Windows 10: Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!

Discus and support Can't get Edge home button to go to home page! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So, I have defined a home page in Edge Settings, and when I open Edge, it goes to that page. However, when I click on the Home button (with a house... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imacken, Nov 21, 2016.

1. imacken Win User

Can't get Edge home button to go to home page!

So, I have defined a home page in Edge Settings, and when I open Edge, it goes to that page. However, when I click on the Home button (with a house symbol) in the top bar, it doesn't go to the home page, but just Top Sites and suggested content as per that defined in new tab in settings.
    Is this normal?

:)

imacken, Nov 21, 2016
  2. SIMON805 Win User

Microsoft edge

Have managed to get the home button to show on edge and have set up a home page which is a pain to do but how do I get edge to open on my home page at the start of opening without having to click on the home page icon .

SIMON805, Nov 21, 2016
  3. Are they going to put back Edge missing features?

A) Well, there's no home button beside the refresh button in the default version of Edge. To activate it you have to follow these instructions:

How to get the home button back in Edge!

Β) Βookmarks toolbar is not the same as Ctrl-d (by the way that keyboard combination doesn't work on Edge!). In my work I have to open a lot of pages on the internet. Using Bookmarks doesn't help. With bookmarks toolbar I just press the button to go to the
    specific page instantly.

Stelios Kandias, Nov 21, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Sound as if what you have set is the page Edge opens at, not the Home page. For that you need to scroll down to the bottom of Edge's Settings to find the Advanced Settings button. Here you should select 'A specific page', enter the address of your chosen Home page then click the 'save' button just to the right of it.

Can't get Edge home button to go to home page! [​IMG]

5. imacken Win User
    Thank you so much, that was it!

imacken, Nov 21, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    *Thumbs Glad to help.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get Edge home button to go to home page! - Similar Threads - Can't Edge home

2. cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page: cannot find customize button on edge home page . Used to have autos and travel gone and cannot get back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-customise-button-anywhere-on-edge-home/2decf0a3-ebb3-4003-a248-445974f806bf
  3. Help with Bing Home Page in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Help with Bing Home Page in Edge: I've used Bing Home page in Edge for quite awhile. Today I noticed a scroll bar on the right side of picture. I scrolled down and all this garbage was displayed. I've high lighted the areas in question. Edge is up to date and don't think it's related to Fat Tuesdays' CU. Does...
  4. home page in edge windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    home page in edge windows 10: My home page has been the page that opens with edge, it has been that way for a long time, all of a sudden edge opens with the tab page, i have followed the videos on youtube and home page does not open with edge, i can click on home page and it goes there but it does not...
  5. "Information Cards" on Edge Home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Information Cards" on Edge Home page: The Home page of Edge shows 3 "information cards" on money, sports, and weather. I have to manually delete them every time I start Edge. They do not stay gone....
  6. Edge lost favorites and home page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge lost favorites and home page: Weird thing happened this morning. When I opened Edge, my home page had changed to the default, even though I deleted it in settings, to set the home page I prefer. And all my favorites were gone. The popup launched to ask me if I wanted to import favorites from IE. I did not...
  7. Edge Problems--Home Page and Search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Problems--Home Page and Search: I continue to have two perplexing problems with Edge that started with 10158 and continue in 10159. 1. Starting with 10158, MS finally gave us an Edge Setting to allow use of a Search engine other than Bing as default. Unfortunately, I've been unable to make the setting...
  8. Ms edge home page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge home page.: I set google.com to open edge with, but when I click on home button default page comes up. How do I set home button to go to google.com? Henry 58969
  9. Change " edge" to different home page

in Browsers and Email
    Change " edge" to different home page: Hi guys looking for some help on setting my home page in the Edge (spartan) which ever they call it by ! Everything i try does not work, i have tried >>> Microsoft Edge Startup Page - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums ................... and it goes back to this page...
  10. Edge Home button...

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Home button...: Strike 2 here.... Still have no Home button. And I've turned on the add Home button in advanced settings. I even followed a link I saw on this web site to add it to the registry.... still no home button. Do I have a faulty Edge here?*Redface 20528