Windows 10: Can't format an RW DVD with music files on it

Discus and support Can't format an RW DVD with music files on it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!I need help with the dvd formating.I use Windows 10 21H2.I have tried diskpart, changing regedit and even trying to format it with ImgBurn and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Guesty Kallari, May 22, 2024.

1. Can't format an RW DVD with music files on it

Hello!I need help with the dvd formating.I use Windows 10 21H2.I have tried diskpart, changing regedit and even trying to format it with ImgBurn and AnyBurn.I wanna add my music on the disk but i cant format it.Can anyone please help?Thanks!

:)

Guesty Kallari, May 22, 2024

2. Can't Format Dvd-RW? (Windows 10)

Hi Hayden,

In order for us to properly address your issue with formatting a DVD-R/RW disc, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Are you getting any error messages when formatting a DVD-R/RW disc?If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Have you tried formatting a DVD-R/RW disc to other DVD-R/RW drive?
    • Have you tried inserting other disc like DVD movies or mp3 disc to check if the DVD-R/RW drive is working?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, May 22, 2024
  3. formatting dvd wondows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to inform that only a Rewritable DVD can be formatted. To format a DVD/RW, follow the steps below:

• Insert the DVD/RW in the DVD drive.
    • Open This PC (Windows key + E).
    • Right click on the DVD drive and select Format.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 22, 2024
  4. Ed_336 Win User

Can't format an RW DVD with music files on it

DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc

My DVD RW Drive E does not recognize a formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc that I am trying to burn.

Any suggestions?

Ed_336, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Can't format an RW DVD with music files on it

1. Can't format an RW DVD with music files on it - Similar Threads - Can't format DVD

2. Can't format an RW DVD with music files on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't format an RW DVD with music files on it: Hello!I need help with the dvd formating.I use Windows 10 21H2.I have tried diskpart, changing regedit and even trying to format it with ImgBurn and AnyBurn.I wanna add my music on the disk but i cant format it.Can anyone please help?Thanks!...
  3. Can't format an RW DVD with music files on it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't format an RW DVD with music files on it: Hello!I need help with the dvd formating.I use Windows 10 21H2.I have tried diskpart, changing regedit and even trying to format it with ImgBurn and AnyBurn.I wanna add my music on the disk but i cant format it.Can anyone please help?Thanks!...
  4. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  5. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.: So, i have this dvd±rw drive which doesnt work with my dvd-rw disc. It has worked previously with the same disc, however now it doesnt work. I have confirmed this disc does work on different drives, however it isnt working on this one drive. It is a Memorex mrx-650le v1. I...
  6. DVD-RW not working in DVD±RW drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Format DVD Rw

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Format DVD Rw: i accidentally close session of the DVD of 8GB of DVD disk i want to format that disk in order to replace the files but i cant format that disk like before and how can i do that...
  8. How to format and erase a DVD RW ?

How to format and erase a DVD RW ?: i have tried every possible way, does someone have a clue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-and-erase-a-dvd-rw/2bfa74df-b4bc-45c5-a0cf-5893b362046e
  9. how to format dvd rw

how to format dvd rw: how to format dvd-rw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-dvd-rw/b8169dbb-e032-48ca-8efc-429dadd2acf4
  10. Write Protected DVD-RW, can't format

Write Protected DVD-RW, can't format: DVD-RW are re-writable correct? I tired to format it and it said i couldn't because of write protection is there any way i can remove the write protection on it? 26002