Windows 10: Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS

Discus and support Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Recently, I have implemented WDS within my workplace to get away from Configuration Manager (As crazy as this might sounds), the reason being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by manofskill, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS

Hello,

Recently, I have implemented WDS within my workplace to get away from Configuration Manager (As crazy as this might sounds), the reason being is to help streamline and reduce the time it takes to image a single machine and also to decrease the amount of post deployment steps after a computer is done imaging.

So far, I've managed to get WDS configured, create a boot image, capture image, and install image. I am using two answer files in my environment, One being a unattend.xml file at the server level to partition and format the hard drives, select what image to use (winPE phase), enter the product key and correct Time Zone (Specialize Phase). Then I have another answer file which I named oobe.xml which is applied at the image level to skip all the OOBE questions, create a local account, and assign a password to the local administrator account (oobe phase). The issue I am not running into is getting a computer to join the domain automatically. I have tried configuring the Microsoft-UnattendedJoin component in both answer files at the specialize phase without any luck... Originally, I was wanting the computer object to be created in a custom OU named "Computer Room". I even tried changing this to the default OU "Computers", to see if this will work, no luck.

I am deploying Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1709.

If you need to me to post the actual XML content of both files, let me know and I will do so.

Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

:)

manofskill, Aug 22, 2018

2. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 22, 2018
  3. rbrunelle Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade for domain joined computers

Domain joined computers will be eligible for the free upgrade but are exempt from the reservation system After July 29th, you need only download the iso file, burn it to a disk and run it from a DVD drive

rbrunelle, Aug 22, 2018
  4. kudzu67 Win User

Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS

Windows 10 Onedrive disappears after joining domain

Windows 10 not joined to domain, onedrive works perfectly. As soon as I joined the computer to the domain onedrive completely disappears. Not in file explorer, not listed in apps, not in task tray. I thought group policy must be the issue. I checked the
    policy under Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | OneDrive. The policy was Not Configured. I disabled it just to be safe. Onedrive is still missing.

It's not listed in metro.

If I log onto my local account that was working before joining the domain. OneDrive is no longer there.

Even though it's built into Windows 10 I tried to download and install it. Setup fails with error

!ERROR! (0x80040B01) (fsmanagerimpl.cpp:142) ERROR: "' failed with 0x80040b01

All windows updates installed correctly without issues and are current.

Is there another group policy to check for?

Does this just not work when Windows 10 is joined to the domain?

thanks!

kudzu67, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS

1. Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS - Similar Threads - Cant computer join

2. Cant join domain

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant join domain: Hello,Someone in my company bought a Surface go 3 but bought it with windows 11 home edition so we cant join it to our domain.I removed it from s mode and tried to enter our pro key multiple activation but it wouldn't accept it. I tried entering the generic key...
  3. Cant join domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant join domain: Hello,Someone in my company bought a Surface go 3 but bought it with windows 11 home edition so we cant join it to our domain.I removed it from s mode and tried to enter our pro key multiple activation but it wouldn't accept it. I tried entering the generic key...
  4. Cant join domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WDS Deployment Fails on OOBE unattend file every time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WDS Deployment Fails on OOBE unattend file every time: Hello, My first post, but follow the site regularly! I am trying for the 1st time, to figure out WDS to deploy a customized W10 image. I have tried many, many times, and just can not get the unattend.xml file to work. I keep getting an error about "microsoft-shell-setup". I...
  6. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  7. WDS - configuring the unattended install correctly

WDS - configuring the unattended install correctly: Hi Everyone, I have been struggling trying to get this going now and I have been working on this for about a month now (on and off) with little progress. My goals for the unattended install are as follows: - not have to enter admin credentials to proceed with the install -...
  8. Unable to get computer to join domain through WDS

Unable to get computer to join domain through WDS: Hello, Recently, I have implemented WDS within my workplace to get away from Configuration Manager (As crazy as this might sounds), the reason being is to help streamline and reduce the time it takes to image a single machine and also to decrease the amount of post...
  9. Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS

Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS: Hello, Recently, I have implemented WDS within my workplace to get away from Configuration Manager (As crazy as this might sounds), the reason being is to help streamline and reduce the time it takes to image a single machine and also to decrease the amount of post...
  10. Cannot get the Join Domain option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get the Join Domain option: I am an administrator and I did expose the hidden Administrator. When I go to Settings | About, I do not get the Join Domain option. Am I missing a step? Many thanks for any help... Todd 104658

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 101903 dont join domain with wds

2. unattended wds no password showing

3. join windows domain with file

4. joining 1809 to a xml domain wds,
  5. answer file to automatically join a computer to domain using wds