Windows 10: Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

Discus and support Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, recently (after the November build release) I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update. After which, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by varxtis, Jan 28, 2016.

1. varxtis Win User

Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

So, recently (after the November build release) I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update. After which, it seemed, my home network was thrown out of wack. I immediately rolled/reverted/recovered to previous build. But now everything is out of wack. Most of the time I have to restart my computer just so it'll communicate with my printer to start printing. And restarting the computer is twice as long if it restarts at all. Most of the time It gets stuck in the "restart" progress animates (the rotating circles) and I have to press the restart button on the computer tower, with great regret and dread. Transferring files from one windows 10 device to another is a 50/50 hit or miss. I'm pissed. I'm not literate when it comes to networking and was super happy how everything was. But now, not only is my wifi home network out of wack, but my computer itself is wonky. I figure I might as well reinstall the newest build in hopes that it'll at least fix a fe of the problems. But anytime I check for updates, the newest build no longer shows up. Can someone please help?

:)

varxtis, Jan 28, 2016
  2. Pisklink Win User

Drive letters in explorer mixed up after new update (version 1511 / build 10568.3)

I rolled back to the previous build as well now (build 10240).

Everything seems to be in order again (see screenshot below).

Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build. [​IMG]

I'm going to try to update again now to the newest build to see what happens.

EDIT:

Tried to find the large update to version 1511 / build 10568.3 again with Windows update but it seems that it can't find the update anymore.

Anybody an idea how I can get Windows update to find the update to version 1511 / build 10568.3 again?

Pisklink, Jan 28, 2016
  3. If I Roll Back To Previous Build......???

The latest update 'Anniversary' is the last straw, don't get me started on the Start menu, the task bar or the hours spent trying to put settings back to the way they were before, enough is enough Microsoft!

So if I roll back to the previous build will it stay or will this rubbish update just get forced back on my pc against my will? Or is my only option to upgrade to Windows 7?

windows10iscrap, Jan 28, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build. - Similar Threads - Cant find newest

2. Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot: I've been receiving Windows Insider builds from the Beta channel for a few months now, and I'm having problems trying to install the latest one - 10.0.22581.100 ni_release.The update downloads successfully, completes the initial installation, successfully reboots, completes...
  3. Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot: I've been receiving Windows Insider builds from the Beta channel for a few months now, and I'm having problems trying to install the latest one - 10.0.22581.100 ni_release.The update downloads successfully, completes the initial installation, successfully reboots, completes...
  4. How can I roll back to the previous build?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I roll back to the previous build?: My laptop with somewhat good specs (Core i7, 8th gen, 8GB RAM, and a HDD) has been extremely slow since the update, it takes like 8 minutes to boot up, and then, like another 15 minutes to stop having 100% Disk usage (on Task Manager and Resource Monitor it says it's System...
  5. No option to roll back to previous build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option to roll back to previous build: After the last update, my Asus laptop can not connect to wifi or ethernet. When I troubleshoot, it says that it couldn't obtain DNS IP. I have in total 5 laptops here and 2 phones all connected fine on wifi. Anyone know where the roll back to previous build went? I have...
  6. Problems with going back to previous build.

Problems with going back to previous build.: I was stuck in an infinite repair loop of troubleshoot. Tried all options and the only one that worked was "go back to previous build" that was 10 hours ago. Still waiting with that message on the screen. Loaded windows 10 worked for 5 minutes then when I tried to execute an...
  7. Going back to a previous build

Going back to a previous build: I have a Intel Compute Stick that is running WIN 10 Preview Edition. I would like to go back to the previous install. There are 2 files for old Win10 Installs, windows.old & windows.old (1) When I started to reinstall it gave me a warning "You Must have the password for...
  8. Go back to previous build

Go back to previous build: Hi, I have the flashing screen that I can't do anything with, so i followed the instructions on how uninstall windows 10, which were great easy to read, but never got to question 6. Choose an account - I only got error message WDF_VIOLATION.. Than rebooted and back to the...
  9. Can only roll back to the last build

Can only roll back to the last build: I'm trying to roll back to the OEM Win 7 on this machine. On the setting page "Updates & security" the options under "recovery" did NOT include rolling back to Win 7. The only choice was to roll back to the previous build. I thought perhaps I would have to work my way back to...
  10. Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build: SOLVED: I 'reset' my PC. Seems to have fixed the problem. -- Last night my Windows 10 Pro PC updated to a newer version. The OS Build is currently at 10586.589. Immediately after updating, the PC starts to completely lock up within two mins of it booting up. It happens...