Windows 10: Can't find my MP3 files

Discus and support Can't find my MP3 files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Probably asked by others but I haven't found exactly this issue: I installed Win 10. I have several hundred MP3's in my Win 7 "Music" folder, but in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XP Fan, Feb 9, 2016.

1. XP Fan Win User

Can't find my MP3 files

Probably asked by others but I haven't found exactly this issue: I installed Win 10. I have several hundred MP3's in my Win 7 "Music" folder, but in Win 10 I now see only a dozen or so. I rolled back 10 to 7; presto! there they are. Re-installed 10 and have the same issue: I cannot locate a folder full of my music. I can find any title I search for; just not all of them in one location.

Also, is there a good replacement app for Media Player? I am NOT going to set up a Microsnot ID just for their version.

:)

XP Fan, Feb 9, 2016
  2. ralluca Win User

gmail attchment

hello. I saw your discussion here. My attachment was downloaded, but then I don't know where to find it. It's a mp3 file and I can't find it in my music+video folder.

Thank you!

ralluca, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Bluetooth

Can't find received files via bluetooth on Lumia 525....video,mp3 files are not updating on music and video.....pls help..

anindyakhan, Feb 9, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Can't find my MP3 files

Quick suggestion.. set up; a secondary partition and move your MP3's there that way you will not lose them or have them hidden when you upgrade to 10.

Or best bet would be to get an external HDD for your mp3 and other data,,, assuming you can afford one.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 9, 2016
  5. XP Fan Win User
    Hadn't thought of that but it sounds worth a try. Thanks for your suggestion. And not that don't believe it will work but if anyone else has another idea I can try, I'd like to have a few options.

I do have an ext. hard drive I can use, but it annoys me that it should be necessary. Another thing I found out the hard way- not everything is saved when you switch to Win 10. I took the precaution of setting a restore point right before "upgrading" the first time. When I rolled back to 7, I found all my restore points had been wiped out. Just an FYI.

XP Fan, Feb 9, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
  7. You can still find WinAmp for audio files. I had been using Media Monkey for a while, too. There are quite a few good free audio players, and definitely not limited to the two I mentioned.

DeaconFrost, Feb 9, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Can't find my MP3 files

AIMP is a good one, also. Like Deacon and Wolfgang said... there are a number of good players (free) out there. AIMP has some neat plugins and is fun to play with.
    AIMP - Free Music Player

f14tomcat, Feb 9, 2016
  9. mrgeek Win User
    "I am NOT going to set up a Microsnot ID just for their version."
    When you upgraded to 10, didn't you have to use a MS account to log in with ? Back up your mp3's on an ext drive (you should have been doing all along. even on 7). When doing the upgrade, make sure that the 10 User account with the MS sign-in is the same as on Windows 7 and not a 7 Local account or diff MS account. If you don't see your mp3s, this time just copy the files from the ext to the Music folder. Done. And back any new music to the ext drive too !

mrgeek, Feb 10, 2016
  10. Trust_No1 Win User
    My suggestion, don't use Windows 10. problem solved *Wink

Trust_No1, Feb 10, 2016
  11. mrgeek Win User
    Brilliant *Rolleyes

mrgeek, Feb 10, 2016
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    *Ditto

f14tomcat, Feb 10, 2016
  13. Can't find my MP3 files

So you posted that on a forum dedicated to Windows 10?

DeaconFrost, Feb 10, 2016
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Don't feed the troll,, put him on ignore, like I did a while ago.

BunnyJ, Feb 10, 2016
  15. WHS
    whs Win User
    Where else would you find people with Windows 10 problems.

Thema:

Can't find my MP3 files

1. Can't find my MP3 files - Similar Threads - Can't find MP3

2. windows can't find my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows can't find my files: i booted up my computer after an update a few days ago and tried to open a text file on my desktop, it threw the error of "Windows cannot find path to file. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". if i try to open a photo and i get "path to photo no such...
  3. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

I can't change the tags of mp3 files.: Up to a point everything was fine, and then I suddenly couldn't change anything. I did a clean boot, but it didn't change anything, and then I installed Mp3tag, which let me edit the properties of the file but as a result the file became unplayable....
  4. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change the tags of mp3 files.: Up to a point everything was fine, and then I suddenly couldn't change anything. I did a clean boot, but it didn't change anything, and then I installed Mp3tag, which let me edit the properties of the file but as a result the file became unplayable....
  5. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Finding mp3 files that are too short

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding mp3 files that are too short: I have a rather large collection of mp3 files and when played some are incomplete and are thus only partial files.How can I list all mp3 file in a directory and it subdirectories and then sort by file size?I can get a list of all mp3 files using the Search Command in File...
  7. Can't find my files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find my files: I removed my ssd and gave it to someone so that they put files in my drive. So he used it as an external drive and sent files to the ssd. Now my C drive looks full but I can't find the files. I have searched on "This PC" I mean everywhere I even checked the hidden items box...
  8. Can't associate mp3 files with 64bit WMP?

Can't associate mp3 files with 64bit WMP?: Hello, For some reason, when I try to associate mp3 files with the 64bit edition of Windows Media Player (yes, I still use that) it makes explorer.exe hang and the change doesn't get applied. The method I use is right-clicking on a random mp3 file -> Properties and...
  9. Can't associate mp3 files with 64bit WMP?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't associate mp3 files with 64bit WMP?: Hello, For some reason, when I try to associate mp3 files with the 64bit edition of Windows Media Player (yes, I still use that) it makes explorer.exe hang and the change doesn't get applied.. The method I use is right-clicking on a random mp3 file -> Properties -> Open...
  10. can't opern file MP3 or MP4

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't opern file MP3 or MP4: [ATTACH] hey guys,today i downloaded a video and can't open it,normaly it would open with media player but now it can't,and it showing this message [ATTACH] can you guys help it to be back at normal??thank you...