Windows 10: can't download games

Discus and support can't download games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i had a nice computer, running windows 7, but it's stopped working. so i'm using a laptop, Acer aspire, that was given to me and it runs windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by linda3421, Mar 16, 2017.

1. linda3421 Win User

can't download games

i had a nice computer, running windows 7, but it's stopped working. so i'm using a laptop, Acer aspire, that was given to me and it runs windows 10, sop i'm learning. i had a stroke last month so everything is hard. i just wanted to sit here and play some of the old games, ms hearts, solataire, yahtzee, bejeweled...anyway..can't seem to download anythingh. the sites alwys want mt to download drivers or additional software. if i think i do get it to download it doesn't run rightand thee is another download to fix it. i tried downloading the windows 7 game pack but it comers in a zip file and i don't know how to make that into an application. plus i keep getting messages that i am out of room on my hardmdrive, but i can't delete anything. then i have to go back and delete the bad downioads and run anti virus software. is there a download site for games that is safe, how dop i unzip, how do i manage thre space on my c drive...can anyone help??? sorry, i can only typt with one hand

:)

linda3421, Mar 16, 2017
  2. farby Win User

Can't download game

You need to use the 'Nokia Support' tab at the bottom of this page or contact Nokia Store 'Support' along with this detail .. This is a User-to-User forum where I am afraid, such issues can't be resolved ..

farby, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Roberto Oca, Mar 16, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

can't download games

Hi Linda, I'll try to help you with some of your issues. First create some space on your disk. This will tell you how.
    Open and Use Disk Cleanup in Windows 10

For zip files, right click the zip folder and select extract here, if you have that option. If not install 7zip (7-Zip) Just be sure you download the version (X64 or X32) for the operating system you have. If you don't know which you have, right click the start flag in the bottom left of your screen, select system from the menu that pops up. You will see a screen like below. It will tell you whether yours is X64 or X86. You will see mine is X64.

can't download games [​IMG]

essenbe, Mar 16, 2017
  5. linda3421 Win User
    i've used disk cleanup. apparently it's not enough. what about the compression option?

i'm going to try the unzipping thing. i did copy th file to another folder and told it to extract all, but then what?

linda3421, Mar 16, 2017
  6. linda3421 Win User
    and sometimes i make new folders for my desktop and when i go to find them they are not there. i just made a folder to extact the games. then it was somewhere else. and when i did find it and look inside there were no extracted files. i'm usually not so stupid about the computer. i hate windows 10. can i downgrade to 7?

linda3421, Mar 16, 2017
  7. linda3421 Win User
    i always search with google, but sometimes when i search it uses bing which i always delete and it uses chrome which i don't even have. ??????

linda3421, Mar 16, 2017
  8. Wynona Win User

can't download games

I would suggest you find a beginner's book for Windows 10. Amazon.com has quite a few of them, but I would go with one published in late 2016 (August, September). I think maybe one for Seniors might work for you also, since you've had a stroke and things are hard for you right now. I'm a very, very senior and I know all about "hard to learn" new things.

Here's a link to Amazon.com's Windows 10 Beginner books: Amazon.com: windows 10 books - Computers & Technology / Schools & Teaching: Books

Wynona, Mar 16, 2017
  9. linda3421 Win User
    i ran a program to clean up windows and all of my bookmarks and saved passwords are gone. i just had them organized and i need the saved password/log-on. my documents, desktop folders, pictures all say empty, but i did find those when i look under "user".

i had erased some programs but it still says i have 28.7 gb used out of 29.0

anyone know how to recover the bookmarks?

linda3421, Mar 16, 2017
  10. Wynona Win User
    It depends on your browser. I searched "recover bookmarks" in Bing, which is my search engine of choice, and the results are here. Just click on the one(s) that have your browser listed.

recover bookmarks - Bing

Wynona, Mar 16, 2017
  11. essenbe Win User
    Linda, what program did you use to clean up files and exactly what computer do you have? Manufacturer and model number please.

essenbe, Mar 16, 2017
  12. simrick Win User
    Hi Linda,
    I have a question: this laptop that was given to you, it is used? In other words, does it still have all kinds of leftovers from the previous owner, or was it completely reset to like how it comes from the manufacturer? Because it sort of sounds to me like it may have problems (infections?) and perhaps you need to start fresh.

simrick, Mar 16, 2017
  13. can't download games

Caledon Ken, Mar 16, 2017
  14. linda3421 Win User
    i got my bookmarks back by accessing the bookmarks backup. they didn't show up until i restarted, which wasn't mentioned in the instructiuon so i kept trying to restore...ugh

linda3421, Mar 16, 2017
  15. linda3421 Win User
    let me tell you the rest of my sad story. my sweet husband died one Sunday morning of a heart attack. 6 months later his father did the same. i brought all of his electronics to my house to try to sell. i did reset to factory some of the lap tops, but not this one. i think all of his stuff is out, but there are so many acer programs and win 10. it's crazy. i would like to reset to factory, byt wouldn't that stll leave the acer files and th windows 10 programs? i would format the hard drive, but can't get that to work. seems like it's protected. did you see that the message i get is that 28.7 gb is used out of 29.9 gb./ i need to do something. i don't need a lot of fancy programs to make me happy. i do have another acer here that runs windows 7. maybe i'll change to that one. i like to have my big monitor attached and the monitor plug on the acer one doesn't screw on so it keeps falling off. can i format this c drive????

linda3421, Mar 16, 2017
Thema:

can't download games

1. can't download games - Similar Threads - can't download games

2. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download game: I just bought palworld on the microsoft store and when I go to download it, it greys out and freezes. I have tried resetting my store through the settings and powershell with zero change. I tried downloading apps which seemed to work but other games would give me the same...
  3. Can't download game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download game: I just bought palworld on the microsoft store and when I go to download it, it greys out and freezes. I have tried resetting my store through the settings and powershell with zero change. I tried downloading apps which seemed to work but other games would give me the same...
  4. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download game: So I have been having this issue for a while and even got a Microsoft Agent to take control of my pc to find out the issue and he unfortunately couldn't fix it. The first issue that started this was that I couldn't install Ark survival evolved on my pc and I keep getting an...
  6. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download game: So I have been having this issue for a while and even got a Microsoft Agent to take control of my pc to find out the issue and he unfortunately couldn't fix it. The first issue that started this was that I couldn't install Ark survival evolved on my pc and I keep getting an...
  7. Can't download game

8. Can't download gaming services

Can't download gaming services: I'm trying to play games on the xbox gaming pass on my pc but cant download gaming services. I have tried but now I have error code 0x8007007E, I have tried going to powershell and putting in what others have said but nothing happens for me. It just says "retry". Anyone know...
  9. can't download a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download a game: I can't download Forza Horizon 4 on my computer despite owning it digitally and having previously downloaded it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-a-game/dfd2b23b-2de1-48a0-a592-a8f894903d21
  10. can't download a game

can't download a game: I can't download Forza Horizon 4 on my computer despite owning it digitally and having previously downloaded it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-a-game/dfd2b23b-2de1-48a0-a592-a8f894903d21

Users found this page by searching for:

1. games that you cant download

2. i can download the trial but cant download the games\