Windows 10: Can't get dual screens setup.

Discus and support Can't get dual screens setup. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Bad start to Anniversary update - messed up my dual screen setup. I used to have my two screens setup so I could run different programs on them. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Sigurd, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Sigurd Win User

Can't get dual screens setup.

Bad start to Anniversary update - messed up my dual screen setup.
    I used to have my two screens setup so I could run different programs on them. Now I can only have the same thing on both. No point in having two screens. Settings allows me to set same on both or only on 1 (or 2). In practice whatever I set defaults to same on both.

I have a nVidia Quatro video card.

Any suggestions?

:)

Sigurd, Aug 12, 2016

2. Help Getting Dual Screen Setup

I am wanting to set up my second monitor on my gaming Computer! I have a HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-023w. I have multiple ports to give me the dual screen and even three screens if I please. When I go into my display settings, it does not give me the
    option like the tutorials I have seen online! It only gives me the connect to a wireless display option! I;m really confused with why it is doing this. I have updated my computer and even all of my drivers! I need to know what to do please if anyone can help!

JamesErwin2, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Help Getting Dual Screen Setup

What happens when you press Windows key + P?

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Properties

Click Driver tab

Click Rollback driver if the option is available

If not

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Check the box that says, "Delete the driver software for this device.”

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Go to Start -> Settings -> Update & security, then Check for updates and install any available updates.

Try again.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 12, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

sounds like youre copying the monitors instead of expanding (via win+p) ? other than that, no idea than suggesting to unplug and replug the monitors in wanted order.

batlhilz, Aug 14, 2016
  5. Sigurd Win User
    You're right. Silly of me. However, I don't recall the previous version using the word "expand". Wasn't there an option to make the two screens into a sort of wide cinemascope screen?

Could be my memory chips failing - very likely at my age.

Thanks.

Sigurd, Aug 14, 2016
  6. batlhilz Win User
    yeah you can do it, depending on your GPU and drivers. its called "surround" at some cases (nvidia atleast). cant remember how it goes on radeons, eyeinfinity?

batlhilz, Aug 15, 2016
  7. The NVidia Surround can only be done from the NVidia Control Panel. You need identical screen resolutions on the monitors for it to work. If I turn it on I lose my main center display. It's a 22 in 1080P. My other two monitors are 1280 x 1024. In Windows its *Start + P and select Extend for multi monitor, not duplicated. It's what I use on triple monitor setup.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get dual screens setup. - Similar Threads - Can't dual screens

2. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  3. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  4. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  6. Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering on Dual Monitor Setup: I've been having screen flickering problems for the past couple of weeks. I've tried nearly every fix I could find from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure the monitor has enough power, It's plugged into the graphics driver, I've tried lower graphics settings...
  7. windows setup 10 can't get past Network screen and can't be setup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows setup 10 can't get past Network screen and can't be setup.: I've just got a new laptop i'm trying to setup. when it starts up, it says it needs a connection to complete the setup. i connect no problem (used 2 different wifi adapters to be sure) and then it goes to "checking the connection to microsoft this might take a while" and then...
  8. Dual screen setup stopped working

Dual screen setup stopped working: Hello, I had a dual screen setup working without any problem. One monitor is asus VG27Q1R the other one is DELL U2518D. Graphic card is amd 5700xt. More than a month ago I contacted asus support to request the display widget lite program, which allow to change brightness...
  9. Dual Monitor Setup

Dual Monitor Setup: I am trying to connect (2) ACER X183h monitors to my computer (Windows 10). The ACER monitors are VGA connected to a dual VGA --> HDMI adapter. The HDMI is plugged into the HDMI port. The computer does not have a VGA port. I've tried to hit the "detect" button on a second...
  10. Prevent mouse from getting stuck in the corners [dual screen setup]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent mouse from getting stuck in the corners [dual screen setup]: Hello everyone, I use the window snapping feature a lot, but mainly for maximizing windows. I have a dual screen setup and when I drag a window along the top edge of the screen onto the second screen, it becomes stuck. This is very annoying, because I often want to move a...