Windows 10: can't find Sign in with a local account instead

Discus and support can't find Sign in with a local account instead in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I upgraded my machine windows 8 to windows 10 last month. Using Local Account "Administrator" but few days back i entered my MS... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by manoj84, May 24, 2016.

1. manoj84 Win User

can't find Sign in with a local account instead

Hello Everyone,

I upgraded my machine windows 8 to windows 10 last month. Using Local Account "Administrator" but few days back i entered my MS account to use store after that it asking me login to machine with MS Account not local account. And i cant find the option of "Sign in with a local account instead" (Screen shot attached).

can't find Sign in with a local account instead [​IMG]

Please ignore the grammar *Sad

:)

manoj84, May 24, 2016

2. Sign in with a local account instead

Hi,

If the option to sign in with a local account is missing, we can simply create a new local user account. For the steps on how to create a new local user account, please refer to this

link

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, May 24, 2016
  3. PjCountry Win User
    Sign in with a local account instead

It's irritating that I have to log in to my own laptop with a Microsoft password and I want to turn it off.

My problem is every answer to this question tells me to go to Accounts > Email and Accounts > Sign in with a local account instead.
    My problem with that is... all of this help info seems to be old because
    this is what my menu looks like and I don't have that option. Help?!?!?

can't find Sign in with a local account instead [​IMG]

PjCountry, May 24, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi manoj84 and welcome to Tenforms.

See if this helps you:
    Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, May 25, 2016
Thema:

1. can't find Sign in with a local account instead - Similar Threads - can't find Sign

2. Can't find Local Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Local Account: Set up a new PC with Windows 11.Microsoft Account "xxxxx xxxxxxxx".Local Account with administration privilege "Admin".Local Account with standard privilege "Dave".Next day only xxxxx xxxxxxxx and Admin choices on log in window.Directory structures present for both Admin and...
  3. Not able to "Sign in with local account instead"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to "Sign in with local account instead": Alright, so my Microsoft account recently got hacked and the hacked microsoft account is currently signed in as my Info and has the Administrator. Since I'm not login to that account, I'm not able to delete some files on my desktop. Anyone know how to resolve this issue? Pin...
  4. Not able to "Sign in with local account instead"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to "Sign in with local account instead": Alright, so my Microsoft account recently got hacked and the hacked microsoft account is currently signed in as my Info and has the Administrator. Since I'm not login to that account, I'm not able to delete some files on my desktop. Anyone know how to resolve this issue? Pin...
  5. Not able to "Sign in with local account instead"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "sign in with a local account instead" is missing: Hello,My local Windows 10 administrator account got linked accidentally to my son's Windows account when he logged into Microsoft store with his Microsoft account, using my local account. Since then I am not able to unlink his MS account from my local account. I am missing...
  7. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "sign in with a local account instead" is missing: Hello,My local Windows 10 administrator account got linked accidentally to my son's Windows account when he logged into Microsoft store with his Microsoft account, using my local account. Since then I am not able to unlink his MS account from my local account. I am missing...
  8. "sign in with a local account instead" is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10: Can't sign in with Microsoft Account instead of Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Can't sign in with Microsoft Account instead of Local Account: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop. When trying to "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" of a Local Account, I get this error: Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again. I did get an error code on the first few dozens...
  10. "sign in with a local account instead" missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    "sign in with a local account instead" missing: I have a major issue. I signed in to my Xbox account on my Windows 10 laptop in an attempt to allow my son to play games through it. This linked his Microsoft account to my Windows 10 system as the administrator. Because my son is 8 years old I now have to accept permissions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local account option missing on my new laptop