Windows 10: Can't find where to enable VT-x in BIOS

Discus and support Can't find where to enable VT-x in BIOS in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; When I try to download Android Studios this pops up: [img] So when I went to the BIOS to enable it, there was no setting there for it. I am running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by prtzr23, Jan 4, 2016.

1. prtzr23 Win User

Can't find where to enable VT-x in BIOS

When I try to download Android Studios this pops up:
    Can't find where to enable VT-x in BIOS [​IMG]

So when I went to the BIOS to enable it, there was no setting there for it. I am running Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 5755G - 6823 with an Intel i5 - 2430M @2.4GHz. I even downloaded the Intel(R) Processor Identification Utility app and it says that it's supported on my device. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

:)

prtzr23, Jan 4, 2016

2. Cannot find the option to enable intel vt-x in Windows 10

I can't find the option to enable intel vt-x in the BIOS either...

Please help! <3

benjaminulfhake, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Gianni1962, Jan 4, 2016
  4. hiphopper Win User

It's possible it has some other name on your BIOS, like "Virtualization Technology" or "Intel Virtualization Feature". It's usually under the CPU or maybe even Motherboard settings.

hiphopper, Jan 6, 2016
  5. prtzr23 Win User
    I've looked multiple times and there aren't any settings about virtualization

prtzr23, Jan 6, 2016
  6. b1rd Win User
    Hey prtzr23-

Per a guy on YouTube, you might need to "Flash a modified BIOS to your Acer Aspire 5742G to unlock the options that enable Intel Virtualization Technology on the i5 Processor."

This is only posted FYI, as it seems a bit risky. See HERE.

7. dalchina New Member
    The VT-x setting is in e.g. Virtualbox or whatever you're using. In VirtualBox it's under Settings, System, Acceleration... but will not be accessible until you enable Virtualisation technologies in your BIOS or UEFI

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't find where to enable VT-x in BIOS - Similar Threads - Can't find where

2. VirtualBox is saying that VT-x is not available, but it is?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VirtualBox is saying that VT-x is not available, but it is?: So this is my first thread on this site! :3 Nice to meet you all. :) I'm a Linux user who's started to come back to Windows to learn more about it (I need to, if I truly call myself a Geek). So, a bit of context. VirtualBox works just fine under Linux (Ubuntu), with VT-x,...
  3. how to activate VT-x technology in bios?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to activate VT-x technology in bios?: i got into bios but the thing im looking for isnt there (activation of VT-x technology) and yes my pc supports it. (SMBIOS version: 2.7) (bios mode: legacy) (bios version/date: K01 2.05)...
  4. How to find if your computer supports Intel VT-X or AMD-V in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to find if your computer supports Intel VT-X or AMD-V in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are planning to use Virtualization in Windows 10 (Sandbox or Hyper-V), the computer should support it on the hardware level. Most of the new computers have this feature, but then there are two types — Intel VT-X and [...] This post How to find if your...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - VT not enabled but it's in BIOS

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - VT not enabled but it's in BIOS: Greetings, A. It looks like Windows 10 Pro latest updates broke VT - Virtual Technology in Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.175], running 1903. B. Before I go further explaining my issues, this did NOT happened in 1809 version of Windows 10 Pro 64Bit. I have Dell XPS...
  6. enable vt in windows 10 pro

enable vt in windows 10 pro: how to enable vt in boot mode.. I got it in the windows features area.. iam lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-vt-in-windows-10-pro/3f114517-a692-40f2-b280-51a78da505b7
  7. Wifi turns off on startup after enabling virtualization and vt-d in bios

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turns off on startup after enabling virtualization and vt-d in bios: I installed virtualbox and needed to enable virtualisation and vt-d option in bios. After that wifi keeps turning off on startup and have to find a different solution every time I boot my PC on. Here are the solutions that I've gone through. 1. untick hyper-v hypervior...
  8. Where do I find my BIOS setting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where do I find my BIOS setting?: Where do I find my BIOS setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-my-bios-setting/d3de7538-ea5b-48ce-814c-a391625175c3
  9. What is intel vt d in bios and do I have to enable that as well?

What is intel vt d in bios and do I have to enable that as well?: Inching closer to experimenting with a virtual machine using Hyper V and while I have virtualization enabled in the bios the second entry is not. Does intel vt d in the bios need to be enabled as well? TIA. [img] https://www.google.com/search?q=what...hrome&ie=UTF-8 112764
  10. Intel VT-x Enable?

Intel VT-x Enable?: I need to enable Intel VT-x in order to run VMWare on my laptop. I cannot find where to enable it in my BIOS and I was wondering if there is any alternate way I can turn it on. I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad W540 and it is running on Windows 10. [img] 34765

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can`t found vt-x in bios