Windows 10: Can't drag File Explorer to second screen

Discus and support Can't drag File Explorer to second screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot drag File Explorer to my second screen. All other programs and files can move between the screens. Help! 70973 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lmoore1237, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Can't drag File Explorer to second screen

I cannot drag File Explorer to my second screen. All other programs and files can move between the screens. Help!

:)

lmoore1237, Nov 27, 2016

2. file explorer - cant drag to second window

Hi,

There are several factors that may trigger this issue including your settings or even recent changes to your computer. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions
    for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say you cannot drag file explorer on the "second Windows", are you referring to a second monitor?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Nov 27, 2016
  3. SalPuaar Win User
    file explorer - cant drag to second window

can't drag file explorer on second windows - computer crashes... I have surface 4

Moderator Edit: moved from the german Forum - Dumba_M3

SalPuaar, Nov 27, 2016
Thema:

Can't drag File Explorer to second screen

1. Can't drag File Explorer to second screen - Similar Threads - Can't drag File

2. can't drag and drop files in file explorer for windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't drag and drop files in file explorer for windows 11: After waking my computer I have to restart it every time to move files like my course books and papers for school. I found some troubleshooting tips online that dealt with the Task Manager, CMD Prompt, and Powershell but none of them fixed the problem. This is anytime my...
  3. can't drag and drop files in file explorer for windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't drag and drop files in file explorer for windows 11: After waking my computer I have to restart it every time to move files like my course books and papers for school. I found some troubleshooting tips online that dealt with the Task Manager, CMD Prompt, and Powershell but none of them fixed the problem. This is anytime my...
  4. Restore/Minimize Button Doesn't Work And I Can't Drag File Explorer To My Second Monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore/Minimize Button Doesn't Work And I Can't Drag File Explorer To My Second Monitor.: I used a software called Clover for a bit instead of File Explorer, but I deleted it off my computer now. When using Firefox, Outlook, etc. I can move them seamlessly between monitor 1 and monitor 2. With File Explorer, I can't move it since it hits a virtual wall. I also...
  5. file explorer drag and drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer drag and drop: After my last update there is no right pane in the file explorer to drag and drop files. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-drag-and-drop/f2190733-2938-485c-880e-58d172f73f16
  6. Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds whenever I drag files out of the window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds whenever I drag files out of the window: I’ve been trying to drag and drop files out of the windows explorer window and the pc stops being responsive and freezes up,after it stops freezing it goes back to normal without it completing theaction and it leaves a screen burn there. submitted by /u/sunyoid [link]...
  7. Can't open file explorer on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open file explorer on second monitor: So i'm using windows 10 on my surface laptop and i have it connected to my tv by hdmi. For the most part it's working great but i'm having a bit of trouble with one thing. On my tv i'm not able to open file explorer. Whenever i click it it just opens on my main laptop. Is...
  8. Can't Drag and Drop files from File Explorer suddenly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Drag and Drop files from File Explorer suddenly: I was editing a video earlier today and dragged a file from file explorer into Adobe Premiere, but then immediately after it wouldn't let me drag the same file back in when I had deleted it from the timeline I was working on. I thought it was no big deal, just went to the...
  9. Can't drag a file from file explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't drag a file from file explorer: Hi I am trying to upload a file to my accountancy software. the application only lets me drag it over. This month I have found that when I drag the file, I get the egg timer next to the cursor. Whether I wait or release the mouse button the egg timer disappears and file...
  10. Explorer lagging when dragging files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer lagging when dragging files: So I noticed a couple months back that Explorer started lagging when I drag a file anywhere, even within the same window. I click, start to drag, and it immediately lags for about a second or two, then suddenly moves to the spot I indicated. Does it with right-click drags,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant move file explorer to other screen

2. file explorer wont move to another screen

3. cant drag file explorer window

4. file explorer will not drag and switch to second screen,
  5. file explorer wont switch screens?,
  6. file explorer window not moving to a second monitor,
  7. not able to move windows explorer to 2nd screen,
  8. windows explorer wont move between screens,
  9. file explorer will not drag to another screen,
  10. move file explorer across screens,
  11. file explorer cannot be opened on second screen,
  12. cant move filed in file explorer,
  13. why can i only open file explorer on my surface and not on the connected screens,
  14. move explorer from screen to screen,
  15. my file explorer screen cant be moved to additional screen