Windows 10: Can't get in - infamous spinning dots but worse

Discus and support Can't get in - infamous spinning dots but worse in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So computer was working fine then bam spinning white dots with mouse cursor and nothing else on startup... I tried removing all usbs nothing... Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Haydenbunny, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Can't get in - infamous spinning dots but worse

So computer was working fine then bam spinning white dots with mouse cursor and nothing else on startup... I tried removing all usbs nothing... Tried restart with nothing plugged in, same thing... Tried restarting pressing f12 to get into startup options (this is only working to get into startup options 1 out of 20 restarts rest just continues to spinning dots) it won't system restore it won't let me reset computer just says error no extra information... Tried safemode get to black screen with cursor no dots... Ctrl alt delete does nothing,sooooo I'm screwed need to buy new HD? BTW sorry bout wall of text I'm writing on /20$ phone...

:)

Haydenbunny, Apr 11, 2017

2. Windows 10 stuck at spinning dots

so when I tried to boot up and power on Windows I am greeted by the hp logo and spinning dots, after a while the hp logo disappears and the spinning dots just stay there but however when the hp logo disappears the spinning dots spin at a lower frame
    rate and the screen gets brighter. It just stays like this and I don't know what to do I can't get the system to work

angelohuang_982, Apr 11, 2017
  3. Giant update

I am also having the same issue with the update, but my screen just has the spinning dots. I tried a hard shut down and restart just took me directly back to the spinning dots. I can't access the start menu. I can't access anything but the spinning dots.
    HELP!!! No safe mode startup is available at this point! I can't afford a new computer. I need to access my programs. Thanks in advance.

CherylGuthrie, Apr 11, 2017
  4. Can't get in - infamous spinning dots but worse

Haydenbunny,

Welcome to TenForums!

Please try shutting down the computer pressing the Power button. You may have to press it for 15-20 seconds until it eventually shuts down.

Now, press the Power button to turn on the PC, and, just as the round dots start rotating, press and hold the Power button down until it turns off.

Repeat the same actions two more times, and, on the third try, instead of the round dots, see if the PC shows 'Please wait...' and then boots into Recovery mode.

At this screen, press the following button: See Advanced Repair Options

On the Choose an option screen, click: Troubleshoot > next window click: Advanced Options, and at the next window click: Startup Repair

Let us know what develops.

cottonball, Apr 11, 2017
  5. Thanks for the reply cotton ball, yes i tried that unfortunately also tried every other advanced repair option... No dice... I even removed my ssd which is installed in m.2 port and tried booting from another comps HDD I plugged in but computer wouldn't have a bar of that ... Getting worried something is wrong with my motherboard or something $5k comp broken after 5 months is scary...

Haydenbunny, Apr 11, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    I had the same after an update several months ago, I had to restore from an image to get the pc working, all updates after were fine until the CrU which started the problem again, I decided to do a clean install which has fixed the problem.

Bastet, Apr 11, 2017
  7. OK I'll try format and install win10 from USB xD

Haydenbunny, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't get in - infamous spinning dots but worse

1. Can't get in - infamous spinning dots but worse - Similar Threads - Can't infamous spinning

2. Spinning Dots of Doom

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spinning Dots of Doom: Building a new desktop (with Asus XII hero board), after the Win 10 Pro install, every boot I am stuck at the spinning dots of happiness for 15 or 20 minutes. I've run all updates, updated I believe all chipset drivers from Asus (minus one.. the one that said.. you can never...
  3. Windows stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on spinning dots: Hi, I i have a desktop, which has been running Windows 10, updated from Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried to start it up, it got stuck at the black screen with the Asus logo and black spinning usually, but now frozen dots. In the past it has occasionally been slow at this...
  4. Spinning dots

Spinning dots: My computer I use for my classes stated Microsoft update was due. So I waited and it auto restarted and did the update. Now all I have is spinning dots. That is it. All my student's information is on that computer plus their pictures and other events they have participated...
  5. spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    spinning dots: let me start by saying that my laptop is working perfectly, and windows 10 is working perfectly. I turn on the laptop, it's a Dell. I get the Dell logo screen as it posts. the screen blinks and the dell logo comes back on with the spinning dots. I want to change that...
  6. Windows 10 Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Spinning Dots: My Acer laptop was started logging and eventually it is hanging that I decided to reformat drive C. After I reformated it once, the issue still exsits so that I decided to reformat all the drivers and reinstall Windows 10. After two reformats, I got stuck on spinning dots for...
  7. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  8. Infamous blue spinning circles

Infamous blue spinning circles: I recently booted up my custom gaming computer to find that my Internet wasn't working. So, I figured out that the problem was that the dependency service failed to start. I followed instructions that said to open an elevated cmd and input the following. net localgroup...
  9. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...
  10. Spinning Dots at Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Spinning Dots at Boot Up: I have win 10 x64 on a Dell XPS 8700. It had Win 8.1. Been on Win 10 since release. Today my son went to reboot the computer and at boot, just got spinning dots. He turned it off, same thing. Got to a diagnostic and it said it could not repair. So I decided to use Acronis...