Windows 10: cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607)

Discus and support cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; my laptop has been trying for many times for the anniversary update of win 10, but i always stuck at the 30%, and the laptop just crush there and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by clb, Mar 25, 2017.

1. CLB
    clb Win User

cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607)

my laptop has been trying for many times for the anniversary update of win 10,
    but i always stuck at the 30%, and the laptop just crush there and remain 30% for all time.
    I have tried to reset the computer but still fail.

What can I do???

:)

2. Win 10 update will not finish - several attempts over 5 days

My Win 10 update never finished and stalls..over and over again.

Currently on Win 10 1607

LarryHall1, Mar 25, 2017
  3. Dani Pun Win User
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x8000ffff

Finish the installation and let us know if you get the same error code after your upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607.

Dani Pun, Mar 25, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

How are you doing the update?

If you are doing it through Windows Update, I suggest using the Media Creation Tool do download the .ISO. Mount the .ISO (Win 10 can do that), and run the update from that.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

It may not work better, but at least you'll only download the .ISO once. You'll still have it if there is something that you need to fix before the update will complete.

You may ultimately have to do a clean install. It's a fair bit of work, and requires you to re-install all of your programs.

Clean Install Windows 10

If you have to do that, I recommend waiting a few weeks until Win 10 1703 (Creator's edition) is released.

bobkn, Mar 25, 2017
  5. CLB
    clb Win User
    Thank you for replying to me.
    I have tried to download the iso through the media creation tool but still stuck at 30%.

6. mrgeek Win User
    You don't need media creation tool or usb if you can log in to Windows. Use the below tutorial, look at Step 2 and follow Step 4, using this download link for Step 4A - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 and 'Update now' button. All the screens you can expect after setup.exe are pictured. Recommend NOT downloading and install updates in Step 8 to speed things up and in case there's a faulty driver update. Good Luck

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

This link will show you how to get ISO Only via browser of your choice w/o MS assistant or tools-
    Download official Windows 10 (ISO file) without Media Creation Tool • PUREinfoTech

mrgeek, Mar 25, 2017
  7. Jen812 Win User
    Hey @clb,

what you could do - is delete the windows 10 update fodler ( where it downloads all the updates) "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution" delete everything in there - and hard turn off your machine. Reboot and try the update.

I've had a few update problems and that's what fixed my issues.

Thanks

Jen812, Mar 27, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

If any third party security software installed, it can cause errors. The ISO is just a standard download. Have you tried turning off and back on your gateway to reboot. Are you using wifi or ethernet? What is the manufacture and model of the computer or motherboard if you built the system. What web browser are you using?

bro67, Mar 27, 2017
  9. CLB
    clb Win User
    using media creation tool still stuck at 30% and cannot finish

cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607) [​IMG]

it says that it cant finish because when beginning first boot stage, there is an error occurring.
    Can anyone help?

10. bro67 Win User
    Stop using the Media Creation Tool. Go to Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) and download the ISO, then burn to a DVD, reboot and start the image from the menu for a Clean Install. Something on your computer or your gateway is causing your computer to time out on the connection.

bro67, Mar 30, 2017
  11. CLB
    clb Win User
    I have tried this as well but still stuck as 30% and cannot finish

12. bro67 Win User
    Can you use another computer to download the ISO. Any network security is disabled and you are downloading the iso, not the upgrade tool.

Because it is stopping on your computer, that is why I think that either your computer has the network adapter to put machine to sleep, which can be disabled in Device Manager. Also make sure in System Settings for Updates, that you do not have the computer set to try and pull from other computers

Did not mean to be harsh in my last post, just want to make sure that if you can download the iso on say Chrome or Firefox, we can try to determine where the stalling issue is.

bro67, Mar 31, 2017
  13. CLB
    clb Win User

Thank you bro
    My win 10 version is 10240, does it matter?

14. NavyLCDR New Member
    Your current Windows 10 installation is corrupt and that is stopping it from upgrading to any update past the original Windows 10 which you have now that is already two major upgrades behind. If you want to get up to date you likely are going to have to wipe your Windows 10 and do a clean install.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607) - Similar Threads - cant finish anniversary

2. Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607: I have a lot of Dell Latitude 10 ST2 tablets that were just donated to the thrift store. They came with Windows 8.0 and I want to update then to Windows 10. Unfortunately they have the Intel Atom Clover Trail processor which Microsoft no longer supports after the Anniversary...
  3. Win 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Anniversary update: My Laptop, running Win10 Pro 64-bit, updated yesterday, and I am now on this version. Is this the latest? i.e. the MS Anniversary update? [img] 58665
  4. Anniversary Update 1607 Mandatory/Necessary ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update 1607 Mandatory/Necessary ?: I did a clean install of 1607 on a separate partition and encountered wifi and graphic issues. Unsuccessful searched for appropriate drivers which may be found with further searching. However, my 3 year old Toshiba is running great on build 1511. Updates to 1511 were...
  5. Win 10 Anniversary 1607 update - Infinite Reboot Loop - HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Anniversary 1607 update - Infinite Reboot Loop - HELP!!!: Hi Guys, the update didn't go well for me *cry The download and the installation completed smoothly (used Win 10 update tool in Settings). However shortly after it finished installing>reboot>login screen it goes into BSOD screen with an error (I could not remember what the...
  6. Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update: Hello *Smile I just installed Windows 10 AU and now my loved Font is messed up. But only some letters. Anyone knows why and how to get all letters back? That Problem is system-wide. How to fix? Screenshot: Before: [img] After Win10 Update: [img] You can...
  7. Not enough space for anniversary update (1607)

Not enough space for anniversary update (1607): Hello, I am the owner of a small laptop, an Acer Switch 10, which only have 32GB of SSD memory inside. I also have a microSD *always* in of 128GB, and a normal 500GB HDD on the keyboard, if plugged, of course. The internal memory has 6GB free right now, and I can't free...
  8. From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?

From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?: I would like to have everyone's feedback here. Currently, I am running Win10 1607 (AU) and would like to soon upgrade to the Win10 Creative Edition. Should I perform a Clean install from the 1607 to the Creative Edition or just do an upgrade through the Windows Update?...
  9. Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise ISO Anniversary Update 1607

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise ISO Anniversary Update 1607: Hi guys, does anyone know have a link to get Windows 10 Enterprise ISO Anniversary Update 1607 (preferably EN-GB). 79792
  10. Solved - Win 10 Anniversary Update 1607 - The Worst Ever?

in Windows 10 Support
    Solved - Win 10 Anniversary Update 1607 - The Worst Ever?: This one has to be the worst of them all. It has taken us back to '90s era when we had to do such stupid things such as take out USBs while installation, install drivers and do backups and all that stuff. Few days back i decided to install the Annversary Update ie. 1607...