Windows 10: Can't get monitor to stay on more than 20 minutes or so

Discus and support Can't get monitor to stay on more than 20 minutes or so in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've done "settings/system/power and sleep" and set the monitor to stay on 5 hours. But it continues to go off every 20 minutes or so. How do I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lbeck, May 25, 2017.

1. lbeck Win User

Can't get monitor to stay on more than 20 minutes or so

I've done "settings/system/power and sleep" and set the monitor to stay on 5 hours. But it continues to go off every 20 minutes or so.

How do I get it to stay on?

:)

lbeck, May 25, 2017

2. computer screen goes dark

Unfortunately my computer won't stay on long enough to try the suggestion. It just goes dark with no warning, can't get it to stay on for more than about 5 minutes.

kimhawkeye, May 25, 2017
  3. tdehan Win User
    Why is Windows 10 not shutting off the display suddenly when it is configured to do so after 20 minutes?

Why is Windows 10 not shutting off the display suddenly when it is configured to do so after 20 minutes? This used to work. Now the monitor just stays on!

tdehan, May 25, 2017
Thema:

Can't get monitor to stay on more than 20 minutes or so

1. Can't get monitor to stay on more than 20 minutes or so - Similar Threads - Can't monitor stay

2. I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.: For some reason a few days ago, it started staying in the sleep mode without me doing anything. But then after a couple days it went back to staying in sleep mode for only a few minutes. Nothing was changed on the computer settings....
  3. I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.: For some reason a few days ago, it started staying in the sleep mode without me doing anything. But then after a couple days it went back to staying in sleep mode for only a few minutes. Nothing was changed on the computer settings....
  4. I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wont stay on for more than a minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wont stay on for more than a minute: Hello, My desktop hp keeps turning off/ sleeping. I have both setting set to Never and it still turns off. I have also gone into "additional power settings" and have also chose never for "change when the computer sleeps" and "choose when to turn off the display" I have...
  6. Is there a way to get more than the max 20 notification in the 'Action center'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to get more than the max 20 notification in the 'Action center': [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mytommy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g7xx5o/is_there_a_way_to_get_more_than_the_max_20/
  7. Blue screen lasting more than 20 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen lasting more than 20 minutes: I was using my PC and then i got a bluescreen, the stopcode is DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and what failed was nvlddmkm.sys, but not only is there is a blue screen, but my computer hasn’t booted back to windows and its been like this for than 30 minutes. can someone help...
  8. Mouse getting freezed for more than 20 seconds and its get stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse getting freezed for more than 20 seconds and its get stuck: Hi Microsoft i am currently facing a really big problem with the mice what am i using it its a USB as i have done all the steps which i need to uninstall drivers re-install and other stuffs too but it still the same problem as soon i reboot finishing all the steps it still...
  9. HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes: Hello I use my WD 1TB blue just for storage. I have Windows 10 x64 CU updated. But on the last weeks my HDD always spins up after a few minutes on idle(i put to idle after 10 minutes on energy settings). So i start digging the cause because it makes that mechanical...
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Every 20 minutes or so.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Every 20 minutes or so.: Hi, I recently installed Windows 10 on a brand new Samsung 850 Evo SSD about a week ago and things have been going great until today when I started getting BSOD all the time. I recently installed new memory sticks too at the same time as I installed the SSD (2x 4gb Hyperx...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 display will not stay on for more than 30 seconds. how can i fix it?