Windows 10: Can't download software in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Can't download software in Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 a month ago and now have the Microsoft Edge browser. Now every time I try to download a software program (anti-virus, CD... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Udorn432, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Udorn432 Win User

Can't download software in Microsoft Edge

I upgraded to Windows 10 a month ago and now have the Microsoft Edge browser. Now every time I try to download a software program (anti-virus, CD burner etc) I get a message saying I'm not connected to the internet. I have tried everything! Not only can't I download anything, when I try to install the CD creator software I just purchased I also get a message saying it can't connect to the internet. I have tried changing my firewall settings, removing my anti-virus and trying to go back to Internet Explorer 10. Nothing works. Am I going to have to reinstall Windows 7 on my computer?

:)

Udorn432, Oct 20, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge shuts down when I try to download software

I have a Lenovo PC that I just upgraded successfully to Windows 10. I'm using the Edge browser.

I tried to download software for a new printer installation and when I click the download button, Edge shuts down.

I tried to download the software for Teamviewer 10 and Edge shuts down.

Anybody else having this issue? There doesn't seem to be a way to reset Edge, but it's useless if I can't install software for my peripherals or for that matter - anything else.

Perhaps if there was a way to reset the browser to default settings I might be able to then install these packages?

Any ideas? Anybody?

JulieFlynt, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Windows 10 apps not working

Well I can't run the troubleshooter because Microsoft Edge is **** also!!! Won't let me download or run anything. I can't even download Chrome browser. What is the deal with these apps?????

Lyndon Shell, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Can't download software in Microsoft Edge

When you upgraded I think it should of gone to IE11.
    Also on your burner what software is it.
    Also cant understand why it wont let you connect to the internet, I use only Edge and works ok for me.
    Before you started to try and download new software were you able to connect to the internet

hTconeM9user, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

Can't download software in Microsoft Edge

1. Can't download software in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Can't download software

2. I can't download software or open certain software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download software or open certain software.: I downloaded Python from the app store, but I when I open the IDLE plug in nothing opens. Also, I can't change my download settings to download software that is not from the Microsoft store....
  3. I can't download software or open certain software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download software or open certain software.: I downloaded Python from the app store, but I when I open the IDLE plug in nothing opens. Also, I can't change my download settings to download software that is not from the Microsoft store....
  4. Microsoft Edge Downloads bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Downloads bar: I there any way to get the old microsoft edge downloads bar in the bottom? because the new one takes a long time to load and doesnt know how much storage files use while downloading....
  5. Microsoft Edge Update *Software?*

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge Update *Software?*: Hello.So, I had Chromium on my PC and I of course wanted to delete it. None of the deleting options worked for me, so I decided to use a third party software to do so called Bulk **** Uninstaller BCU. I while I was uninstalling Chromium, I came across Browser Assistant on my...
  6. Can't download anything on edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't download anything on edge: I was trying to download google, firefox, and the new version of edge I was having malware problems, and google wouldn't open, so I tried reinstalling it But all of the download buttons didn't do anything. I tried looking at a different Microsoft community question where...
  7. Can't download new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download new Microsoft Edge: When I go to download the new Edge on Microsoft's website, I'm met with a 500 Error. It's as if the website does not exist or is taken down. Is this suppose to happen? submitted by /u/WigglyWastebin [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't Install Downloaded Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install Downloaded Software: Hey So I bought a new PC that came with Windows 10. I downloaded some apps and installed them without a hitch. A couple of days later I downloaded another software program that manages downloads from within China (Xunlei, if you must know), but it would refuse to install...
  9. Download Software at Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download Software at Microsoft Store: Dear, i bought affinity photo at Window store, but the download file still no responding. please help. Regards Ari https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-software-at-microsoft-store/b95eb8e5-5bcd-43da-af47-fb87d91db27f"
  10. Can't Download in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Download in Edge: Any type of download from any site while in Edge will not download. When I click on Download nothing happens. I'm having to open Chrome if I want to Download anything at all. Thanks 30826