Windows 10: Can't get Mic working in-game

Discus and support Can't get Mic working in-game in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey As the title says I can't get my microphone (corsair void rgb wireless headset) to work in any games (steam, origin Uplay). it works in all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AngryDarren81, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Can't get Mic working in-game

Hey

As the title says I can't get my microphone (corsair void rgb wireless headset) to work in any games (steam, origin Uplay). it works in all tests inside each of the applications settings but as soon as i stop testing it stops working. I set it to default comms device but still it won't work in games.

Can't get Mic working in-game [​IMG]

can anybody help me with this? It's driving me nuts going in circles

Thank you

edit: I've attached the dxdiag results too

Edit 2: So I've got it to work in steam after messing around for almost a week. I found a driver from a post in this forum that wasn't on the vendors website. Still no joy getting it working in Origin or UPlay though

:)

AngryDarren81, Jul 28, 2016

2. Mic Doesn't work!

I started building my first gaming PC in June and finished 2 days later. I have these turtle beach px24 gaming headset with a mic that works on my phone and Xbox but the mic doesn't work on PC. When I plug it in to the rear panel i can hear audio but my
    mic doesn't work. I tried every port and only one of them i can hear audio but the mic doesn't work with the audio. And get this, my front panel ports don't work. I tired different headphones but the mic doesn't on any of them. What should I do to my front
    panel and mic. My rear panel I can hear audio but in the front I can't hear anything. The Mic doesn't work in any of the panels.

Nicholas9000, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Ralf Wo. Win User
    Windows 10 + BOSE Quietcomfort 35 - Gamesound and Teamspeak or Skype not work

Hello community,

I try to get my BOSE QC35 get to work under Windows 10. I buy 2 BT USB Sticks, one V3.0 and another BT V4.0, but I can't get my headphones work 100% with mic. enabled in Win 10 with both of them.

At first, paaring work, no issue here.

1) If I only use it without the mic. the sound is very good. So play a multiplayer game with sound and it is nearly perfect and wireless with noice canceling enabled.
    Fine. If I add TeamSpeak I can hear others clearly, but if I switch to the game I don't hear them any longer. Can't get Mic working in-game :( All with BT Profile 1

2) But if I start additionally Teamspeak or Skype with my game AND if I switch the BT Profile to the second profile
    with mic enabled,

now my sound is:

a) in a bad quality.

b) swoosh

c) No noice canceling ANC

d) others say: Bad mic. quality They are able to hear me but all not like it.

e) And the best: If I switch back to the game, the sound from Skype or teamspeak disappears,

only a bad sound quality from the game is what I hear.

And I can't mix the two BT Profiles in Win 10 . If I choose the profile for voice, the other setting for sound output in TS switches to that profile, that has a poor audio quality. Can't get Mic working in-game :(

Anybody out there that solved that issue? I get no answer from Bose for 2 weeks now.

Best regards

Ralf

PS: Was that an expensive bad buy? That I want was a good ANC and a wireless good quality during gaming with voice chat enabled.

I know it has no "Gooseneck microphone", so the mic. is not as clear as in other Headsets, but the BOSE marketing never said: If you use the mic. the sound drops 90% of quality in Win 10 and the sound will only transferred for the active application.

Ralf Wo., Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

Can't get Mic working in-game

1. Can't get Mic working in-game - Similar Threads - Can't Mic working

2. Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.: Hi, i've been having this issue for a while where when I am in an xbox party, my mic will only work when I have my game bar open and on the screen. It shows an orange error symbol and when I click on the notification in the social tab it directs me to an article on how to let...
  3. mic only working in game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic only working in game bar: mic is only working in game bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-only-working-in-game-bar/c9a02712-e909-4840-8a87-83a6010423ec
  4. mic only working in game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mic only working in game bar: mic is only working in game bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-only-working-in-game-bar/c9a02712-e909-4840-8a87-83a6010423ec
  5. mic only working in game bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Unable to get my mic to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to get my mic to work: Hi, I am unable to get my mic to work. I have a Lenovo H535 desktop. Please read the information in this forum post that I posted for the details of what the errors are and the things I have tried to fix the problem. I am asking you to read that forum post, so I do not...
  7. Gaming headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gaming headset mic not working: Hi, I just bought a gaming headset RAZER KRAKEN X and the mic doesn't work. It says that my microphone isn't plugged in even if it is. Underneath it, it says Line in not plugged and sterio mix disabled. I disabled the sterio mix because it was echoing my window...
  8. Cant get mic audio to work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant get mic audio to work.: I have had this problem for years with my asus laptop, I use FL studio with an audio interface and a condenser microphone and it works flawlessly. However anything outside of that program cant pick up any audio from any type of mic, I've tried countless methods to fix this...
  9. Gaming Headset mic wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Headset mic wont work: I have a Turtle Beach pc compatible gaming headset plugged into my laptop, and I can hear sound perfectly fine, but my mic wont work at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/gaming-headset-mic-wont-work/2dcd9c2b-361d-4741-a3e6-90c83b95cfec
  10. Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google: No idea what is going on. Cortana doesn't hear me when I hit the MIC option. Nothing registers at all. The mic is fully functional. It works on Google Voice search perfectly in Chrome and my games. I set up the microphone in the settings. This is just so bizarre. Any other...