Windows 10: Can't establish VPN connection to my office

Discus and support Can't establish VPN connection to my office in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've upgraded both my laptop and my desktop in my office to Windows 10 Pro (both were coming from Windows 8.1). VPN was working perfect before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by amir77a, Aug 7, 2015.

1. amir77a Win User

Can't establish VPN connection to my office

I've upgraded both my laptop and my desktop in my office to Windows 10 Pro (both were coming from Windows 8.1).

VPN was working perfect before the upgrade.

At current I can't establish a VPN connection to my office.

The VPN server (at my office) is listening to port 3390.
    Checking with netstat and port scanner, the port (3390) is opened.

On the VPN client I'm typing server IP:3390 but getting an error message saying "the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote server did not resolve).

Using just my server IP, I'm getting "verifying your connection info", and then "connecting to server IP".... and.. nothing more. It never connects.

Any help would be very appreciated.

:)

amir77a, Aug 7, 2015

2. Using VPN Connection

I'm having the same problem as yours. I can set up my Blackjack(Korean ver.) with the proper VPN information of my office network, but I can't establish this VPN connection.

And, I heard that a sort of VPN client application is needed for WM based smartphone to make VPN connection. But I've not been able to find appropriate one.

Justin Choi, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 DNS-Server order when connected via LAN and establishing a VPN Connection

Hi Gil,

the internet Service Provider can't help me. It's Windows 10 related. Everytime when I establish a connection with Ethernet (LAN) to a network (does no matter which ISP), i get an IP and I can surf in the internet. But when I establish an VPN connection
    on that Ethernet Connection, then my DNS will be set to the Ethernet Connection DNS-Server NOT to the VPN-Connection DNS-Server.

In this scenario my VPN-Connection gets a higher Metric as my Ethernet ( Cable bound LAN) connection.

Lan-Connection (Ethernet) Metric 5

VPN-Connection Metric 15

When I establish a WIFI connection to the same Router I can surf in the Internet. Then I establish an VPN-Connection an the DNS-Server will be set to the VPN-Connection configured DNS-Server.

In this scenario my VPN-Connection gets a lower Metric as my Wifi connection.

Wifi-Connection Metric 35

VPN-Connection Metric 25

Both Connections are preferred. So the connection with the better Metric wins.

It's not related to the ISP. He has nothing to do with the "automatic" Metric setting in my Windows 10 Client.

Thomas Voß, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Can't establish VPN connection to my office

1. Can't establish VPN connection to my office - Similar Threads - Can't establish VPN

2. Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session: I'm currently running a virtual machine with Windows 10. A connect to this virtual machine trough Remote Desktop Protocol. Once connected I want to establish a VPN connection to another server, but Windows forbidens me of doing that based on some security policy. If I access...
  3. Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session: I'm currently running a virtual machine with Windows 10. A connect to this virtual machine trough Remote Desktop Protocol. Once connected I want to establish a VPN connection to another server, but Windows forbidens me of doing that based on some security policy. If I access...
  4. Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to Fix FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be...

How to Fix FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be...: Whenever i try to connect to FortiClient VPN in Windows 10 computer, it fails to connect and saying ‘FortiClient unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable’ along with some error codes -8, -14, -6008, -5, -20199, or other error codes on error...
  6. Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established: Either a recent update from Nord or Microsoft is causing my Phone Link connection to go offline. It has worked fine since I first began using it when I upgraded to Windows 11 until the last few days. I added Phone Link to the apps list for Split Tunneling, but that did not...
  7. Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established

Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established: Either a recent update from Nord or Microsoft is causing my Phone Link connection to go offline. It has worked fine since I first began using it when I upgraded to Windows 11 until the last few days. I added Phone Link to the apps list for Split Tunneling, but that did not...
  8. Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet: Hey, Short summary of what i am trying to do: To get access to my data on the univerity network i have to connect to the intranet via VPN. I have a servername, my username and password. At first i tried to connect with the recommended (by the uni) client "Aruba Virtual...
  9. Unable to connect to my office PPTP VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to connect to my office PPTP VPN: I was trying to connect to my office PPTP VPN, but it fails with no error after the reboot. I tried again but received an error message "the specified port already open". I don’t think the issue is caused by the RAS or my home network because I can connect from other...
  10. VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established: After i reseted the whole network, the VPN does not work anymore no matter how i configurated the VPN but it works in Virtual Machine. What i did was input these commands in cmd Code: netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig...