Windows 10: Can't extend windows 10 partition into unallocated space

Discus and support Can't extend windows 10 partition into unallocated space in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Until recently, I ran a dual boot system with Ubuntu - but for business reasons, I uninstalled it (along with it's bootloader). Anyway, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theearlgrey, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Can't extend windows 10 partition into unallocated space

Hi all,
    Until recently, I ran a dual boot system with Ubuntu - but for business reasons, I uninstalled it (along with it's bootloader).
    Anyway, I cleared up the hard drive space in the Disk Management app on windows 10,
    I have about 350GB free space from Ubuntu and I cannot extend the C: partition, you can see what I mean here

I can't seem to extend my partition and whatever program I use I have to buy the full version to extend my partition,
    Help!

:)

theearlgrey, Jan 20, 2016
  2. Ivy336289 Win User

Moving the Unallocated space next to the C:/ drive partition

In disk management, you are allowed to create partition, extend partition, shrink partition, etc. However, there is no way to move partition.

according to your description, I think you want to extend your C drive. However, the unallocated space is not at the right adjacent side of C drive. Thus, you cannot extend your C drive.

To extend your C drive, I recommend you free AOMEI Partition Assistant. It offers you a feature called

Move Partition
    . With it, you can move unallocated space to the right adjacent to C drive. Aside by that, it offers you an easier way: extend c drive to unallocated space via Merge Partition. With this way, you do not need to move unallocated space. What's
    more, you can merge C drive with any unallocated space on the disk.

Ivy336289, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Ivy336289 Win User
    No disk space / memory for W10 update 1709

if your computer has extra unallocated space, you can try to extend c drive with the unallocated space.

in disk management, you are only allowed to use the right adjacent unallocated space to extend your c drive. so, if you want to extend
    c drive
    , you can use a professional partition manager like AOMEI Partition Assistant. in this software, you have various options, including Extend Partition Wizard, Move Partition and Resize Partition, Merge Partition. all of them can help you fix the
    low disk space warning.

Ivy336289, Jan 20, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Can't extend windows 10 partition into unallocated space

Try MiniTool Partition wizard. It is free.
    I used it several time when I was unable to "extend" the volume back to my main drive.
    Windows' own diskmanagement is no better than a ground-level app for partitions.

http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html

davidhk, Jan 20, 2016
  5. I literally just tried it and it worked!
    Thank you so much!!

theearlgrey, Jan 20, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

davidhk, Jan 20, 2016
  7. Yousuck Win User
    Wow, did you literally just buy it as well? The free software won't do anything at all. The "demo" software also won't do anything at all--especially what you were trying to do. Nice advertising though guys!

Yousuck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't extend windows 10 partition into unallocated space

1. Can't extend windows 10 partition into unallocated space - Similar Threads - Can't extend partition

2. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't extend C drive with unallocated space: I have a problem with extending the space on my C drive, I've already tried using Disk Management and I've also watched videos on Youtube. I noticed that the D drive and C drive were on the same disk on every video and that mine were on different drives. I feel like I've made...
  3. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't extend C drive with unallocated space: I have a problem with extending the space on my C drive, I've already tried using Disk Management and I've also watched videos on Youtube. I noticed that the D drive and C drive were on the same disk on every video and that mine were on different drives. I feel like I've made...
  4. Can't extend C drive with unallocated space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't extend C: drive partition while having unallocated space

Can't extend C: drive partition while having unallocated space: I'm not able to extend my C: drive even when I'm having 100 GB of unallocated space. Doing right click on C drive, extend partition option is grade out. Can anyone tell me how to proceed next ?...
  6. Can't extend C: drive partition while having unallocated space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't extend C: drive partition while having unallocated space: I'm not able to extend my C: drive even when I'm having 100 GB of unallocated space. Doing right click on C drive, extend partition option is grade out. Can anyone tell me how to proceed next ?...
  7. Can't extend C: drive partition while having unallocated space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Extend partition that is next to unallocated space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extend partition that is next to unallocated space: So I have a 250 GB D: drive 50 GB E: drive and I want to extend the E: drive. Problem is when I shrink the D: drive I cannot extend the E: drive since it comes after the unallocated space. The only way I see this possible is to make a partition F: copy all data from E: to F:...
  9. Windows 10 Disk Partition Unallocated Space

Windows 10 Disk Partition Unallocated Space: How do I get my unallocated space to the C drive. (see attached picture) I can't expand the C partition because its grayed out. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-disk-partition-unallocated-space/0fdfabb6-2221-4dcb-a4e0-bc2a51ce8917"
  10. Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition: I just cloned my 250 GB SSD to a 500 GB SSD and installed the 500 GB SSD into my laptop. There is about 228 GB that is unallocated. I want to extend the D partition to use all of this unallocated space (unless it's a good idea to leave some space unallocated)? I've...