Windows 10: Can't Find My Music

Discus and support Can't Find My Music in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Media Monkey on my PC. I am able to see the location of some of my music however when I navigate to the folder C:\Users\Stu\Music there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparker781, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Can't Find My Music

I am using Media Monkey on my PC. I am able to see the location of some of my music however when I navigate to the folder C:\Users\Stu\Music there is nothing there.

Anyone know what in sam hell is going on?

I am really beginning to hate Windows 10.

HELP

:)

sparker781, Aug 1, 2015

2. Cortana can't find my music

Oh my gosh this is driving me crazy. I used to use this feature constantly. Recently other thing have been happening, such as windows not even recognizing that I have a built in mic.

ketchupniner, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Cortana can't find my music

Thanks for your reply Dave.

I now see that this question applies to "Cortana for PC".

I dind't mention in my previous post but I'm trying this on my Lumia 650, where I don't have the "Music on this PC" option. I'll try searching/posting this topic on a different thread.

Răzvan Muntea, Aug 1, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Can't Find My Music

If you did an upgrade install look and see if you have a C:/Windows.old folder. Look in there.

essenbe, Aug 1, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Stuff like this, should of made a backup, if read tutorials told you to in case of before upgrade to backup all. Hopefully it should be in old folder.

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  6. It's not there....Ah well...I guess they're gone...I'll have to restore them from google play

Thanks anyways.

sparker781, Aug 1, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Always backup, a lesson learned, sorry went that way for you. download them again ?

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  8. BillyBob Win User

Can't Find My Music

Have you tried doing a search on your PC, I doubt very much that they're gone.

BillyBob, Aug 1, 2015
  9. essenbe Win User
    sorry you lost them Sparker781. I upgraded 4 computers so far and didn't lose anything. It shouldn't have happened . But, as we all know with computers, they have a mind of their own.

essenbe, Aug 1, 2015
  10. This is why for many years now I always maintain 4 separate drives. Windows, Games, Music and Basic Storage

MortTheBeast, Aug 1, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    4 drives inside PC or external ? Size of external drives these days, they sure can accompany all this on one drive (Games, music, basic storage and a windows image) , also might be o.k. have a second backup in case first one fails.

jds63, Aug 1, 2015
  12. Tonyb Win User
    It took me a while to find them but i found mine they are there look again i doubt they are gone.

Tonyb, Aug 1, 2015
  13. Can't Find My Music

Internal

Back in the day I use to run single drives with partitions and had a couple fail on me and lost everything... so just a habit now to have 4 x 500GB drives. Also nice in the event like a couple months back... had my primary fail and a week later a second one failed... so I had the other 2 to fall back on since I'm laid off work and no $$$ to replace them right now. Lasted me 7 yrs but I should have stuck with Western Digital and instead opted to try out Seagate Barracudas for the first time and these things have never ran all that well since day 1...

MortTheBeast, Aug 1, 2015
  14. sygnus21 Win User
    Do you still have the Windows.Old folder?

If so, you can still navigate it and see if the music files are there under C:\Users... The data should still be there if the folder hasn't been deleted.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Aug 1, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    o.k. i understand how you may like to do it, just wow, 4 drives internal. Rather have external make them up to 5TB now. Always have another external, put a system image on one. Like WD instead of Seagate. Well with luck you had at that time, few failures, when i used HDD rarely ever in my years had one fail, seems odd yes, just close to failure increasing bad sectors, then i knew to replace soon . Keep defragging to a minimum.

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't Find My Music

1. Can't Find My Music - Similar Threads - Can't Find Music

2. Find Music on Android

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find Music on Android: My apologies. I asked about my music files on a PC. I am using a phone and a tablet. Both are Android. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-music-on-android/1eef245b-8957-431f-bcc0-c9f4e5d0a117
  3. Find Music on Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find Music on Android: My apologies. I asked about my music files on a PC. I am using a phone and a tablet. Both are Android. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-music-on-android/1eef245b-8957-431f-bcc0-c9f4e5d0a117
  4. Find Music on Android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Access Music

Can't Access Music: File Manager shows no files in This PC/Music and does show all my music in OneDrive/Music in folders for each album, as it should. But Media Player shows only Library/Music with a single folder, "Unknown Album" with every single song in it, but not in folders albums. I cannot...
  6. Can't Access Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access Music: File Manager shows no files in This PC/Music and does show all my music in OneDrive/Music in folders for each album, as it should. But Media Player shows only Library/Music with a single folder, "Unknown Album" with every single song in it, but not in folders albums. I cannot...
  7. Can't Access Music

8. Can't play my music. Window media player duplicates all tittles, Groove can't find my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't play my music. Window media player duplicates all tittles, Groove can't find my...: In windows media player I see four copies of each song title. In the file folder, there is only one copy. I follow the steps to stop the service, delete the database from the app data subfolder, restart the service, and then add in the folder location to Windows Media...
  9. Can't find itunes music files

Can't find itunes music files: iTunes says that it cannot find my music files, and this is true for almost all of my music. I found where the music is actually located and also where iTunes is 'looking'. Those two places are, of course, different. There are 17 files that are in the correct location and I...
  10. why can't I find music recognition software for win10?

why can't I find music recognition software for win10?: It seems that all sorts of music recognition software is available for those blasted zombie phones, but there is nothing for windows 10 and Cortana's ability to recognize music has been discontinued. What's the story?...