Windows 10: Can't get Microsoft news to work. Says needs refreshing, but nothing happens when...

Discus and support Can't get Microsoft news to work. Says needs refreshing, but nothing happens when... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microsoft news does not work. says need refreshing, but when press to refresh, nothing happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Maury Rice, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Can't get Microsoft news to work. Says needs refreshing, but nothing happens when...

Microsoft news does not work. says need refreshing, but when press to refresh, nothing happens

:)

Maury Rice, Jul 18, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 18, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Can't get Microsoft news to work. Says needs refreshing, but nothing happens when...

Win10 Email refresh?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Mail app.

• In top right corner you will find a refresh button

• Click on refresh button and check if it sync with the account

If the issue still persists I suggest you to provide us the screen shot of the issue.

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Can't get Microsoft news to work. Says needs refreshing, but nothing happens when...

1. Can't get Microsoft news to work. Says needs refreshing, but nothing happens when... - Similar Threads - Can't Microsoft news

2. When I open Microsoft store nothing happens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When I open Microsoft store nothing happens: When I open Microsoft store nothing happens It has been like that for about a few months and I still cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-microsoft-store-nothing-happens/d62471ab-c4db-4f28-ac0f-84d2c5da08d3
  3. When I open Microsoft store nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open Microsoft store nothing happens: When I open Microsoft store nothing happens It has been like that for about a few months and I still cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-microsoft-store-nothing-happens/d62471ab-c4db-4f28-ac0f-84d2c5da08d3
  4. When I open Microsoft store nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store press get and nothing happens

Microsoft store press get and nothing happens: i try every solution on this question but still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-get-button-doesnt-work/afd2075b-bdcc-4f06-a8f8-9a0a7d8eb042 this problem is different the page doesn't reload just the button get disable then...
  6. Windows says "Printing", but nothing happening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows says "Printing", but nothing happening: I have a 1 month old laptop and this is my first Win10 machine (long time Win7 user). I have it connected wirelessly to a HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z. I downloaded and installed the latest version of the HP print drivers. For the most part, everything works fine, but have a...
  7. Windows says "Printing", but nothing happening

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows says "Printing", but nothing happening: I have a 1 month old laptop and this is my first Win10 machine (long time Win7 user). I have it connected wirelessly to a HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z. I downloaded and installed the latest version of the HP print drivers. For the most part, everything works fine, but have a...
  8. Microsoft News not getting refreshed with the latest videos

Microsoft News not getting refreshed with the latest videos: The micorosft news app is not getting refreshed with latest videos. The same video was availble for the last couple of days. We have already tried to reset the app, uninstall and re-install the app - still its remains same. Any help would be greatly appreciated App...
  9. Microsoft NEWS app does not refresh

Microsoft NEWS app does not refresh: The Microsoft News app is showing news from 10 days ago while I am connected to internet. Tried to restart the computer as well. Is there some way to refresh the news?...
  10. Microsoft News not working Windows 10. Error occurred, Refresh.

Microsoft News not working Windows 10. Error occurred, Refresh.: FIXED IT. from cNet: "I had same problem until I accidentally stumbled on solution. Turn off your network connection. Start the news app and it should direct you to the data choices. Turn the network back on and it should work." 1) turned off wifi 2) started news 3) it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i get microsoft news

2. cant get microsoft news

3. cant get microsoft news to work

4. i cant get microsoft news,
  5. microsoft news not refreshing,
  6. An error occurred try refreshing? Refresh this page? microsoft news fix,
  7. microsoft news not working,
  8. Cant open my Microsoft News,
  9. microsoft news an error has occurred,
  10. microsoft news refresh this page,
  11. microsoft news error occurred,