Windows 10: Can't get favorites from edge to chrome, and missing drop-down menus

Discus and support Can't get favorites from edge to chrome, and missing drop-down menus in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Things arent the way it says when I look it up, get more confused. Had IE, tried Edge, wasnt crazy about it, now did Chrome for default browser.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ImLost, Sep 6, 2017.

1. ImLost Win User

Can't get favorites from edge to chrome, and missing drop-down menus

Things arent the way it says when I look it up, get more confused. Had IE, tried Edge, wasnt crazy about it, now did Chrome for default browser.

Also, no longer have the words at upper left with drop down menus.....the file/edit/view/tools/help, etc?

:)

ImLost, Sep 6, 2017

2. IE 11 Drop down Favorities

The Drop down Favorites List from the Favorites Menu Bar is missing. The Explorer Bar still Shows all of my favorites. But, the convenience and organization of the drop down menu is missing

RalphMungons, Sep 6, 2017
  3. dferron Win User
    Two Finger Horizontal Scroll Not Working

There is no change in the status of my two finger problem. This problem still only persists on MSN.com and the links from articles/content on that page in Edge, IE, and Chrome. If I use a favorite from the bar or drop down menu the two finger horizontal
    scroll works. Also, it doesn't matter the % of zoom. As stated before, NO issues in Win 8.1.

dferron, Sep 6, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 6, 2017
  5. ImLost Win User
    Sounds like #2 is easier, skipping an html thing (Im a real non-techie). It says to click "bookmark manager" after "bookmarks". But red dot shows clicking on "import bookmarks and settings" underneath bookmark manager (?). Clicking bookmark manager doesnt show anything about importing, so I clicked the import thing, then followed what it says after that. But still didnt work.

ImLost, Sep 6, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You would want to click on Import bookmarks and settings instead. *Smile

Brink, Sep 6, 2017
  7. ImLost Win User
    I did, thats what I meant when I said "...so I clicked the import thing..." (means what is stated is a mistake apparently?)

ImLost, Sep 6, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Go ahead and post some screenshots showing what you see instead of what's in the tutorial to see if it may reveal what may be happening.

Do you have the latest version of Chrome installed?

Brink, Sep 6, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    I can't say for Chrome as I don't use it, but for IE and Firefox those menus are hidden by default to give more space for viewing web pages, but the appear when you press the Alt key.

Bree, Sep 6, 2017
  10. ImLost Win User
    Dont know what's going on now.....maybe I somehow misread it before, it reads correctly now. Still, I did do it that way, and still dont have the favorites. And I just did the google browser from their site (must be the latest version)
    And no more simple right-click/"add to favorites" and other many listed options when on a website?

And when I was using IE, those words did appear at upper left, did not have to hit alt key. And hitting it now does nothing.

ImLost, Sep 7, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    In IE it's optional. You can hide them by unticking View > Toolbars > Menu Bar. When turned off, the Alt key brings them back if you need them.

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Were you able to successfully import your favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome?

To manually add bookmarks in Chrome, you:
    • Click on the 3 dots menu button.
    • Click on Bookmarks.
    • Click on Bookmark this page.

Brink, Sep 7, 2017
  13. ImLost Win User

Brink - no, I said above I did do it the right/listed way, and still dont have the favorites.

ImLost, Sep 7, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, you might try Option 1 to export them as a HTML file from Edge, then import the HTML file to Chrome.

Brink, Sep 7, 2017
  15. ImLost Win User
    Wow, I keep going back and forth, to me it seems the wording and order of things is really confusing (for a non-techie anyway). Tut contents says 2 options, #2 has 1-4 listed on that page (didnt work), but 2 links of option #1 are not, ya have to click to go to another page. The first link is there, but now it also shows doing option 2 differently than prrevious page. Then I click the second link of option 1, "Import the html frrom mse to chrome"......but, it brings me to "To export google chrome bookmarks to html file", not what it says for the second link/section of option 1, Im going nuts trying to find the wording it says Im supposed to find/what to do.

ImLost, Sep 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't get favorites from edge to chrome, and missing drop-down menus - Similar Threads - Can't favorites edge

2. Cannot select items from drop-down menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot select items from drop-down menus: Hello,I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6. I am trying to use an engineering load program from Carrier. However, I cannot select items from the drop-down menu. When I click on the items nothing happens. The same is true when I navigate to the items using the keyboard and hit...
  3. favorites drop down

in Windows 10 Customization
    favorites drop down: How do I delete items in the favorites dropdown? right click does not do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-drop-down/f9e481d7-94e9-4833-b146-6bd7ec44d525
  4. favorites drop down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    favorites drop down: How do I delete items in the favorites dropdown? right click does not do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-drop-down/f9e481d7-94e9-4833-b146-6bd7ec44d525
  5. favorites drop down

6. Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites: I want to sync my favorites in Chrome and Edge. I used XMARKS to remove duplicates and sync between different browsers but cannot find an equivalent app since they went out of business. I have found some app that claim to sync just not Chrome and Edge. Any suggestions? 170911
  7. Drop down menus

Drop down menus: My dropdown menus have started opening up with a black background with red lettering. How can I change that back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus/dac605d0-faff-49f1-a627-7d3866cd754a
  8. Drop Down Menus disappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop Down Menus disappear: When I select an icon, the drop-down menu appears when I mouse over to select from the DDM, the DDM disappears. Examples: Outlook: I click on the send to the button, I mouse down on the list (DDM) and the list of names disappears. OneDrive: Click on the OneDrive syncing...
  9. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...
  10. Printer missing from drop-down menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer missing from drop-down menus: I have an HP Compaq 6200 SFF running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro that won't print to either of two HP printers I have tried. I have tried an HP OfficeJet 3830 and an HP OfficeJet 4650 and get identical results with both. I can, though, print to a Canon MP470 (so maybe the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant select drop down menus items in chrome

2. edge favorites drop down menu missing

3. drop down favorites menu in edge