Windows 10: cant download or save anything from the internet

Discus and support cant download or save anything from the internet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after a recent automatic update of windows 10, I cant download or save anything from the internet. ran recovery to set windows back to an earlier date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by onefatherof3, Sep 4, 2018.

1. cant download or save anything from the internet

after a recent automatic update of windows 10, I cant download or save anything from the internet. ran recovery to set windows back to an earlier date before the recent update. receive message that recovery wasn't successful because it couldn't access a file. need help.

:)

onefatherof3, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Moose Win User

Internet Downloads

Thanks all for the useful suggestions, i certainly can understand the idea of refreshing downloads. I wish Firefox had that little button lol. Now i'll try and download Warrock (a great FREE game) with download manager though (annoyingly) firefox is now downloading without buggering up!
    I just did a few spyware scans which though didn't stop the probs it probably did stop all thoses bloody programs from using the internet and slowing it down.

Moose, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Ravenas Win User
    Saving downloads?

On my Macbook I use Safari to browse the internet/download. When using Safari it will save whatever download you have currently so that if you stop the download it picks up where you last left off (say your computer crashes).

Anyhow, occasionally it will do this with IE on Windows Vista, however 99% IE will not save my download position... Is there a setting I can turn on or off that will command IE to do this? If not, is there an app that will do this for me? *Confused cant download or save anything from the internet :confused:

Ravenas, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

cant download or save anything from the internet

How do I tell Internet Explorer 11 to always save (only save) a certain filetype without asking me first?

Hi Ladislav,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to automatically save a file in Internet Explorer 11:

• In Internet Explorer 11, you'll have to click first on a file of the type you want to open automatically.
    • This will show you the Open/Save prompt.
    • Select the Save option.
    • In Internet Explorer, click Tools.
    • Click the View Download options.
    • You will see a popup containing the file that you downloaded.
    • Make sure to uncheck the option "Always ask before opening this type of file."

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

cant download or save anything from the internet

1. cant download or save anything from the internet - Similar Threads - cant download save

2. Cant download anything from the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant download anything from the microsoft store: It worked just fine until about three days when i tried downloading microsoft to do.Whenever i press download it just says Download is starting.But nothing else happens it just says that forever.Im also paying for Xbox Game Pass and whenever I try downloading a new game it...
  3. cant download anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant download anything.: Cant download anything. Keeps saying "to help protect your pc we recommend using a microsoft verified app" or "the app you are installing is not a supported app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-anything/c24b7e2f-154e-48e1-b306-618e30c5696a
  4. cant download anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant download anything.: Cant download anything. Keeps saying "to help protect your pc we recommend using a microsoft verified app" or "the app you are installing is not a supported app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-anything/c24b7e2f-154e-48e1-b306-618e30c5696a
  5. cant download anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. cant download anything from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant download anything from microsoft store: whenever i try to update/install apps i get an error with the error code 0x80246008. i tried everything i could. run WSreset. use DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. use sfc /scannow. and in powershell...
  7. cant download anything from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant download anything from microsoft store: whenever i try to update/install apps i get an error with the error code 0x80246008. i tried everything i could. run WSreset. use DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. use sfc /scannow. and in powershell...
  8. Cant download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download anything: I cant **** download a game this **** store delets the god dam fils when i puse the **** download and i cant download 24/7 i can only download 5 hours a day at night im not **** super rich to have like 5 different internet connection with that all have 1 terbite a day . I...
  9. Cant download anything from store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant download anything from store: Im having a problem where I try downloading anything from the store. I've tried wsreset.exe, restoring the app and so on, still not working. I'm on the latest windows update as of 18 Aug. For an example I've recently bought Forza Motorsport 7. I tried installing it on one...
  10. Can not download anything from the internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not download anything from the internet: I am trying to download files off of the internet to MOD a game i play. i click download and once it reaches 100% a pop up says blank contained a virus and has been deleted. i watched some viedos and they said to disable antivirus settings in windows security center. After...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant download anything from the internet

2. cannot download anything from internet

3. why cant i save anything from internet

4. cannot download or save anything