Windows 10: Can't get Edge Browser on New Hard Drive Trial Period Expired!

Discus and support Can't get Edge Browser on New Hard Drive Trial Period Expired! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; As I had a spare copy of Win 7 (upgrade version) I decided to configure a new Hard Drive (Which I have on swappable pull out trays) So to make... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cyberdesigner, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Can't get Edge Browser on New Hard Drive Trial Period Expired!

As I had a spare copy of Win 7 (upgrade version)

I decided to configure a new Hard Drive (Which I have on swappable pull out trays)

So to make sure there were no bugs or glitches, this is what I did.

(1) Formatted the Drive

(2) Clean Install of Win XP

(3) Clean Install of Win 7 (To Upgrade XP to Win 7)

(4) Using an Iso Disk I burned I then installed a free upgrade to Win 10 (which was accepted and registered by MS)

Everything was fine except for one thing.

When I try and use MS Edge, I get a banner on the Screen which says 'This App can't open, your trial period for this App has now expired.

Visit the Windows Store to purchase the Full App

Then there is a Link to go to the Store but there is no sign of an App for MS Edge!

I don't understand what's going on here, so need some advice what to do.

I've still got Edge on this Hard Drive but not on this other New Drive.

:)

Cyberdesigner, Nov 28, 2015

2. Windows Edge & Settings Error "This app can't open" .

Old Title: Mahender Reddy.

Windows Edge & Settings Error "This app can't open" "Your trial period for this app has expired"

mahenderreddy_73, Nov 28, 2015
  3. microsoft edge

I upgraded to Windows 10 but Microsoft Edge won't launch. I getting the following message:

this app can't open. your trial period for this app expired. It request i visit the store and buy the app. Help!

patriciacobb, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Can't get Edge Browser on New Hard Drive Trial Period Expired!

Try this that I found it may work for you as I have had no trouble at all

***YOU MUST HAVE THE WINDOWS FIREWALL SERVICE RUNNING FOR THIS TO WORK***

1. Find C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
    2. Right-click and Run as Administrator
    3. Copy this line:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4. Right-click in the Powershell window to Paste and then press Enter.
    5. There is no need to restart. The fix should implement right away.

If you have previously disabled Windows Firewall or do not have it running, the above steps will result in errors. Use the steps below to enable Windows Firewall and the reverse if you wish to turn it off again afterwards.

1. Right-click the Start button -> Click Run
    2. Type Services.msc and press Enter
    3. Scroll down to find Windows Firewall
    4. Right-click then click Properties
    5. Under Startup Type dropdown -> Select Manual. Click Apply
    6. In the top left portion of the Services Window, Click Start this service.
    7. Now follow the steps in the first section, and it should work.

These steps worked for this guy
    They have no guarantee to work for you
    Also worked for the other person as well.

hTconeM9user, Nov 28, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Please do the following in the order they are listed :

1. Right click at the Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy and paste this. ( Please use copy/paste method to avoid typo).........................

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

>press Enter.
    This will take quite a while. When finished, it will show you the report.
    If it says operation is successful, proceed to #2 below.

2. At the same command prompt (Admin) > type powershell > press Enter.
    At the flashing prompt, copy and paste this............
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

>press Enter.

Check and see if you can run Edge without issue this time.

davidhk, Nov 28, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    If the above 2 methods do not fix the problem, create another user account with exactly the same privileges > logon to it and see what happens when you open Edge.

davidhk, Nov 28, 2015
  7. That worked great! many thanks but there were 3 power shell options to choose from, which did confuse me a bit

Windows Powershell
    Powershell X86
    Powershell ISE

8. Can't get Edge Browser on New Hard Drive Trial Period Expired!

That didn't work (for me) but the Powershell idea did.

Thanks for trying anyway.

9. Good glad that worked for you
    Thanks for letting us know

hTconeM9user, Nov 28, 2015
  10. davidhk Win User
    For your future reference only.
    Not that it matters now that you have the problem resolved.

My reply was a 2-step method.
    The step 1 Dism restorehealth is to make sure your system is clean. If it is not, step 2 might not work.
    Once the step 1 is done, then step 2 is to actually fix the Edge browser issue which was what you needed.

davidhk, Nov 28, 2015
  11. Hi I did try you 2 Step Method but it just seemed to hang there forever, with no signs of anything happening, which is when I tried the Powershell method, which worked in an Instant.

Maybe I didn't wait long enough 10 minutes? but with no signs of Progress, I thought that I would give the Powershell method a try.

12. davidhk Win User
    Dism........ restorehealth does take sometime to run. It will show a % and appears to stay that way for ever. It's actually running.

It does not matter now. Your problem is fixed. Only thing that matters.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't get Edge Browser on New Hard Drive Trial Period Expired!

1. Can't get Edge Browser on New Hard Drive Trial Period Expired! - Similar Threads - Can't Edge Browser

2. Your Trial Period has Expired & This App Can't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Trial Period has Expired & This App Can't Open: I can't open basically all my games. Forza Horizon 3 & 4, your trial period has expired. This has happened once before, I own the game, last time the error 'Check the Store for more info about Forza Horizon 3.' and 'Get help with this' that just opens the Microsoft Store and...
  3. Your Trial Period has Expired & This App Can't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Trial Period has Expired & This App Can't Open: I can't open basically all my games. Forza Horizon 3 & 4, your trial period has expired. This has happened once before, I own the game, last time the error 'Check the Store for more info about Forza Horizon 3.' and 'Get help with this' that just opens the Microsoft Store and...
  4. new edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new edge browser: where can i download the new microsoft browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/5a51e5f6-fae5-46ff-bd65-d089589c5778
  5. What makes Windows 10 know a trial period for an app has expired?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What makes Windows 10 know a trial period for an app has expired?: Just for curiosity's sake. What makes Windows 10 know a trial period for an app has expired? is it some cookie? Any help much welcome 151886
  6. new edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new edge browser: should i update to the new edge browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/6713934b-dc8b-4a84-afe0-2aa9a5183822
  7. Windows 10 Trial Period

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Trial Period: How long or how many days can i use windows 10 pro without activation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-trial-period/a71ce68c-6eae-4b07-86d3-81a23a19efed"
  8. trial period expired

in Windows 10 Customization
    trial period expired: i just installed win 10 on a new computer , when it boots up , i cannot even open the start menu , it gives error that the trial version for that app has expired and i need to go to the store and update. the desktop is not even working , i really could use some help...
  9. Browser Trials

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Trials: After weeks of trying different browsers, always something comes up I don't like. I have finally made this one default, and I don't look like looking elsewhere ever again - IE11. Its been several weeks since I used it last, and maybe some upgrades have made it stronger, but...
  10. Microsoft Edge fails to open says "...Trial period expired..."

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge fails to open says "...Trial period expired...": I eagerly upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro on July 29 the moment I got the upgrade link. But to my horror Edge is not working, WiFi drivers aren't working, nVidia Graphic drivers are corrupted. Somehow managed to install the other drivers but Edge is not...