Windows 10: Cant drag and drop files in windows 10

Discus and support Cant drag and drop files in windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i just cant drag things from the desktop to any folders i have to cut and past it.... any solution. 13960 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dnial387, Aug 7, 2015.

1. dnial387 Win User

Cant drag and drop files in windows 10

i just cant drag things from the desktop to any folders i have to cut and past it....

any solution.

:)

dnial387, Aug 7, 2015

2. Drag and Drop in Windows 10

Hi James,

We would like to check if you have already got your machine back and if the issue still persists after having it repaired?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Drag and Drop in Windows 10

Why problems after using the Media Creation Tool, sfc /scannow and DISM windows 10 issues remain, presented solution was to send unit in for repair, should not have been sold with issues, By the way about 3 weeks without machine and not what I paid for.

james mcguireyw, Aug 7, 2015
  4. chiko Win User

Always cut and paste. Why would you want to hold a mouse button down anyway? You will be better off in 30 years with this technique. Also you wont "accidentally" drop something in the folder tree and not know where it fell.

chiko, Aug 7, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Just tried it out and you sort of can but it's a copy paste and not a cut and paste.

Well that's what it did for me at least.

BunnyJ, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    Drag and drop works for me.

Bazz, Aug 7, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Does it leave the file still on the desktop?

BunnyJ, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

Only If I move it to another drive

Bazz, Aug 7, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    got it.. I can cut and paste from my E drive to the C drive. Thanks...

BunnyJ, Aug 7, 2015
  10. dnial387 Win User
    i ment i cant drag anything anywhere... i don't have that option at all

dnial387, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Bazz Win User
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Aug 7, 2015
  13. Bazz Win User

Try Pressing the Esc Key when holding down the mouse button

14. dnial387 Win User
    not working *Sad

dnial387, Aug 7, 2015
  15. Bazz Win User
    Try right mouse button with Esc.

Thema:

1. Cant drag and drop files in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cant drag drop

2. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  3. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  4. Drag and drop freezing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop freezing files: Same problem as hereNew tab reddit.comWhat i do:1 Repair windows files2 Recovery windows3 update windows4 Reset windows5 Custon install windows6 Full wipe and then install windows.7 Full clean install and then reset for "factory" windows...NOTHING... Please help...
  5. drag and drop - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    drag and drop - windows 10: windows 10 pro version 2004 build 19041.630 I've been using program launcher powerpro for 15 or more years with no problems under windows XP and windows 7. PowerPro Now, under windows 10, I'm having a problem with dragging and dropping files from the file manager onto...
  6. file explorer drag and drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer drag and drop: After my last update there is no right pane in the file explorer to drag and drop files. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-drag-and-drop/f2190733-2938-485c-880e-58d172f73f16
  7. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  8. Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge.: Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge. Is it even possible? Thanks. 87479
  9. Drag & Drop file increment?

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag & Drop file increment?: Is there a way I can change the behaviour of drag and drop files in file explorer so that if the file exists its filename is extended by an incremented number. (Sorry, that sounds confusing). e.g. drag abc.jpg on c:\ to abc.jpg on f:\. If abc.jpg on f:\ already exists then...
  10. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant drag and drop files windows 10