Windows 10: Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

Discus and support Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by beau, Jun 8, 2016.

1. beau Win User

Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera.

But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices.

Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager [​IMG]

Where in Win10 can I enable and disable webcams?

:)

beau, Jun 8, 2016
  2. Simon0092 Win User

Webcam not working; Error code appears. Windows help article doesn't work either!

My laptop updates 3 days back and i clicked on the webcam app first time since then. An error code appears and they can't 'find' my webcam.

I looked at the article online on mircosoft site where they say under Device Manager look for your webcam. BUT I CAN'T find the webcam under imaging devices or sound manager etc...

What do I d? Restarting doesn't work either.

Simon0092, Jun 8, 2016
  3. my device manager can't find my webcam

my device manager can't find my webcam

think i've followed all suggestions so far, but can't find

this is a new computer with built in windows 10

Original Title: webcam not working

kevinreynols, Jun 8, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Yes, win 10 has imaging devices, when it detects them, which is your issue and why it's not showing up there.

If USB cam is plugged in and no entry, either install the cam's software and retry, or it may not be compatible with 10.

RWOne, Jun 8, 2016
  5. beau Win User
    <<win 10 has imaging devices, when it detects them, which is your issue and why it's not showing up there.>>
    Aha! Solved!
    Thanks*Smile

beau, Jun 8, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    You're welcome. Please mark the thread as solved for the gang ... *Smile

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Can't Find WebCam

2. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  3. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  4. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The Webcam Driver Is Not There In The Device Manager.

The Webcam Driver Is Not There In The Device Manager.: Hello,My webcam does not work. It is not there in the device manager. I suppose it would only work if the driver is available in my pc. But it wasn't always so. I've already tried the "View Optional Updates" solution. There is no optional update at all. None of the...
  6. I Can't find my integrated webcam in device manager

I Can't find my integrated webcam in device manager: My Integrated Webcam stopped working one day... I tried everything , like uninstalling the camera driver and scan for hardware changes to reinstall it.. but it never came , i tried many youtube tutorials as well to use Command Prompt but still i couldn't find it in Device...
  7. Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager: I found out my laptop's integrated webcam was not working last day. On checking I saw that the Camera option was missing in device manager. I changed the camera app settings, did sfc/ SCANNOW, did software updates for windows, and tried almost everything else I saw while...
  8. No webcam in device manager

No webcam in device manager: Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download. For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device...
  9. Webcam - Imaging device not listed in Device Manager

Webcam - Imaging device not listed in Device Manager: I have tried repeatedly but unsuccessfully to get the webcam to work. I have been advised to go to device manager and click on camera or imaging device. But neither camera nor imaging device are listed in the device manager. I likewise tried other routes-device...
  10. Can't find this teredo adapter in Device Manager

Can't find this teredo adapter in Device Manager: [ATTACH] It doesn't show in device mangaer under network adaptations, It doesn't show under "add legacy hardware" Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-this-teredo-adapter-in-device-manager/7c503da2-8a47-4696-ace1-e242ef5001ab

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find webcam in device manager

2. imaging devices missing windows 10

3. device manager cant find webcam

4. cant see camera in device manager,
  5. device manager camera,
  6. find webcam in device manager,
  7. cannot find camera in device manager,
  8. cannot find webcam under device manager,
  9. cant find integrated webcam in device manager windows,
  10. cant find camera in device manager,
  11. cant find camera device manager,