Windows 10: Can't drag File Explorer to second screen

Discus and support Can't drag File Explorer to second screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot drag File Explorer to my second screen. All other programs and files can move between the screens. Help! 70973 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lmoore1237, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Can't drag File Explorer to second screen

I cannot drag File Explorer to my second screen. All other programs and files can move between the screens. Help!

:)

lmoore1237, Nov 27, 2016

2. file explorer - cant drag to second window

Hi,

There are several factors that may trigger this issue including your settings or even recent changes to your computer. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions
    for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say you cannot drag file explorer on the "second Windows", are you referring to a second monitor?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Nov 27, 2016
  3. SalPuaar Win User
    file explorer - cant drag to second window

can't drag file explorer on second windows - computer crashes... I have surface 4

Moderator Edit: moved from the german Forum - Dumba_M3

SalPuaar, Nov 27, 2016
Thema:

Can't drag File Explorer to second screen

1. Can't drag File Explorer to second screen - Similar Threads - Can't drag File

2. Can't right click and drag or copy files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't right click and drag or copy files: I recently lost the ability to right click and copy files to a separate folder or the desktop. I have tried several of the fixes posted online but with no luck....
  3. Can't Drag and Drop files from File Explorer suddenly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Drag and Drop files from File Explorer suddenly: I was editing a video earlier today and dragged a file from file explorer into Adobe Premiere, but then immediately after it wouldn't let me drag the same file back in when I had deleted it from the timeline I was working on. I thought it was no big deal, just went to the...
  4. Can't connect to second screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect to second screen: I have a MSI laptop (GL62 model) with HDMI video output and I tried to connect to my old LG monitor with VGA input. This morning I re-installed my windows and 2 monitors is working fine with HDMI to VGA adapter. But then I restart windows, some windows repair happened an then...
  5. Can't drag a file from file explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't drag a file from file explorer: Hi I am trying to upload a file to my accountancy software. the application only lets me drag it over. This month I have found that when I drag the file, I get the egg timer next to the cursor. Whether I wait or release the mouse button the egg timer disappears and file...
  6. Can't display second screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't display second screen: When I go to "display settings", there is only one monitor shown. If I click "Detect", it says "Didn't detect another display". When I do WIN +P, I see message "Your PC can't project to another screen". Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card. What do I...
  7. File Explorer: Disable dragged-file's ghostly icon image

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Disable dragged-file's ghostly icon image: Anytime I drag a file(s) in a folder window, a translucent, oversized icon follows the mouse pointer, partially obscuring up to 4 nearby items. Can this effect be disabled? I'm sure somebody at MS thought it was slick idea, but it just gives me a headache. I haven't found...
  8. Explorer lagging when dragging files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer lagging when dragging files: So I noticed a couple months back that Explorer started lagging when I drag a file anywhere, even within the same window. I click, start to drag, and it immediately lags for about a second or two, then suddenly moves to the spot I indicated. Does it with right-click drags,...
  9. Can't drag and drop files, permissions issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't drag and drop files, permissions issue?: Ever since i've updated to Windows 10 i've been having an issue with permissions which im unable to fix. Basically all of my software and files located on a non-system hard drive appear to be restricted in one way or another despite the fact that i've manually set all of...
  10. File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work: Hello, when I try to drag and drop a file using file explorer, it shows a red "unavailable" icon. I also haven't found a way to disable the annoying time and date text at the bottom left of the lock screen (which was easily done in Windows 8.1 as documented on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant move file explorer to other screen

2. file explorer wont move to another screen

3. cant drag file explorer window

4. my file explorer screen cant be moved to additional screen,
  5. windoes explorer crashing when moved from screen to screen,
  6. i cant move my page to my second screen,
  7. file explorer will not move to other screen,
  8. cannot move file explorer,
  9. after update unable to drag the folder on second screen,
  10. cannot move file explorer to another screen,
  11. cannot drag file explorer to second screen,