Windows 10: Can't find solutions - Taskbar & Desktop problems - they're unique!!

Discus and support Can't find solutions - Taskbar & Desktop problems - they're unique!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Taskbar un-hides without me moving the mouse - or even touching the computer. Then, it usually quickly hides again. The icons on the far right of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Nisko Win User

Can't find solutions - Taskbar & Desktop problems - they're unique!!

My Taskbar un-hides without me moving the mouse - or even touching the computer. Then, it usually quickly hides again. The icons on the far right of the Taskbar sometimes take over 20 seconds to appear - and that's after the computer has been running for awhile. Then, my Desktop will suddenly disappear momentarily - then come back. I ran System File Checker and it found problems. Before I upgraded from Windows 7, sfc was fine - no problems. I thought if I did a repair install of Windows 10, it might correct these problems - but I can't figure out how to do it. I made a couple of copies of the Windows 10 ISO - but that's only for a clean install. I've Googled for a solution with no luck. Can you advise me what else I can do? Thanks...........

:)

Nisko, Jul 28, 2016

2. Windows won't keep my background. I want my laptop to have one background and my desktop to have a different one.

Hello,

this is a relatively simple problem but I can't find a solution for it. Basically, I have a desktop and a laptop, of which I want to have their own unique backgrounds, but whenever I change the background on one it changes it on the other. I want my laptop
    to have one background and my desktop to have a different one.

N'yoma Diamond, Jul 28, 2016
  3. W10 taskbar icons too small

Kiran:

I'm not sure why you don't understand what everyone is saying. The fact is that Windows 10, which I just upgraded to, made my taskbar icons much much smaller than Windows 7. The icons used to be about the size of the desktop icons, and as you can see from
    the screenshot Ian posted, they're now much smaller, like the others, my "Use small taskbar buttons" is NOT checked. When I check that, they go from very small to microscopic. Then unchecking it goes from microscopic to very small again - definitely not
    the size of the desktop icons like they used to be. Sure, I can increase the font size to 125% but then
    everything is made bigger, and the desktop icons are too big and the taskbar icons get bigger but they are not as big as they used to be in Windows 7 and they're still smaller than the desktop icons. Why can't we be able to make the taskbar icons
    only bigger, like they used to be??? Can we do that if we activate "God mode"?

MarkHayworth, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

Can't find solutions - Taskbar & Desktop problems - they're unique!!

1. Can't find solutions - Taskbar & Desktop problems - they're unique!! - Similar Threads - Can't find solutions

2. Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000: My PC can't upgrade to windows 10, what might be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-a-solution-to-the-0x80072f8f-0x20000/dbae7047-79aa-4abc-a57d-d29e48c1d44d
  3. Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000: My PC can't upgrade to windows 10, what might be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-a-solution-to-the-0x80072f8f-0x20000/dbae7047-79aa-4abc-a57d-d29e48c1d44d
  4. Oddly specific updating problem I can't find solutions for.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oddly specific updating problem I can't find solutions for.: Hi, I'm running a windows 1909(OSB:18363.900). Last summer in 2020 I had a disk fail and it broke my boot process, in an attempt to recover anything possible I repaired my bootloader through a command prompt process. After this happened I have not been able to update Windows...
  5. Unique Problem No Fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Unique Problem No Fix: Ive been facing an issue in Windows 10 for quite a few months now. I never noticed the issue before but now its more frequent depending on the application I open. When opening certain applications the system appears to be bogged down as if it hangs or has some sort of slow...
  6. Unique Problem No Fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unique Problem No Fix: Hello All, I’ve been facing an issue in Windows 10 for quite a few months now. I never noticed the issue before but now it’s more frequent depending on the application I open. When opening certain applications the system appears to be “bogged down” as if it “hangs” or...
  7. Graphical Errors Can't Find a Solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical Errors Can't Find a Solution: I've been having this error for more than a year now, it didn't phase me much at first as i thought it was just a minor bug, but it is getting worse. Some colors change with a static-like look, and i have no idea what i can do to resolve this. [IMG]...
  8. Audio Unique Problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Unique Problem.: I have a weird problem that hasn't been recalled before. Basically one day after a Windows 10 Update I found out that my speakers weren't working, so I installed an earlier version, and that was it. Then I get an update again a few days ago, and this time everything seemed...
  9. Desktop files missing.... But they're not?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop files missing.... But they're not?: [IMG] I press OK, and then attempt to sign up in the same account, again - this time the error doesn't appear again, oddly, but it's replaced by this - https://youtu.be/xlT4YkhfUjs No desktop icons except the Recycle Bin, the fonts are odd and the mouse cursor is that of...
  10. Unique Issue in need of unique solution regarding Desktop Icons!

in Windows 10 Support
    Unique Issue in need of unique solution regarding Desktop Icons!: So I recently had to switch my SSD's and clean install Windows 10 because I was unable to boot period (It freezes on the bios splash, and can't even get to bios when this SSD is connected) on my first SSD. I've given up completely on trying to recover that SSD, I've tried...