Windows 10: Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer

Discus and support Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having a trouble while I try to edit mp3 tags from windows explorer... I don't know why I can't now, I reinstalled windows but I've always was able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alesyt0h, Jun 19, 2018.

1. alesyt0h Win User

Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer

I'm having a trouble while I try to edit mp3 tags from windows explorer... I don't know why I can't now, I reinstalled windows but I've always was able to edit things such as album or even give the song 5 stars.

Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer VFZFZPt.png

That's how how it should be seen, but it doesn't let me edit the tag :/ no matter what. I cannot type in it.
    The mp3 files are not read only, I have full rights of them and the folder.

I don't know why is this happening .... *Sad

Tried with MP3Tag and Kid3 tag editor, but I don't like them, also messes my language when I import the songs to my iphone.

Any help to get it working again in the windows explorer?

Thanks!

:)

alesyt0h, Jun 19, 2018

2. Mp3 Tag editing

Technical Level : Intermediate

Summary

Details

Many users are facing problems in editing the mp3 tags. This can be easily done if they are having PC by making use of this app mp3 tag. It can be downloaded from here
    Mp3tag - Download . If they don't have PC then also they can edit the tags by using this app in their handset itself. Its compatible with belle also. Its called Tag tools. I have
    attached this file just download and install it. Using this app you can change the album art image also.

Tag Tools.zip

ajaydavidson---01, Jun 19, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    edit tag of mp3 songs

1. Open the parent folder in Windows Explorer, in the search box (top right) type *.mp3 to find all mp3 files in all sub folders.

2. On the view ribbon, click the Detail Pane button on the left, so the details pane pops up on the right

3. Select all the mp3 files (click the first one and then Shift click the last one)

4. In the details pane edit the 'Encoded by' tag and click the 'Save' button and you are done

I hope this is the answer you were looking for!

DaveM121, Jun 19, 2018
  4. geotso Win User

edit tag of mp3 songs

I want to edit a tag (e.g. "Encoded by") of all the mp3 songs in a folder and its subfolders, simultaneously. Is it possible?

I think PowerShell could do it, but I don't know scripting...

geotso, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer - Similar Threads - Can't edit mp3

2. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  3. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  4. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  5. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

I can't change the tags of mp3 files.: Up to a point everything was fine, and then I suddenly couldn't change anything. I did a clean boot, but it didn't change anything, and then I installed Mp3tag, which let me edit the properties of the file but as a result the file became unplayable....
  6. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change the tags of mp3 files.: Up to a point everything was fine, and then I suddenly couldn't change anything. I did a clean boot, but it didn't change anything, and then I installed Mp3tag, which let me edit the properties of the file but as a result the file became unplayable....
  7. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Edit ID tags in File Explorer

Edit ID tags in File Explorer: Today I find that I can no longer Edit ID Tags in File Explorer. My music files are recorded as FLAC files. The drop-down menu in File Explorer no longer has the Edit option. Also, it is not possible to Edit the ID Tags in Properties. Can anyone help?...
  9. Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer

Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer: hi. I use win 10 N and windows don"t show mp3 tag in windows explorer. I download this file: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356 x x but I receive error : The update in not applicable to your computer. How I can fix this problem...
  10. Can't edit mp3 details

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit mp3 details: So recently I decided to build up my music library on my phone, so I also wanted to update some of my music with details (album, artist, etc) but for some reason it won't let me do it even as an admin So here's what I've done so far: 1. Went to properties 2. Went to...