Windows 10: Can't get my Outlook to sync in Mail App

Discus and support Can't get my Outlook to sync in Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Trying to set up my outlook in the Win 10 mail app...have all settings enter3ed correctly...including Outlook password for my cox email account...but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by trinaz, Jan 29, 2016.

1. trinaz Win User

Can't get my Outlook to sync in Mail App

Trying to set up my outlook in the Win 10 mail app...have all settings enter3ed correctly...including Outlook password for my cox email account...but every time I try to sync...sync window 10 just spins...

Bigger issue is if I check the password for my outlook (Cox) account...the number of characters has doubled in Win 10 Mail settings ??

My Outlook account for this mail box has 9 characters...works fine in Outlook 2003...

But when I check the password in the mail app...more than 12 characters-*'s show up in Win 10 app for password.

Have deleted and added outlook mail pop a number of times...but after 'save'...I always get a much longer 'password'(*****etc) in settings than was entered in setup ?

Any ideas on what's up with this ?

Thanks...TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Jan 29, 2016
  2. kwhit30 Win User

windows 10 mai

Just received new laptop with windows 10. I can not get the mail app to work. If I go on outlook thru Microsoft account, my mail is there and is syncing there. when I try to open mail app in windows, states can not sync and fix account, but nothing works
    to fix account. can't delete outlook account to try and restart??? What should the server be in the outlook sync settings in the app?? Sat on phone for an hour and half the tech help and they couldn't figure it out!!!

kwhit30, Jan 29, 2016
  3. JamesRapp Win User
    Error: 0x85010014 while syncing Outlook with Windows 10 Mail App

I can't sync my outlook account in the window 10 Mail App on my home pc. Gmail syncs fine but when I try outlook I receive an error message 0x85010014

<Original Title: Outlook In Windows 10 Mail App>

JamesRapp, Jan 29, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Many times a password will be "padded" to a greater length, helps prevent guessing at that the password is if someone is looking over your shoulder. One nice thing with Win10 is most password boxes have a eye with eyebrow at the right end, click and hold to see the actual letters. Release the mouse and it's hidden again.

As for Outlook, kindly use the proper names. Outlook is part of Microsoft Office and is an installed E-Mail Client. That is not to be confused with Outlook.com which is a Web/Online E-Mail function as is Hotmail.com. The Mail app in Win10 seems to give lots of people trouble. Historically we started using Outlook Express over 15 years ago up through WinXP. OE was dropped in Vista in favor of Windows Mail then Win7 had nothing but we could get Windows Live Essentials free which had Windows Live Mail. That was pretty much it in Win8/8.1. For some folks the free OE Classic works quite nice. Also a good choice would the free E-Mail Client that installs with the SeaMonkey Browser.

Berton, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't get my Outlook to sync in Mail App - Similar Threads - Can't Outlook sync

2. Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications: I've been having Mail app notification issues not arriving instantly in the last couple of days. It feels like the Mail app is connecting/disconnecting sporadically, rendering the syncing process unstable it shows me notifications on and off overtime, sometimes I get...
  3. Microsoft Mail sync with Microsoft Outlook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail sync with Microsoft Outlook?: Microsoft Mail seems to have taken over being 'default' email program when clicking on a email address within a web page. It did ask to complete setup by adding my email password which I did. Don't mind so much it opening when I click on an email address in a website used to...
  4. bigpond mail not syncing in outlook mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bigpond mail not syncing in outlook mail: my bigpond mail is not syncing in outlook mail......new laptop and was working for a few days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bigpond-mail-not-syncing-in-outlook-mail/b3e01bc9-822b-4624-ac0a-08c36e023f0d
  5. syncing my yahoo mail account to outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    syncing my yahoo mail account to outlook: I am unable to sync my yahoo account with my outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-my-yahoo-mail-account-to-outlook/c49e91ee-6fe3-470e-8b48-f5e9e7b32100
  6. AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook: I've been running AOL Mail on Outlook for years. In the several weeks it has stopped automatically syncing received and sent emails. When I try to force a sync using "update folders" I get this error message: Task "synchronising subscribed folders …..; reported error...
  7. Mail App not Syncing Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  8. Windows 10 Mail Sync to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Sync to Outlook: To Sync your email to Outlook after doing some email maintenance, hit the refresh button. I have attached a view of the button for reference. Note if you also are looking to manage your folders from Windows Mail, I have found that I need to do that from within Outlook. Unless...
  9. Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync: For the last week or so, my emails are not syning with either Outlook 2010, or the Windows Mail App. I am using Hotmail (yes i know, still?) I got an email from Microsoft, saying something along the lines of "remove and then re-add your account", which i have done....
  10. Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change: Just thought I'd post a note incase others are having issues with the mail App, M$ has quietly changed the Mail App's Server for my old Hotmail Account and the Mail App is no longer connecting to that Hotmail account to sync, has not for 5 days but I hadn't noticed as I am...