Windows 10: Can't download/install MS News from the Microsoft App Store.

Discus and support Can't download/install MS News from the Microsoft App Store. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Title says it all really... Downloaded & Installed 1709 recently (took hooooours...) and realised some time later browsing MSN News that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by taid, Dec 20, 2017.

1. taid Win User

Can't download/install MS News from the Microsoft App Store.

Hello,

Title says it all really...

Downloaded & Installed 1709 recently (took hooooours...) and realised some time later browsing MSN News that any subject which has a video will not play - it just shows a white screen. Ran DISM and SFC to no avail. This of course may have nothing to do with 1709...

Then I thought - hey let's uninstall and re-install a nice new copy from the App Store...

Bad move !!!

The uninstalling went well - well I presume so - I've been trying for a few days to download but have had no luck.

In the store I search for MSN News, click on 'get the app' it then tells me 'you own this product' (???). I click on install and it 'looks' as if it's downloading but I quickly get the message error 'couldn't install, we'll try later' The rrror code is: 0x80240013.

A bit more information that might help. I've downloaded a couple of other apps from the Store and all goes well. Also YouTube videos play normally as do videos from such places as the Daily Express (!!!).

This leads me think that the problem lies with the app and /or the store ? The 'you own this product' intrigues me though.

Thank you...

:)

2. Unable to find files of downloaded and installed apps from Microsoft store.

Original title : Microsoft Store Downloads.

I am attempting to download apps from the MS Store on Windows 10. I can't find the file once it has downloaded and been installed. Where is it? Not in download file or anywhere else I can find.

DebbieLightsey, Dec 20, 2017
  3. apps installation problem

I can't install apps that I download from ms store via pc?plz help me.

Naimur Rahman, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Can't download/install MS News from the Microsoft App Store.

Techjourney, Dec 20, 2017
  5. taid Win User
    Techjourney - thanks for your quick reply with the link...my apologies for the slow reply but a severe attack of influenza laid me low...

I initially tried the first option in the article but couldn't find any reference to MSN News - it was probably there but there were pages and pages of stuff so I moved on to option two. That seemed to run well and I suddenly had a big list of 'recently added' programmes showing in 'start' - and among those was MSN News. Now all I have to do is uninstall the rest and - job done !

Thanks again for your help and a Merry Christmas to everyone. *Party*Party*Party

John

6. I have had issues with the news app in past. A bit different but I ended up needing to reinstall and ran into issues at this point.

sounds like you got it sorted but just in case you have future issues another option that worked for me, download ccleaner and then go to tools. This should list all your apps. Hopefully news will be in the list. Click it and uninstall it. Close ccleaner. Wait a minute and then go back into store app and install news. Fingers crossed it’ll work for you too if needed. It’s a quick fix rather than fiddling with powershell

Scottyboy99, Dec 23, 2017
  7. I am glad to hear you got it working. As mentioned Ccleaner is a great option to remove all those extra apps it installed. Merry Christmas

CCleaner 5.42.6495

Techjourney, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't download/install MS News from the Microsoft App Store.

1. Can't download/install MS News from the Microsoft App Store. - Similar Threads - Can't download install

2. Microsoft Store - Can't Download / Install Apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store - Can't Download / Install Apps?: Hi all, not sure if anyone can help with this.Last night I tried to download/installed WhatsApp from the Microsoft Store app. It failed. It gave an error:"Code: 0x80070002"All it gives is the option to report it.I've tried multiple times. I found an article on here that that...
  3. Can't download apps from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download apps from Microsoft store: Unable to download apps from Microsoft store even after resetting and repairing app in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps-from-microsoft-store/75195aa9-db4a-48ed-9b14-5dd1a19129f4
  4. Microsoft store- Can't download apps from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store- Can't download apps from Microsoft Store.: hello i Can't download apps from Microsoft Store. it says i own the app but when i click install i cant install the app. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cant-download-apps-from-microsoft/f68a63a3-5558-4ee2-b385-6a542ec75e2f
  5. Microsoft store- Can't download apps from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store- Can't download apps from Microsoft Store.: hello i Can't download apps from Microsoft Store. it says i own the app but when i click install i cant install the app. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cant-download-apps-from-microsoft/f68a63a3-5558-4ee2-b385-6a542ec75e2f
  6. Microsoft store- Can't download apps from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cant install apps downloaded from MS Store

Cant install apps downloaded from MS Store: I can download the apps, but then they wont install. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-apps-downloaded-from-ms-store/f24c42dd-8444-47d4-aef8-47d0319bbb19
  8. Can't download app from Microsoft Store

Can't download app from Microsoft Store: I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 and it is not downloading. When I try to download it it says downloading for a couple seconds then says error. When I click see details it gives me the error code 0x80072F8F. I will attach a screenshot. I have tried resetting the...
  9. Can't download apps from microsoft store!

Can't download apps from microsoft store!: Recently I have installed <Your Phone App> app on my android device and it requires <Your Phone> app same in my Microsoft computer and I opened Microsoft store and when I choose any app or game after a few seconds the Microsoft Store get close automatically so I can't...
  10. Can't download apps from Microsoft Store

Can't download apps from Microsoft Store: I am unable to download the Fitbit app from the Microsoft store. When I am trying to download it and click on ‘get app’ a blue screen shows up for a few seconds and then vanishes. That’s it. I tried to download a different app but nothing changed. So the issue isn’t with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant download app ms-store

2. cant install ms news