Windows 10: Can't find correct icon IDs

Discus and support Can't find correct icon IDs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've checked their IDs with IconsExtract and Resource Hacker, but when I try to use icons from shell32.dll or imageres.dll (in the context menu via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Michael Win User

Can't find correct icon IDs

I've checked their IDs with IconsExtract and Resource Hacker, but when I try to use icons from shell32.dll or imageres.dll (in the context menu via regedit), the wrong icons get displayed.

For example, can anyone figure out how to get this icon to show up in the context menu:

Can't find correct icon IDs [​IMG]

Here's a .reg file for testing:
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Icon Test] "Icon"="%SystemRoot%\\system32\\shell32.dll,16801"[/quote]

:)

Michael, Mar 10, 2016
  2. Mads Høy Win User

Rebind windows shutdown button

I can't find anything that changes startup.

My windows is not in english so just to confirm, I go to the new windows 10 settings menu, the icon of a man and then into the key icon correct?

I can't find anything about startup changes and everything is off.

But Thanks for the reply

-

Mads Høy, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Sep DeNau Win User
    Where is my windows 10 product key?

you can find your product ID by clicking open "file explorer."(the little folder icon on the task bar) When the window opens up, find the "This PC" icon, right click then select "properties." At the bottom of the window is your very own "Product ID."
    Can't find correct icon IDs :)

Make no mistake though. a Product ID is "NOT" a Product Key.

Sep DeNau, Mar 10, 2016
  4. Michael Win User

I've figured out how to get in the ballpark. The icon numbers are (almost) chronologically numbered, so in IconsExtract, if you Shift+Home from the icon you're after and check the number of selected items at the bottom, that number, minus one (or a few) is your icon ID... Just in case anyone stumbles upon this lonely thread.

Michael, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't find correct icon IDs - Similar Threads - Can't find correct

2. i can't find the Bluetooth icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't find the Bluetooth icon: I run the Bluetooth troubleshooting but it didn't recognise the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-the-bluetooth-icon/063a7a99-3679-4661-8c94-e47b211e8566
  3. i can't find the Bluetooth icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't find the Bluetooth icon: I run the Bluetooth troubleshooting but it didn't recognise the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-the-bluetooth-icon/063a7a99-3679-4661-8c94-e47b211e8566
  4. Correct the icon for an Action Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Correct the icon for an Action Icon: I'm asking this question for a friend - Suddenly, all her Photoshop Elements Action .ATN files were replaced with the Internet Explorer Icon - 1. What would cause this to happen so she doesn't repeat this problem?2. How can she fix this problem? She has Windows 10 and...
  5. Correct the icon for an Action Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct the icon for an Action Icon: I'm asking this question for a friend - Suddenly, all her Photoshop Elements Action .ATN files were replaced with the Internet Explorer Icon - 1. What would cause this to happen so she doesn't repeat this problem?2. How can she fix this problem? She has Windows 10 and...
  6. Correct the icon for an Action Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't find my Computer ID for product activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't find my Computer ID for product activation: I have thoroughly searched both Seven and Ten forums, but can't find a post that describes how to find my workstation's "Computer ID" with success. It's homemade w ASUS Z9PE-D8WS dual socket mobo with Zeons and Windows 7 Ultimate x64. ((After trying numerous times, can't get...
  8. Can't find my Computer ID for product activation

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find my Computer ID for product activation: I have thoroughly searched both Seven and Ten forums, but can't find a post that describes how to find my workstation's "Computer ID" with success. It's homemade w ASUS Z9PE-D8WS dual socket mobo with Zeons and Windows 7 Ultimate x64. ((After trying numerous times, can't get...
  9. I can't find the correct graphics driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I can't find the correct graphics driver: Hi Please help I have upgraded my Lenovo Lenovo 330 81D7004UUK. I have put in a 750 GB ssd and loaded win eight. My driver according to my sytem info is AMD R5 but on the AMD site there are loads of different drivers I can't locate the one I need. Lenovo support when I got...
  10. HW ID Google can't find! driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HW ID Google can't find! driver?: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C24&SUBSYS_381917AA&REV_04 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C24&SUBSYS_381917AA PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C24&CC_118000 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C24&CC_1180 anyone help on this? 16486