Windows 10: Can´t enable NetBIOS over tcpip

Discus and support Can´t enable NetBIOS over tcpip in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have problem with network sharing from one of my computer i my Homenetwork. With Ipconfig /all I found that NetBIOS over tcpip is disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wortex, Jul 25, 2017.

1. wortex Win User

Can´t enable NetBIOS over tcpip

Hi

I have problem with network sharing from one of my computer i my Homenetwork.
    With Ipconfig /all I found that NetBIOS over tcpip is disabled the on network adapter even if enabled in WINS properties and Regedit.

Is there a way to enable it or another solution to solve my problem.

:)

wortex, Jul 25, 2017
  2. OlivierLv Win User

Netbios over TcpIP broken since upgrade to creators upgrade (or hyper-V feature installed)

Hi community,

I run into a strange problem since the creators upgrade (or since I activated Hyper-V, not sure which one broke netbios).

I can't change the NetBIOS over Tcpip settings on network adapter. Tcpip works fine on my network and I can access my NAS shares if I use their IP addresses. But in file explorer, I used to have my network location pointing to my devices using netbios names,
    and it doesn't work anymore. If I force the netbios over tcpip in the adapter settings, it still won't work and "ipconfig /all" still shows as "Disabled".

I can't discover my netbios devices on my network anymore. I've been trying a whole lot of registry modifications ...etc. Still not working.

I have all the settings properly enabled (network discovery enabled, sharing, ...etc). I'm at a lost here. Any help or similar issues would be appreciated.

O

OlivierLv, Jul 25, 2017
  3. Netbios over TCPIP always disabled

Hi Stan,

The network issue that you are facing is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Community. We suggest posting your question in our
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals who are well-equipped with the knowledge on such issues.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jul 25, 2017
  4. Can´t enable NetBIOS over tcpip

Hey Wortex,

Have you checked the UEFI settings for your network card? Assuming it's the onboard one there may be an option to enable or disable it there.

Windows Sniper, Jul 25, 2017
  5. wortex Win User
    Hi

No settings to change in UEFI

wortex, Jul 25, 2017
  6. Hmm, do you have the latest available driver for the NIC? Should be available from the MSI website.

7. wortex Win User
    Hi

I had the latest driver before the problem started with file sharing. Now i have an older from late 2016 but it was same problem before i did re installation of the older driver.

wortex, Jul 25, 2017
  8. Can´t enable NetBIOS over tcpip

So the up to date driver was working fine, then you started having issues with file sharing? Or File sharing never worked on the up to date driver?

If it's the former, it would be a setting change or something on your system. If it was the latter then it could be NIC specific.

9. wortex Win User
    Hi

It was after my last windows update the problem started...about two weeks ago.

wortex, Jul 25, 2017
  10. Samuria Win User
    If you Got the settings for the network card is NetBIOS there if not can you add it

Samuria, Jul 25, 2017
  11. Dude Win User
Thema:

Can´t enable NetBIOS over tcpip

1. Can´t enable NetBIOS over tcpip - Similar Threads - Can´t enable NetBIOS

2. NetBIOS over Tcp/IP - Do I want this enabled?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NetBIOS over Tcp/IP - Do I want this enabled?: On previous versions of Windows, I've always disabled NetBIOS over Tcp/IP. Are we still doing that? I'm on a stand alone computer, with all Sharing disabled. No network, no printers. As far as I know I have no programs that require it. What is the current thinking on this?...
  3. How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10: [ATTACH]NetBIOS or Network Basic Input/Output System is an API used in Windows when DNS […] This article How to enable or disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Can´t download any file over 100MB

Can´t download any file over 100MB: Hi, since i updated to 2004 I am not able to download files over 100MB on my main computer. If I want to download a file over 100MB with any broswer I tested Firefox, Edge, Vivaldi it crashes between instant and after some MB. Firefox also prompts me the message that...
  5. Netbios over tcpip question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netbios over tcpip question: Do i need netbios enabled on my personal laptop for school work or can I just disable it? I been using my laptop for creating virtual machines to practice making domains and promoting the server to a domain controller.. I don't think NETBIOS should have any problems on my...
  6. Netbios

Netbios: I've seen lots of problems with Windows 10 and Netbios. I am unable to netbios from a win 10 machine to any other. Works fine from a Windows 7 machine. I've tried every single change I could find for the registry, firewall, hosts, lmhosts, you name it and I've tried it. Still...
  7. Can´t enable email notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can´t enable email notifications: Hi, I am not able to receive notifications from mail app in windows 10. I have enabled notifications through the app. However, in the Notifications & Actions through Settings, the notifications for mail & calendar are turned off and I cannot change this setting Can anybody...
  8. netbios over tcpip

netbios over tcpip: NetBIOS over tcpip is turned off. changing the setting in adapter setting doesn't fix this problem. is there a registry setting that can fix this problem. also even when this was set to yes, I could not see computers in network / file explorer windows 10 pro 1803...
  9. How to enable "NetBIOS over Tcpip" in Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to enable "NetBIOS over Tcpip" in Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller: How to enable "NetBIOS over Tcpip" in Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller? Ipconfig /all shows that Netbios over Tcpip is disabled, regardless of what setting I use in the Network Adapters WINS tab setting. In wifi card "NetBIOS over Tcpip" is enable....
  10. Can`t enable Hibernation! - Regedit/POWERCFG not helping!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can`t enable Hibernation! - Regedit/POWERCFG not helping!: Calling all windows 10 experts! I need your help! Just updated my Transformer T100HA to the Anniversary update. In order to get enough disk space to perform the update, I disabled hibernation with POWERCFG /h off from the command line, which disabled hibernation, deleted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

2. how to disable netbios tcip