Windows 10: Can't fully uninstall program

Discus and support Can't fully uninstall program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a program that was giving me trouble, I tried to uninstall it from the control panel and also from settings/system/apps & features. It will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dach162, Feb 28, 2017.

1. dach162 Win User

Can't fully uninstall program

I had a program that was giving me trouble, I tried to uninstall it from the control panel and also from settings/system/apps & features. It will not uninstall fully. The program has 486M for size but 66M is still in someplace. Trying to uninstall only goes halfway on the progress screen then that screen disappears. The only place it can be found is in uninstalling programs in the control panel and . in settings, apps & features. I can't find it anywhere else in the hard drive. I even tried to find it VIA the command prompt. Asking Cortina still gets me nowhere. If I could just find it on the hard drive, I would just delete it. I think it has something to do with a driver. When asking for more details before saying "yes" this is what I get:
    C\progra~2\common~1\instal~1\driver\7\intel3-1\|driver.exe"/ I can get as far as the "driver\7\intel" but that's it. Any ideas? The name of the program is ULEAD Photoimpact 8. I know it's old but I'm used to it and I like it. I can't put it back in until I get the remainder out.
    Dave

:)

dach162, Feb 28, 2017
  2. John Sarc Win User

Program will not fully uninstall

Hi,

To fully understand the issue you're experiencing, we would like to know the program that you're uninstalling. Have you made any modifications/configurations on your computer prior to the issue? Also, send us the screenshot of the exact error message you're
    getting.

Regards.

John Sarc, Feb 28, 2017
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Program will not fully uninstall

One possible reason why you can't uninstall this program is because it's still running. You can have it stopped first (from running) before uninstalling. See the steps below on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key and type in "task manager"
    • Click on Task Manager and go to the Processes tab.
    • Look for the app you want to uninstall. Right-click on it and tick on
      End task
    • After doing this so, try to uninstall the app.

Let us know the outcome of this suggestion.

John Sarc, Feb 28, 2017
  4. Winuser Win User

The name of the program may help us to help you.

Winuser, Feb 28, 2017
  5. Winuser Win User
    Have you tried reinstalling in compatibility mode?

Winuser, Mar 1, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    It's the OP now (maybe added as an edit)

Bree, Mar 1, 2017
  7. Winuser Win User
    I didn't see any program name when I first read the post. That must have been added when they did the edit.

Winuser, Mar 1, 2017
  8. dach162 Win User

Winuser: Yes, I added the program name after you mentioned it. I tried compatibility mode and that didn't work. What I managed to do was to go through all programs on the drive looking for anything with photoimpact in it. I found one, copied it to the desktop in a new folder, deleted it and tried to reinstall the program. It went in. Not perfectly but in nevertheless. Tried to uninstall it hoping it would completely remove so I could do a clean install but it now won't uninstall at all VIA control panel, settings and also not through System Mechanic which I have. It just doesn't want to leave me for some reason. I'll keep playing with it for a few weeks and if I get it all out and back in, I'll post it.

dach162, Mar 2, 2017
  9. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Mar 2, 2017
  10. renadoo00 Win User
    renadoo00, Mar 2, 2017
  11. Steve C Win User
    Another trick is to install the program again incompatibility mode then uninstall it.

Steve C, Mar 3, 2017
  12. dach162 Win User
    Tried the Revo uninstaller and it worked great. Was able to put the program back in after and that now works just fine. Thanks for the suggestions.

dach162, Mar 13, 2017
  13. Winuser Win User

Your Welcome!*Smile

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't fully uninstall program - Similar Threads - Can't fully uninstall

2. Can't uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall a program: I see this every time I try to uninstall a program on windows, how do I fix this? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-a-program/8fec66db-f709-4dff-b41a-bbff2e404d84
  3. how to fully uninstall a program

how to fully uninstall a program: I have installed Forza horizon 4 from Microsoft store, as it's not running well on my laptop i have uninstalled it but when i installed my storage usage was 54.i have uninstalled now but its still at 93 gb.It must be stored in restore point.is there any way to fully...
  4. Can't uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uninstall programs: My computer was incredibly slow, so I uninstalled a bunch of programs. Just games and such - nothing system-essential to my knowledge. It actually did the trick, my computer is not operating at normal speed. However, somewhere in the process, I lost the ability to do further...
  5. Can't fully uninstall games.

Can't fully uninstall games.: I have 3 or 4 games totaling over 200GB on my SSD that I have uninstalled through the control panel. They no longer show up under the xbox app, no longer under my apps/programs, no longer in the windows store, does not show up while using PowerShell as an administrator but...
  6. Can't Uninstall a program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Uninstall a program.: Hi I installed Solarwinds SCP Server and have decided it's not for me. I've gone into Control Panel / Uninstall or Change a program and selected it to Uninstall. After a couple of seconds I get a screen with a red background saying 'This app has been blocked for your...
  7. can't uninstall program

can't uninstall program: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/vybqdetgfya61.jpg?width=535&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=809a050413789fee7ef8c1a406a90983c3b64578 gives me this message every time, i don't even know where this program came from submitted by /u/bleachboyvevo [link] [comments]...
  8. I can't fully uninstall this app

I can't fully uninstall this app: I was recently having problems with nordvpn so I decided to install and uninstall again to see if it would fix the problem.I couldn't understand all that so I killed all of the processes related to nordvpn and then I was able to uninstall. when I tried to download it again it...
  9. Can't uninstall a program

Can't uninstall a program: I had downloaded and installed DAZ 3D 4.10 64 bit, and Hexigon 2.52, but they don't work well on my PC and I wanted to uninstall, I can't find them in my program files. I was able to uninstall their installer, but the apps are still on my PC and I can't find the files to...
  10. Can't uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uninstall a program: I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10, but it told me I need to uninstall Buffalo TurboPC EX Series. I looked in the uninstall a program screen, and couldn't find it. Is there a way to uninstall it? 19575