Windows 10: Can't get one of three pc's to join home network!

Discus and support Can't get one of three pc's to join home network! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ​​​​​I have three computes with exactly the operating system (Windows 10 Professional x 64 bit)...I set up a home network to share all three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Raner, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Raner Win User

Can't get one of three pc's to join home network!

​​I have three computes with exactly the operating system (Windows 10 Professional x 64 bit)...I set up a home network to share all three computers... (Time Warner Modem/Router/Wired/Wi-Fi).... The pc's are all wired...
    I used this video tutorial... How to Share Files and Folders Between Two Windows 7 Computers Using Windows HomeGroup - YouTube ... it is for windows 7 but in general the steps are
    basically the same... Two of the computers are working fine on the home network but one of them which is the wife's computer
    will not connect to the home network (Internet is working fine ... When I go to add password for the home group it takes forever to get to the screen to enter the home network password when I finally get to enter the password it takes another life time to verify the password but it will not verify password it just gives me a pop message (Windows can not add this computer to the home network)...
    I tried the trouble shooter but it does not give any solutions (Seems that it can't find anything wrong)...
    I pulled out my mother board driver cd and made sure all the drivers were installed (I figured they were because the internet is working fine). I turned off the fire wall and got the same result as before...
    I checked out this video... Why Cant I Join a HomeGroup Solved Unable to Join Existing Network - YouTube ... Computer is running all the services the video mentioned... So if the router/fire wall/services are not the problem... Seems to me something is blocking the pc from seeing the home network because it's trying to verify the password but it can't get threw to do it...What else could be...Thanks...

:)

Raner, Sep 4, 2015

2. Home Group

I have 3 PC,s. Two are Windows 10 and the one is 7. I have successfully joined the 10's to my Home Group on my wireless Home network.

But when I try to join the Home Group from the Windows 7 unit I get an error saying the Password is invalid. Why? I'm using the same Home Group password on all three?

Tim W.

TimWeiss_815, Sep 4, 2015
  3. BobEnd Win User
    Printer Sharing

I've just upgraded three laptops to Windows 10. One was Windows 7 Home Premium, One was Windows 8.1 and the third was Windows 7 Pro. I can't get the third one to access the shared resources on the first laptop which was the Win 7 Home. I've created a HomeGroup
    and the first two are fine and happy but the one that is running Pro only shows up in Network and not Devices and can't join the HomeGroup. Is this a Win Pro issue or something else?

Thanks,

BobE

BobEnd, Sep 4, 2015
  4. Raner Win User

Well Boys and Girls...
    I decided to give my wife's computer another shot to try to add it to my home network...
    I hit the join tap and it went right in did not ever ask for the password... It went straight to the screen... You can now begin share files... It's working fine... Shows up on the home network on all the computers her files and printer are accessible and sharing with the network just as it should... I did not ever restart here computer this morning it stays on all the time and the last restart I did was last night when I was messing with it... Go Figure !!!... I have no Idea as to how it worked this morning but would not work last night... Well I'm just glad it's working and don't have to mess with home network ANYMORE...LOL...

Raner, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't get one of three pc's to join home network! - Similar Threads - Can't three pc's

2. Mac can't see PC on home network ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mac can't see PC on home network ?: My Mac running OSX Sierra can't see my Win-10 PC on my home network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-cant-see-pc-on-home-network/d081296d-624c-46b3-ad75-fb7f781d8285
  3. Windows 10 Home 20h2 -- three in one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home 20h2 -- three in one: I still am not sure as to the method used to answer questions here. I can't mark something as the answer until I have found out that it is, but I appreciate all the help I have gotten on the few times I have visited here. My last question was about memory - was 2666 ok to use...
  4. Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  5. One PC on W10 home network will not show

One PC on W10 home network will not show: All three PCs have the same network sharing settings. Two are W10 Pro, one W10 Home. Have tried resetting network on all etc etc. Can see if addressed directly, e.g. //PC3/whatever - but the PC never shows up under Network in File Explorer. Why?! 137318
  6. Networking Three computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Networking Three computers: Any help would be appreciated - at my wits end I have 3 computers, all running Windows 10 Pro - I am trying to get them to talk with each other and share file data One of them will connect to the other two and show the shared files, but the others will not connect to it....
  7. Cannot network three computers in my home

Cannot network three computers in my home: All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date, Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router. Elaines iss pro connects wifi Rolling stone is Asus laptop, wifi, win 10 home. Deskstone sees rollingstone but Windows troubleshooter reports: Windows could not automatically detect this...
  8. Cannot network three computers in my home

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot network three computers in my home: All Win 10, 64 bit, patched to date, Deskstone has pro, hard wired to an asus router. Elaines iss pro connects wifi Rolling stone is Asus laptop, wifi, win 10 home. Deskstone sees rollingstone but Windows troubleshooter reports: Windows could not automatically detect this...
  9. Lenovo G780 Win10 Home cannot join network

Lenovo G780 Win10 Home cannot join network: This laptop is Win10 Home (v1709; Build 16299.125) and I have been unable to join my HomeGroup on this pc. My desktop pc which created the HomeGroup is Win10 Pro. My other three laptops are Win10 Pro and they have joined the HomeGroup with no problem. I am able to insert the...
  10. Can't access my Home PC on the network.

Can't access my Home PC on the network.: Frustrated. As of yesterday, I am getting an error when I try to access my home PC from my android phone - login failure. unknown username or bad password. I use my Hotmail account as my username. I did this, because Microsoft insisted. I can login fine to my Hotmail...