Windows 10: Cant get 2nd hard drive working

Discus and support Cant get 2nd hard drive working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello again, So not super long ago, I got my self a 1 TB hard drive to replace my 300 GB. Now that 1 TB is SATA, and my 300 GB is IDE. Now I got my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Afees98, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Afees98 Win User

Cant get 2nd hard drive working

Hello again,

So not super long ago, I got my self a 1 TB hard drive to replace my 300 GB. Now that 1 TB is SATA, and my 300 GB is IDE. Now I got my 1 TB working as my main drive with windows, But I cant get my 300 GB IDE drive working now as a 2nd drive. (I use to use that 300 GB as my main but that wasnt big enough so I upgraded) Now the motherboard that I have is "BIOSTAR Group N61PB-M2S (Socket AM2 )" And I know what you may say, Yes its a very old motherboard. I had this computer for 5 or 6 years and this is a custom built PC. And This is running windows 10, (And yes I am a PC gamer and this is the computer I use to game on, which does really good still.)

But anyway, Please help me get this 300 GB hard drive working as the 2nd drive.
    Also if you want better contact with me and we can work something out.

Thanks,

:)

Afees98, Jul 25, 2016
  2. slance310 Win User

"Clean Install" Windows 10

Hi,

It will be fine on a second hard drive... provided it is actually a 2nd hard drive, and not just a 2nd partition on the OS hard drive...

slance310, Jul 25, 2016
  3. 2nd Hard Drive

Device manager tells me that my 2nd HD is working properly but win10 cannot see it ( file explorer)?

Any help appreciated.

David Davey, Jul 25, 2016
  4. pcgeek11 Win User

Did you change any BIOS Settings when going from PATA to SATA. I know in some BIOS you have to set it to recognise both.

pcgeek11, Jul 25, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    First place to look would be in BIOS. If it's there than in device manager. If there too than in disk management, it may just need a letter assigned to it.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant get 2nd hard drive working - Similar Threads - Cant 2nd hard

2. cant properly use 2nd drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant properly use 2nd drive: my second drive has a corrupted version of windows on it that doesn't work and I've tried everything to delete it, I'm just wanting to not spend money on a new drive, the only thing i need is more drive space, after all modern warfare has a very big file size... i just need...
  3. 2nd hard drive constantly restarting

2nd hard drive constantly restarting: Every few seconds one of my other hard drives non-C sounds like it is trying to start but fails and tries again. Access/opening/saving to these drives seems fine. They are used for extra image storage and one is a scratch drive for Photoshop. This had been a problem at 2...
  4. 2nd hard drive not showing win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd hard drive not showing win 10: I'm trying to take a sata hard drive (with existing data) from an older win 10 machine and add it as a second drive on newer win 10 machine (also sata). First time I've done it. I've watched YT videos on how to configure the 2nd drive but it's based on the 2nd drive showing...
  5. Help! 2nd hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! 2nd hard drive problem: When my pc was still windows 7 my 2nd hard drive and its partition titled "my shit" was fully accessible and its where i safely kept my personal photos and videos from the last 15 years. My PC forcably swapped to windows 10 and my unobservent ass didn't even notice "my shit"...
  6. Adding 2nd hard drive to Optiplex 755

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding 2nd hard drive to Optiplex 755: I installed a 2nd hard drive, was expecting a separate drive, but it just added it's volume to the first drive. Would like to use it as a 2nd drive for back-up purposes. Windows 10,...
  7. 2nd and 3rd hard drives show two drive Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd and 3rd hard drives show two drive Letters: I recently was required to reinstall Windows 10 after I installed a new SSD as my C: drive. Now, I've got everything up and running I noted the drive letters that were assigned to my second and third hard drives were different than what I use to have and not the drive...
  8. Cant boot hard drive!

Cant boot hard drive!: So I had an old system but it was in very good shape so I thought I would transfer my old hard drive into my father's system....we were trading systems so we swoped the hard drive out and I put mine in his....but I went to boot it up and it pops up with reboot and select...
  9. Use Vmware on 2nd hard drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Use Vmware on 2nd hard drive: I have 2 hard drives and both are 500gb. First hard drive have installed Windows on it and all the programs. If i was to install Vmware on my second hard disk and then install windows on it, would i get better performance? My host OS would be running on first hard...
  10. Error adding a 2nd internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error adding a 2nd internal hard drive: I was replacing My son' old computer and I decided to remove the HD and put it into my case for extra storage/back-up. When I start or restart the computer I get a screen I have never seen before on this computer. It is the American Maegtrends bios screen I believe. I've seen...