Windows 10: Can't enable Admin. account

Discus and support Can't enable Admin. account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to enable the administrator account in Windows 10 Pro but without much luck. Whatever option I try I am left with a request asking me... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by VinceBev, Nov 20, 2016.

1. VinceBev Win User

Can't enable Admin. account

I am trying to enable the administrator account in Windows 10 Pro but without much luck.

Whatever option I try I am left with a request asking me for an 'admin username and password', which I don't have, but the only active box available is for 'No' anyway.

If I use the 'command prompt' route then I am not offered the same options that are indicated by the guide I am referring to.

Tried the Administrator tab in 'Local Users and Groups', where the Admin. account is ticked disabled but it won't let enable it.

It seems I am blocked at every point from enabling this and I can't carry out certain actions on the PC until it is.

I will be eternally grateful if there is someone who can shine some light on this. I am obviously doing something wrong but I don't know what.

Thanks

:)

VinceBev, Nov 20, 2016

2. Win 10 - no admin account

You need to be an admin to do a clean install. You can't do a reset, because it doesn't bring back the admin account. You can't do any CLI work, again, without the admin account. You can't enable the hidden admin account because you need an elevated permission
    (admin) command prompt to do so. I clearly am in the same position.

stephkarkls, Nov 20, 2016
  3. MetP. Win User
    Admin privilages are gone, I can't do nothing because I lost administrator.

Hi all, this forum is my last chance, please help me to find a solution!

What's my problem.

Tomorrow I booted my PC and I noticed that my second Admin account isn't on my PC, I went to Account settings, Googled some solution and I saw that my account is no more admin but it's a guest user account.

I searched for some solution but everything that people say to do needs admin privilages, but I haven't it!

I literally can't do nothing!

I also know that there is an account with administrator privileges named
    Adiministrator, but how I login in that account?

What I can't do.

• I can't open CMD as Admin;
    • I can't change account settings like Account type and Others;
    • I can't open programs as Admin too;
    • I can't enable UAC settings;
    • I can't enable the hidden admin account;
    • I can't do things as Admin.
    Please help me!

MetP., Nov 20, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Are you signed in with an admin account why don't you know the admin password?

Samuria, Nov 20, 2016
  5. VinceBev Win User
    Thanks,

I'm signed in with my Microsoft account and to my knowledge I never created an Admin. password. Each time I go to the UAC I am told I need an admin. 'username and password to continue' but the only option available is 'No'.

VinceBev, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't enable Admin. account - Similar Threads - Can't enable Admin

2. Can't Change Account to Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  3. Can't Change Account to Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  4. Can't switch account to admin!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't switch account to admin!: So, my account was at admin privileges until something happened and I signed in as a standard user, and now, I can't switch back to admin. I tried trough the User accounts, and the cmd. I basically lost control of my computer please help!...
  5. Can't log into admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into admin account: I'm currently unable to log into the admin account on my windows 10 computer, the problem came after i tried to make a local account. I am able to log into that but in the account screen the main account has a sign in button that does not work and no option to enter a...
  6. Can't get into admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get into admin account: I was trying to remove password for logon and delted my account. It also seems to have messed up the admin account. I can't get into it the admin account. Whenever something pops up that requests admin approval, there is no yes box, only no as an option. [IMG]...
  7. Can't get into admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't get into admin account: I was trying to remove password for logon and delted my account. It also seems to have messed up the admin account. I can't get into it the admin account. Whenever something pops up that requests admin approval, there is no yes box, only no as an option....
  8. How to enable admin account if u disabled it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to enable admin account if u disabled it: Hello everyone im just wondering how to enable admin account after u just disabled it beacuse when i try to open an app or program as run as adminstrator it only gives me the option not to continue. If someone knows how to fix this problem please reply Kind regards...
  9. No admin account and can't reenable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No admin account and can't reenable it: I go to system repair console after a restart, and I do the net user Administrator /active:yes however, when the machine restarts it is deactivated again. I notice that in system repair, it seems to show the machine name as simply \\ rather than \\machine_name - which implies...
  10. Update problem(can't enable in admin tools)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update problem(can't enable in admin tools): So frustrated with this issue. I disabled Windows Update a long time ago once I first got Windows 10. Now I want to install updates and what not for stability and I can't enable Windows Update in the services menu under Admin tools. Anybody can help me with this? It's enabled...