Windows 10: Can't download drivers, update anything, reinstall Windows 10

Discus and support Can't download drivers, update anything, reinstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys I've been trying to use my printers and new usb flash drives I've had and none of them will work since my computer won't download drivers for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tzerilli, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Tzerilli Win User

Can't download drivers, update anything, reinstall Windows 10

Hey guys I've been trying to use my printers and new usb flash drives I've had and none of them will work since my computer won't download drivers for any of them so I tried updated everything and realized that my computer has been stalling on these updates for a while but it can't download these either so then I tried to reset all of windows ten and it won't let me do this either and I can't find an end the deeper I go the more problems would you guys please help there's no point in getting a new computer because this thing is still blazing fast this is a Lenovo w540 laptop by the way

:)

Tzerilli, Sep 17, 2017
  2. AB4EJ Win User

After Windows 10 update, network driver missing

Abdul - I have a couple of follow-up questions, before I run this update for the third time (I had to restore the system from backup again) - you mention that the network driver may be incompatible with Windows 10. It was running under Windows 10 before
    the 1511 update.... how could it be incompatible with Windows 10?

The latest time I ran the update, the error message was that registry entries were missing. Is reinstalling the driver (assuming I can find the driver to install) going to fix that? Part of the problem is that I can't download anything when the system gets
    in this state, so I'm not sure how to get installable drivers of the right vintage...

-regards- Bill

AB4EJ, Sep 17, 2017
  3. Music won't play on Windows 10

I am going through the process of downloading in compatibility mode but Windows 10 is not an option... I have uninstalled drivers, reinstalled, and updated drivers, uninstalled iTunes and and reinstalled with the latest version, tried the trouble shooting,
    and now trying to download in compatibility mode, but there is no option for Windows 10. To clarify, anything online like YouTube, pandora, etc. works perfectly, but iTunes (the only media player I really use) will not play any music and will not play videos.

Anonymous907G, Sep 17, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

Have someone with administrator privileges do that for you?

bobkn, Sep 17, 2017
  5. Tzerilli Win User
    I went into admin mode and made some changes that were given to me to fix the problem of nothing being able to update and that didn't work either

Tzerilli, Sep 18, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
  7. Tzerilli Win User
    I cant boot windows 10 from a flash drive since none of my flash drive drivers will download

Tzerilli, Sep 18, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

When you first turn on the computer, there will be a key to press - it might be ESC, DEL, F2... that will allow you to enter either BIOS setup or a boot override menu. That is where you would select the option to boot from a USB flash drive. That happens before Windows even begins to load.

On page 66 of your user's manual it states that it is the F12 key to repeated press immediately after the power on button.

NavyLCDR, Sep 18, 2017
  9. Tzerilli Win User
    The USB pops up on the selection screen in the boot manager but when I select it the screen goes black for a sec and then takes me straight back to the selection screen boot manager no error codes

Tzerilli, Sep 18, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    What did you use to make the Windows 10 USB flash drive? If you used Rufus, it is likely the USB flash drive is formatted as NTFS, and needs to be FAT32.

NavyLCDR, Sep 18, 2017
  11. Tzerilli Win User
    I tried this and now my computer won't start

Tzerilli, Sep 18, 2017
  12. Tzerilli Win User
    I got it to start again windows 10 updated everything somehow so that problem is solved but the drivers still won't download?

Tzerilli, Sep 18, 2017
  13. Tzerilli Win User

nevermind everything is working great now not sure how it even worked but I couldn't have done it without you guys thank you all for helping me out been trying to fix this for weeks before I came on here

Tzerilli, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't download drivers, update anything, reinstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't download drivers

2. Can't download anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download anything.: I'm suspecting this has something to do with changing something in privacy. Whenever I try to download anything, it goes about a quarter done and it fails. I turned off all security, anti-virus, privacy, etr or anything I can find. It still did not fix it. I've redownloaded...
  3. Can't download anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download anything.: I'm suspecting this has something to do with changing something in privacy. Whenever I try to download anything, it goes about a quarter done and it fails. I turned off all security, anti-virus, privacy, etr or anything I can find. It still did not fix it. I've redownloaded...
  4. Can't download anything.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. can't download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can't download anything: it just gets stuck on "acquiring licence"yes i've tried to enable clipsvc in task manager, no it didn't work. it just instantly stoppedi've done it in services.msc too and it didnt workive tried the registry edit but that doesnt even workeven the net start clipsvc in command...
  6. Can't download anything.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't download anything.: Whenever I try to download apps, files or pictures I keep getting a message "couldn't download virus scan failed" I have also tried to print files and they won't print same message from my printer. I am running Windows 10 s mode. Please help....
  7. Windows 10 Can't Download Anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Can't Download Anything: About a week ago, I was trying to download a file from Google Chrome on my Windows 10 PC. I noticed that the download had failed and it said 'Failed - Virus scan failed'. From this moment on, I have been unable to download anything on my computer from any site on any browser....
  8. Can't download anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't download anything: Hi, I am not able to download any of my own files. At first I thought the problem was limited to Google Chrome, as I was trying to download my own file from Google Drive and I kept getting the Download failed due to virus thing. I subsequently tried using EDGE and cannot...
  9. Can't Download anything on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Download anything on Windows 10: I have connection to the wifi(wired connection) and when I go do anything on the pc everything is fine but the downloading when I go to download something it says it can not be downloaded due to no connection even though my wifi on everything else is fine...
  10. Can't download anything in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Can't download anything in win 10: I cannot download anything with edge. Also, IE will appear to open and search for website, but it stops( indicating it is AT yahoo) but the screen is blank white. 12360