Windows 10: Can't get dism to work even after refresh install .clueless

Discus and support Can't get dism to work even after refresh install .clueless in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; No idea what is going on here. Dism was returning errors so I did a bunch of things literally spent 3 hours doing standard stuff. Finally found old usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pittguy578, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Can't get dism to work even after refresh install .clueless

No idea what is going on here. Dism was returning errors so I did a bunch of things literally spent 3 hours doing standard stuff. Finally found old usb stick so I could do a refresh install overnight. . Keeping apps etc but then when I woke up and tried the dism command again still got source not found errors. Any idea what to do ?

:)

pittguy578, Sep 11, 2015

2. Nokia 5300

Help my music player on my phone has froze and im clueless to why and too why i can't get it too start. i have tryed everything i've updated the libary even turning the phone off its not working =[

airz0dudaz, Sep 11, 2015
  3. windows 10 screen refresh loop

I just installed Windows 10 but when the computer loaded I can't do nothing because the screen keeps refreshing itself in a loop. Someone told me it is because I have Norton installed in my computer but I can't uninstall it because I cant even use the.
    Computer with the screen refreshing so fast. I tried to uninstall it using the command line with WMIC , PRODUCT GET NAME but it did not work.

KevinSilvestre, Sep 11, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Can't get dism to work even after refresh install .clueless

NavyLCDR, Sep 11, 2015
  5. The weird thing I I thought I did that as well and got integrity violations.
    Maybe I am typing it in wrong?

Hate to ask, but could you leave the thing I should copy and paste into the thread here exactly and I can copy and paste?

My USB stick is the I drive

pittguy578, Sep 11, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    It will be one of three, depending on the ISO the USB stick was made from and what architecture you have installed:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:I:\sources\install.wim:1

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:I:\x86\sources\install.wim:1

or

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:I:\x64\sources\install.wim:1

NavyLCDR, Sep 11, 2015
  7. Thank you very much. Going to try these when my son goes down for a nap. Keeping fingers crossed. I have been updating my backup drive this morning in case nothing works.

And thank you for your service to our country

pittguy578, Sep 11, 2015
  8. Can't get dism to work even after refresh install .clueless

I think there has to be something really messed up with my system. Not sure why. The first one did work sort of. I can tell it definitely got to the image itself since it took so long and reached 100%. The path for the wim file was correct since I just dragged the folders that would be in the ISO and took then to the USB stick. But I still got the source error. Usually the dism restorehealth got to 40% then gave me the source error.

Hate to be a pain , but any other suggestions? This is not making any sense all the way around.

pittguy578, Sep 11, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Hi pittguy578,

What error do you get exactly?
    There is an error that is not fixable via DISM and sfc, I think this error was something like 0x800f1f1.
    The possible solution for this error is an in-place upgrade

10. essenbe Win User
    Look in the sources file and make sure you have an install.wim and not an install.esd. Also can try to add limitaccess to the end of your command. It will keep it from looking for the file through Windows Update.

Like this
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:I:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

In the case of an install.esdDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:I:\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't get dism to work even after refresh install .clueless

1. Can't get dism to work even after refresh install .clueless - Similar Threads - Can't dism refresh

2. Windows getting stuck even after clean installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows getting stuck even after clean installation.: Hey everyone,After every clean installation of windows 10, windows become unresponsive whil either working or while installing anything.Then when I force restart, it gets stuck on loading screen. This has been happening after every clean windows installation....
  3. Windows getting stuck even after clean installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows getting stuck even after clean installation.: Hey everyone,After every clean installation of windows 10, windows become unresponsive whil either working or while installing anything.Then when I force restart, it gets stuck on loading screen. This has been happening after every clean windows installation....
  4. Windows can't update even after clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can't update even after clean install: This problem has plagued my pc for about a year, I encountered the infamous “We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes” error about a year ago. It was only solved by a complete format and reinstall of the latest version of windows. About a month later the error...
  5. Audio suddenly not working. Even after refreshing PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio suddenly not working. Even after refreshing PC: Today I woke up to find that my computer's audio isn't working at all. It's not the speakers (tested them on another computer). I have tried all the basic trouble shooting (updated drivers, restarted audio service, changed audio properties, sfc in cmd). I have even refreshed...
  6. Disk at 100% even after refresh start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk at 100% even after refresh start: Hey, I have a real problem with my disk as it runs almost all the time at 100%. In addition there seem to be many duplicated applications in my task manager. I also tried to use the refresh start method in order to see if there is any change, though, nothing has changed....
  7. Still can't get DISM restore health to work ??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Still can't get DISM restore health to work ??: Been trying for weeks to get the DISM to work despite lots of help in forums...here's my latest discovery: I am running : Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess Hopefully this is correct...but my mounted new current...
  8. SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC and DISM error out even after fresh Windows installation: Hello, SFC and DISM were failing after I installed Windows 10, so I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10. SFC and DISM are still failing. With DISM, I keep getting source errors. Please help, as these errors are making Windows act quirky. Thank you!...
  9. Dism not working and can't get cmd Windows to close in task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism not working and can't get cmd Windows to close in task manager: 10547. Really weird behavior. Dism and sfc scannow are not working. I type them in and then cursor goes to next line and nothing happens. A second cmd window opens for less than a second and closes out. Not sure why that is happening. Other weird thing is I cannot shut down...
  10. Getting this error even after clean install!

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting this error even after clean install!: There seem to be no way getting rid of this error. I even did a clean install tonight with the latest windows 10 iso! Any idea why? The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...