Windows 10: Can't download Discord

Discus and support Can't download Discord in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded Discord a while ago for my computer and it was working fine, but a month or so ago I tried updating it, I think something happened, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DonovanAnderson, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Can't download Discord

I downloaded Discord a while ago for my computer and it was working fine, but a month or so ago I tried updating it, I think something happened, and it stopped working. I haven't been able to access Discord without going to the webpage, which is something I don't really want to do because it doesn't look nearly as clean as in-app. Whenever I try to download the app onto my computer now, it just tells me that there was a problem downloading and to either close the little popup telling me or to open the setup log. I don't know how that whole log works so I just clicked help and it brought me here. A couple of weeks ago I had my computer shut down and when I powered it back up, Discord opened like there was nothing ever wrong. I kept it open for a while and only ever put the computer to sleep instead of shutting down. I then wanted to test what would happen if I closed the window if I would ever be able to open it again. I did, and I haven't gotten it open since so I guess I got what I expected. I would love to know if this has happened to anyone else and maybe how they fixed it. Thanks to anyone willing to help or give tips.

:)

DonovanAnderson, Aug 13, 2018

2. discord

Can you open your browser in an inprivate window then try downloading again or use an alternative web browser?

Are you having issues with the installer failing and/or shooting out various errors causing the app from installing? Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques
    that can help get you locked and loaded.

Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

Delete the 2 following folders:

%AppData%/Discord

%LocalAppData%/Discord

To find those folders, hit the Start button + R, and enter:

%appdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then %localappdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then find the "Discord" folder in both of those windows, and delete it.

If your OS tells you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Open up the Task Manager and terminate all instances of Discord there and in the start up tab.

Restart your system.

Reinstall via
    https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win

In some cases, these extra steps may be necessary.

Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both)

Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed out before attempting the steps.

Source:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Discord won't download as a app???

Hi,

For better assistance regarding this concern with downloading the Discord application, you will need to contact the developer.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards.

Rhina Vib, Aug 13, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't download Discord

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't download Discord :cool:

jmcslob, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Can't download Discord

1. Can't download Discord - Similar Threads - Can't download Discord

2. Can't install discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install discord: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-discord/1e41b06d-627e-480f-b58f-4c2b6c0806ad
  3. Can't install discord

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install discord: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-discord/1e41b06d-627e-480f-b58f-4c2b6c0806ad
  4. I can't uninstall Discord

I can't uninstall Discord: Hello Microsoft, yesterday, I can't uninstall Discord, I tried using Control Panel, anything that you guys suggested, but it didn't work, and suddenly the app appeared with the old logo of Discord which is pretty weird, I thought I had uninstalled the app, weird right? I...
  5. Trying to download discord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to download discord: I am trying to download discord and this is the error I get[ATTACH] 9500> 2020-10-16 10:46:32> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install . 9500> 2020-10-16 10:46:32> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\Janae\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp 9500> 2020-10-16...
  6. Can't Uninstall Discord

Can't Uninstall Discord: I already found the same question regarding the unability to uninstall this app on Windows 10. I followed the instructions from the answer but I can't delete the files because it says that they're still open somewhere and that I should close the files first. I don't know how...
  7. Download Discord files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Discord files?: Hello I want to download on a disk server all files images, video etc. But if I don't want to download each file separately, there is a way to download them all at once Discord Dateien herunterladen?
  8. Discord won't download

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discord won't download: I have tried to download the discord app on my pc but it keeps saying there's a problem and directs me to the setup log I don't know how to read this. I have read forums but it says to delete the %localappdata% when I do this it says I cant delete this as it says it is open...
  9. discord not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    discord not downloading: discord unfortunately will not download for some reason. every time I try and download it from the discord website it says installation failed. I just want to download discord....
  10. Can't Unistall the Discord App

Can't Unistall the Discord App: I'm trying to uninstall the "Discord" app from my laptop, currently equipped with Windows 10, and no matter what I try it still seems to be there. Something as simple as uninstalling an app shouldn't take so long or require so much effort and research yet here I am. I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i download discord

2. cant download discord

3. i cant download discord

4. discord cant download windows 10,
  5. cant download discord on pc,
  6. why cant i download discord on windows 10,
  7. cant download dicord on pc,
  8. discord cant download,
  9. i cant download discord windows 10,
  10. Reinstall via https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win,
  11. cant download discord windows 10,