Windows 10: Can't get Groove Music app to shutdown while switching apps

Discus and support Can't get Groove Music app to shutdown while switching apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm new to win 10 mobile and I didn't know this either. It's useful to know. However, I came looking for a solution on how to shutdown Groove when it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BobD, Dec 10, 2016.

1. BobD Win User

Can't get Groove Music app to shutdown while switching apps

I'm new to win 10 mobile and I didn't know this either. It's useful to know. However, I came looking for a solution on how to shutdown Groove when it's been playing music. I can't get it to shutdown using this method. I have a Lumia 950 with Win 10 at 10.0.14393.448. Anyone able to help?

Edit
    Groove actually shuts down but when I go back to the Start screen the Groove live tile still shows the last track I was playing and if I go back to Groove that track is ready to go again.

The big problem with this is when I get in the car the phone and the car connect (BT) and the music starts playing automagically. This stops the map app from using BT to give directions through the radio.

:)

2. Groove stops playing

Groove stops playing whenever I minimize the app. So, I switched the default app to Win Media Player. Groove STILL starts as the default for all music. Why????

nobody123454645, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

Hello everyone,

Just now I can't play music on Groove Music on Windows 10 Pro. When I start up Groove Music, a dialogue appears, saying:

Can't play

Another app is controlling your sound right now. To listen here, close that app and try again

0xc101009b (0xc00d4e85)

What I'm troubled about is that at the moment when I started Groove Music, there wasn't any apps open in the taskbar.

FizzyDoesThis, Dec 10, 2016
Thema:

Can't get Groove Music app to shutdown while switching apps

1. Can't get Groove Music app to shutdown while switching apps - Similar Threads - Can't Groove Music

2. The shuffle option in Groove Music App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The shuffle option in Groove Music App: I recently updated Groove Music to the latest version 11.2212.31.0 and then I noticed that my playlist always starts to play the first song in the list even Shuffle option is ON. this issue wasn't in the previous version. until a fix is available what can I do to workaround...
  3. The Groove Music app is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Groove Music app is not opening: hey Microsoft I'm on Windows 10 Version 20H2 I'm facing a problem that says that when I try to open Groove Music app it can't open even I try to update but when I try to update apps the ms store comes with a error that says something unexpected happens I tried...
  4. Groove Music App - Playlists

in Cortana
    Groove Music App - Playlists: I have the Groove Music App and I was just wondering how you actually put the songs into the playlist! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-app-playlists/783b64f8-d9ed-4f22-9864-1bb42166b2af
  5. Uninstall Groove Music app

Uninstall Groove Music app: how do i remove it forever? ***Original title: i removed groove because it sucks and it keeps coming back.*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-groove-music-app/48fb3053-fadc-4c85-924c-90327dd410d2
  6. Problem with Groove Music App

Problem with Groove Music App: Hello, I have where when I launch Groove Music App its showing up for a few seconds then close by itself. So I tried Reinstall it but the problem still same. What have I tried : 1. Uninstall from Setting > apps > groove music > advanced Options > uninstall then I reinstall...
  7. groove music app not working

groove music app not working: I just can't add music folders into groove music app. in my windows 10 laptop. I have tried resetting the app. But it does not work[ATTACH]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-app-not-working/0389a418-43b1-4f9a-bd37-32ebb6917926
  8. groove music app not working

groove music app not working: I just can't add music folders into groove music app. in my windows 10 laptop. I have tried resetting the app. But it does not work[ATTACH]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/groove-music-app-not-working/0389a418-43b1-4f9a-bd37-32ebb6917926
  9. Groove music app ?

Groove music app ?: Why does this feel so half done. I used to love the Zune software. It practically was my home page back in the day. Why is this so feature less? I hope they are going to add more features to this software. The one feature i was looking to use was the create radio stations but...
  10. Groove music app updated in store

Groove music app updated in store: Groove music app update available in store. It's still garbage despite the update - out of 4000 songs approx on my PC it only displays album artwork on a handful of files/songs with no rhyme or reason (mix of MP3 and M4a files) despite artwork being embedded correctly. Just...