Windows 10: Can't Find A Printer

Discus and support Can't Find A Printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a two printers installed on my home WiFi, yet when I 'search' for them neither show up, what am I doing wrong. I have a new laptop which doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mawil1013, May 17, 2016.

1. mawil1013 Win User

Can't Find A Printer

I have a two printers installed on my home WiFi, yet when I 'search' for them neither show up, what am I doing wrong. I have a new laptop which doesn't have a DVD/CD Drive to use the printer install disc so I need to figure this out.

:)

mawil1013, May 17, 2016

2. Printer

The printer works and is downloaded. I can find that under my Control Settings. Can't find the scanner which is all part of the printer, so why can't I find that part of the printer?

DarleneWinger, May 17, 2016
  3. TomErnest Win User
    Can't find printer

I was given an old HP Photosmart C5180 all-in-one printer. It's plugged into my compute and I downloaded the software and driver for it from HP's web site. The download showed no problems, successfully installed, and the printer works fine but when I
    try to add it in the control panel's devices and hardware it can't find it. Any ideas why? Tom the clueless

TomErnest, May 17, 2016
  4. mawil1013 Win User

Can't Find A Printer

Huh!? You suggestion doesn't seem related to my issue. Please explain.

mawil1013, May 17, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    I believe you meant my post which I had mistakenly posted to your thread.
    It was a careless mistake on my part.
    My reply was not meant for your. It was meant for this thread ............
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...-mail-app.html

I apologize.

davidhk, May 17, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    If you don't mind investing a very small sum for an external DVD drive.
    It is relatively inexpensive.

I bought one last year for an Iconia tablet. It was less than $40 Canadian.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Find A Printer

1. Can't Find A Printer - Similar Threads - Can't Find Printer

2. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  3. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  4. Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.: Can't find my printer and not even add a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer-and-not-even-add-a-printer/92eca057-8af2-4b2e-9d6d-d3d24e91036f
  5. Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.

Can't find my printer and not even add a printer.: Can't find my printer and not even add a printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer-and-not-even-add-a-printer/92eca057-8af2-4b2e-9d6d-d3d24e91036f
  6. Can't find my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my printer: I am trying to download a printer. Microsoft is not recognizing my sign in, but I am signed in already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer/67a0e7f2-a58f-407c-a9e8-e9efa6d24bc2
  7. Can't find my printer

Can't find my printer: I am trying to download a printer. Microsoft is not recognizing my sign in, but I am signed in already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer/67a0e7f2-a58f-407c-a9e8-e9efa6d24bc2
  8. Finds printer, but can't install it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Finds printer, but can't install it: Ever since 2004 Spring release which I just had installed a few weeks ago. It seems to detect my local network printer, but cannot install it. I tried to download the driver from HP web site which is pretty old for Windows 10. It is dated 2015 was the last update. I have...
  9. computer can't find printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer can't find printer: I deleted and reinstalled the HP printer driver. The computer and printer are on the same wireless network. The troubleshooting haven't given any useful solutions.Under PRINTERS AND DEVICES manage button I attempt to set printer device as default. I am getting an ERROR...
  10. Can't Find Printers and Faxes

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Find Printers and Faxes: Just came from Win 7 and am looking for my "Printers and Faxes" folder or its equivalent. Is there such a thing in W 10? If so, will someone point me to it? Thank you. 3362