Windows 10: Can't get a new BD RW drive to work at all

Discus and support Can't get a new BD RW drive to work at all in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here is the error message: hl dt st bd re bh16ns48 scsi cdrom device could not be migrated Details: Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davewx, Jan 16, 2016.

1. davewx Win User

Can't get a new BD RW drive to work at all

Here is the error message:
    hl dt st bd re bh16ns48 scsi cdrom device could not be migrated

Details:
    Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_BD-RE__WH16NS40\4&1636555b&0&010000 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: IDE\CDROMASUS_DRW-24B3ST_________________________1.00____\5&133A3851&0&4.0.0
    Class Guid: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FC00FFFFF120
    Present: false

I built a computer from parts and everything works but the BD drive. I used an old AUS DVD RW drive also with no success. I've attached the SevenForum DX tool files with all the details.

:)

davewx, Jan 16, 2016

2. Win10 driver for Sony Optiarc BD RW BD-5750H please

Is there a windows 10 driver for my laptop dvd drive,

Sony Optiarc BD RW BD-5750H

and where can i download it from please?

I cant get it to write to DVDs

thanks

GeorgeDiceGeorge, Jan 16, 2016
  3. CD/DVD Drive not working after upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1

My built-in DVD-CD RW drive, after the upgrade I didn't ask for, now thinks it's a BD-Rom player, but since it Isn't, It crashes the drives programming asking for a disk to format. It thinks it's a player only, and Can't format, though it was, Before the
    Windows "upgrade". I bought a separate standalone dvd-cd rw. works soso. so an early Christmas present for somebody, just not me. It Can't be "fixed" . No answers for a fix, which Microsoft comes out with a lot, Never works. Dell 7700, with a optional graphics
    card. Less than useless tech support from Both companies

junglecat1, Jan 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, there are several threads here about such drives not being recognised, and from what I recall, a small registry mod is needed. (Why that should be, you'd have to ask MS.. Hmm).
    Solved Windows 10 - my dvd/cd drive is not recognised, at all - Windows 10 Forums
    CD/DVD writable drive not recognized by OS after Win10 upgrade. - Windows 10 Forums
    DVD R/W drive has disappeared after upgrading to Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

(Just search e.g. for DVD-RW drive not recognised for more).

I think you also need a driver for a blu-ray drive.. (never used one!)

dalchina, Jan 16, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    Nope. At least, not on my two systems with Bluray burners. No more than for a CD or DVD burner.

I wonder whether davewx did an upgrade or a clean install. I associate Registry errors with upgrades. (That's mostly prejudice, I know.)

bobkn, Jan 16, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Is yours a clean install or an upgrade to Win 10?

dalchina, Jan 16, 2016
  7. davewx Win User
    It was an upgrade from Win7, and a clean install of Win7.

I did the reg edits, but no luck. I did notice the drive listed in the Device Mgr and this error message: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device.

I did try to upgrade drivers, and it said "the best drivers are already installed."

Also, the drive is not seen at all in the Bios, even though it's listed in device manager with an error.

davewx, Jan 16, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Noted you said it's a SCSI drive..
    "Windows has the drivers for CD/DVD drive support. The exception would be if you are using an old SCSI drive, but even then, Windows would only need the SCSI controller driver, it would use its own CD/DVD driver."

Driver signing is required in 64 bit Windows, so there's another difficulty.
    FYI only:
    Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device - Super User

You are probably familiar with SCSI.. if so apologies.. just wondering if there's an issue with how it's connected.. e.g.
    Connecting a SCSI HDD to a desktop PC - TechSpot Forums

dalchina, Jan 17, 2016
  9. bobkn Win User
    I expect that it's SATA. I'm not sure why Windows would report it as SCSI, but that sort of thing has precedents.

bobkn, Jan 17, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
Thema:

1. Can't get a new BD RW drive to work at all - Similar Threads - Can't drive

2. minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...: Minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get Minecraft to reinstall. only option to purchase again.microsoft account shows it was purchased in Jan, but there is no option to download or install....
  3. minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...: Minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get Minecraft to reinstall. only option to purchase again.microsoft account shows it was purchased in Jan, but there is no option to download or install....
  4. Can't eject external drive "In Use"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't eject external drive "In Use": Hi All,believe me, I researched and tried all kinds of things, but ...Eject savely my external Seagate drive ... allways rejected ... "is currently in use".I restarted explorer in Task Manager...disabled indexing ... used Sysnative Process Explorer with the resultshowing...
  5. Can't eject external drive "In Use"

Can't eject external drive "In Use": Hi All,believe me, I researched and tried all kinds of things, but ...Eject savely my external Seagate drive ... allways rejected ... "is currently in use".I restarted explorer in Task Manager...disabled indexing ... used Sysnative Process Explorer with the resultshowing...
  6. I have the correct recuperation key for Bitlocker but can't access the OS/Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have the correct recuperation key for Bitlocker but can't access the OS/Drive: I had one Windows on one hard drive and then installed a second windows on another drive. So I had two Windows two boot on one or another both Windows 11 Then I Bitlocker the second drive directly from its Windows but when it did the first retart to verify the keys, the blue...
  7. I have the correct recuperation key for Bitlocker but can't access the OS/Drive

I have the correct recuperation key for Bitlocker but can't access the OS/Drive: I had one Windows on one hard drive and then installed a second windows on another drive. So I had two Windows two boot on one or another both Windows 11 Then I Bitlocker the second drive directly from its Windows but when it did the first retart to verify the keys, the blue...
  8. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  9. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  10. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware