When I downloaded win. 10 from win./64 bit my main account is missing. My wife's account took over the computer. I can't find anything from my account.

Also how do I go back to win 7?

Thanks, Matt Baker

Phyllis - CookieBaker, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Annanut Win User

I am also having the same problem, I swear I thought I was the only one. It started out with me not being able to search in chrome, then I realized I couldn't use any other browser except for Windows edge. I shrugged it off, not minding that the favourites could be imported, but then edge doesn't have adblock so that was a problem for me. I tried downloading Chrome off of edge and it said chrome doesn't exist.... Then I realized I couldn't download ANYTHING. I couldn't even download antivirus programs, games, or reinstall programs, and they were all due to one reason : ' connection errors' even though my computer is 100% fine. Ever since I updated to windows 10 a few days ago, I regret it so crapping much. If you find any solutions, please message me... this is ticking me off ://////

Annanut, Aug 3, 2015
  5. It sounds like the same problem, that I has. I got my new Alienware last week with windows 10 installed, and I'm also suffering from connectionerrors on a lot of websites (which I easily can browse with my old Windows7 laptop).
    I suspect that it is some weird security-feature somewhere, which doesn't allow these sites or which slows them so much, that they time out.

forslund72, Aug 4, 2015
  6. ladij153 Win User
    I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now can't download from any of my usual websites. I regularly go to several Machine Embroidery websites and have quite a few purchased designs that I still need to download. I get to the page with the download button/link but when I click on it nothing happens....I used to get a bar at the bottom of my screen that gave me the option to save to my computer but now there's nothing. Not sure I'm liking this new OS.

ladij153, Aug 24, 2015
  7. True story yesterday. Can't remember if I was on the net or just in my files, support window, etc. I now remember, I was using Edge searching for an answer with a problem I was experiencing. I also had Chrome open but minimized. Whatever I was clicking on in Microsoft support would generate a permissions window with words to the effect, "Windows believes you want to download Google Chrome" or words really close to that. I just hit the X, did it again with the same response and finally backed out of it. I'm sitting there wondering what the heck had I just witnessed twice and chalked it up to some deep seated Microsoft paranoia.

bamashooter, Aug 24, 2015
  8. Can't download anything in win 10

I can't download anything either.

sergiortiz211, Mar 19, 2016
  9. I have also had this problem on 3 different pc's a custom built gaming rig, a revived hp desktop, and a panasonic toughbook. Been troubleshooting this problem for weeks now. Have tried alot of things including fresh installing just to have it happen again when windows updated fully. However i found the issue. I had different antivirus software on each system trying to figure out the problem. It is the antivirus programs themselves. I uninstalled AVG Pro off my toughbook and all of a sudden my updates started working,went to the next pc that had Avast Pro on it and uninstalled it and updates and downloading files started working on that pc and same results on the 3rd pc that had Norton installed. Somehow Microsoft has messed up something bad, whatever it is , windows is locking itself down, my guess is it is seeing the AV programs as harmful or something. Not real sure honestly but it fixed the issue on the 3 systems in my house. Just a thought i hope it helps someone out there. Please post if it does. I have already wrote a very lengthy message to microsoft but i know they dont anything most likely but if enough of us write maybe they will then. Just wanted to put out there what worked for me.

slick97454, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't download anything in win 10 - Similar Threads - Can't download anything

2. Can't download anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download anything.: I'm suspecting this has something to do with changing something in privacy. Whenever I try to download anything, it goes about a quarter done and it fails. I turned off all security, anti-virus, privacy, etr or anything I can find. It still did not fix it. I've redownloaded...
  3. Can't download anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download anything.: I'm suspecting this has something to do with changing something in privacy. Whenever I try to download anything, it goes about a quarter done and it fails. I turned off all security, anti-virus, privacy, etr or anything I can find. It still did not fix it. I've redownloaded...
  4. Can't download anything.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. can't download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can't download anything: it just gets stuck on "acquiring licence"yes i've tried to enable clipsvc in task manager, no it didn't work. it just instantly stoppedi've done it in services.msc too and it didnt workive tried the registry edit but that doesnt even workeven the net start clipsvc in command...
  6. Can't download anything.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't download anything.: Whenever I try to download apps, files or pictures I keep getting a message "couldn't download virus scan failed" I have also tried to print files and they won't print same message from my printer. I am running Windows 10 s mode. Please help....
  7. Windows 10 Can't Download Anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Can't Download Anything: About a week ago, I was trying to download a file from Google Chrome on my Windows 10 PC. I noticed that the download had failed and it said 'Failed - Virus scan failed'. From this moment on, I have been unable to download anything on my computer from any site on any browser....
  8. Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10: I just noticed this yesterday. I tried saving an image from a website on google chrome and nothing happened. I've tried downloading files from other websites and had the same result on Chrome. I switched over to microsoft edge and had the same result. I then tried internet...
  9. Can't download anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't download anything: Hi, I am not able to download any of my own files. At first I thought the problem was limited to Google Chrome, as I was trying to download my own file from Google Drive and I kept getting the Download failed due to virus thing. I subsequently tried using EDGE and cannot...
  10. Can't Download anything on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Download anything on Windows 10: I have connection to the wifi(wired connection) and when I go do anything on the pc everything is fine but the downloading when I go to download something it says it can not be downloaded due to no connection even though my wifi on everything else is fine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cant download anything in win 10

2. cant download anything on windows 10