Windows 10: Can't download programs, I can download photos/pdfs

Discus and support Can't download programs, I can download photos/pdfs in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 to my D: drive and since then I haven't been able to download programs to my C: drive. For some reason I can download... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Rance, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Rance Win User

Can't download programs, I can download photos/pdfs

I recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 to my D: drive and since then I haven't been able to download programs to my C: drive. For some reason I can download photos, any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

:)

Rance, Dec 19, 2017
  2. ettennna Win User

Print a pdf file using Windows 10

Reply 2 - it is not just pdf files I can't print - I can only print from programs designed for Win 7.

So Photos App and the installed pdf reader don't work, nor do Apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store. I can print from downloaded Chrome, but not from IE or Edge installed on the laptop when I got it.

I can print a pdf using Acrobat Reader DC.

The Apps and programs I can't print from find the printer ok, but the print job stalls in the print queue and cannot be deleted except by Cancelling the print job and then restarting the laptop.

ettennna, Dec 19, 2017
  3. PDF downloads

Windows 10 - why can't I download PDF's and why can't I download the Adobe Reader program?

ClaudiaMacKenzie, Dec 19, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

What browser are you using? IE11, Edge, Chrome etc?
    Is your download location automatically set to D: ?
    What happens when you choose to download a program? Is there an error message? Does the download complete?

spunk, Dec 20, 2017
  5. What do you mean?
    1. You installed Ubuntu on D:, but are you unable to download when running Linux? Or when running Windows?
    2. What does it mean "cannot download to C:"?
    3. Are you NOT seeing a download dialog that asks you for a target download folder?
    4. Or are you seeing that dialog but you're not able to select the target?

margrave55, Dec 20, 2017
  6. Rance Win User
    I'm using Mozilla Firefox, I have it set to C: drive on my downloads. When I try to download a program it gives me a 'failed' error, but I can download photos fine.

1. I'm able to download perfectly on Linux, I'm having issues downloading programs on Windows.
    2. I meant that I can't download programs on Windows, sorry. When I'm on Linux I can download programs, but that's set to my D: drive.
    3. That's correct. It tries to automatically download and fails, when I download a photo however it shows a download dialog.

Thanks for the responses, hope you guys know what's up!

Rance, Dec 20, 2017
  7. Rance Win User
    I decided to just format my Ubuntu partition and everything is working fine now, I'll close this thread.

Rance, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't download programs, I can download photos/pdfs - Similar Threads - Can't download programs

2. Can't download a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download a program: I am trying to download a program and it won't let me because I get the can't find the app in the app store box.I have already checked and I am not in Windows 11 Home S modeI went through the process of making sure the apps allowed is set to "allow from anywhere"What else can...
  3. Can't download a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download a program: I am trying to download a program and it won't let me because I get the can't find the app in the app store box.I have already checked and I am not in Windows 11 Home S modeI went through the process of making sure the apps allowed is set to "allow from anywhere"What else can...
  4. download pdfs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download pdfs: Can somone tell me why i have to open pdfs in my browser and can't download them as I used to with the nice Adobe formatting?Should I uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat reader? Could it be defective?Is this a WIndows problem?Thank you...
  5. download pdfs

download pdfs: Can somone tell me why i have to open pdfs in my browser and can't download them as I used to with the nice Adobe formatting?Should I uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat reader? Could it be defective?Is this a WIndows problem?Thank you...
  6. download pdfs

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Edge Download and Show PDFs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Download and Show PDFs: So I have Edge on two machines and the browsers are synched to the same account. On one I can click on a PDF link and it automatically downloads and shows up on my PDF viewer. On the other it will download then show an "Open file" link that I have to click on manually to move...
  8. I can no longer download photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can no longer download photos: I can't down load my photos from my iPhone 8 to my PC anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-download-photos/62246f16-fa42-4df3-9d9c-cab1dbceaa89
  9. Can not download program I paid for

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can not download program I paid for: I just ordered PhotoScape X. Microsoft Store says: "We’re attempting to install on your selected device(s)." I click OK and this is the end. Nothing gets installed. What to do? Marina...
  10. Can't Install a Downloaded Program

Can't Install a Downloaded Program: I have twice downloaded programs and when I click to install them, I receive a screen with this error message: Your PC's settings only let it install verified apps from the Store...Installing apps. only from the Store helps protect your PC and keep it running...