Windows 10: Cant get past login screen

Discus and support Cant get past login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Computer has been working on win 10 for several months. Lately had problems with login screen. We have never used a password before. Now I cant do... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Shiflerg, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Shiflerg Win User

Cant get past login screen

Computer has been working on win 10 for several months. Lately had problems with login screen. We have never used a password before.

Now I cant do anything because it demands a password which I do not know.

Incidentally I now see two users with same name. One user demands password. Other gives options such as using usoft account.

Help. I miss my computer.

:)

Shiflerg, Dec 18, 2016

2. Can't log into Windows 10 anymore

You guys are just dumb **** and don't read peoples problems

WE CANT LOGIN INTO OUR PC WE DONT GET PAST THE LOGIN SCREEN.

SO HOW CAN WE **** OPEN WINDOWS + X ON OUR WINDOW SCREEN WHEN WE CANT EVEN LOG IN

JEZUS **** CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH THEIR COPY PASTE ANSWERS

TomDe Moor, Dec 18, 2016
  3. Gman9 Win User
    Can't get past Win10 login screen

I tried a system restore but it failed. Before I do a clean install I'd like to save my files. I am able to get into the windows 7 build and it is exactly as I left it however I do not see any of the files I recently created in win 10. Is there a way
    to access win 10 files from inside win 7? Or did I lose all my recent files?

Gman9, Dec 18, 2016
  4. Shiflerg Win User

I had to go to usoft account and change password. I didnt even know I had a password. Then I tried pc again. Then I tried the user with options. I entered email address and then password. This worked.

Since I couldnt log into pc how did this new password get known by pc. I did find 3 buttons one of which was to connect to internet. Is this connection limited to only microsoft; is this pc got info.

There was a delay between modifying usoft acct and successfully logging into pc of several hours.

Shiflerg, Dec 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Cant get past login screen - Similar Threads - Cant past login

2. Can’t get past login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get past login screen: Hello, I just recently moved into a new house and after setting up my computer it boots into the login screen however it will not show me the option to put in my password.I am on windows 11.CPU: ryzen 5 3600RAM: 16 gb ddr4GPU: amd radeon 6600MOBO: msi b450m pro-vdh max...
  3. Can’t get past login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get past login screen: Hello, I just recently moved into a new house and after setting up my computer it boots into the login screen however it will not show me the option to put in my password.I am on windows 11.CPU: ryzen 5 3600RAM: 16 gb ddr4GPU: amd radeon 6600MOBO: msi b450m pro-vdh max...
  4. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  5. Can't get past W11 login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past W11 login screen: https://ibb.co/0XJW72cUp until now I have been getting through the login screen with my local password. I always "skip" any Microsoft account logins or setup because its eternally stuck/broken my only verification option is a phone number I don't use anymore, and online...
  6. I cant get past the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant get past the sign in screen: I was recently up graded to windows 11. I was,nt expecting a complete change over. I was able to start working with it, although i lost all photos, aand i didnt see the 10 day to chande it back. My problem is it was working ok yestuday, i went to get on it today and i cant...
  7. I cant get past the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant get past the sign in screen: I was recently up graded to windows 11. I was,nt expecting a complete change over. I was able to start working with it, although i lost all photos, aand i didnt see the 10 day to chande it back. My problem is it was working ok yestuday, i went to get on it today and i cant...
  8. I can’t get past the login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t get past the login screen: My laptop won’t let me get past the login screen, when I boot it up it gets to where the login page should be but no prompt to enter my password pops up. I’ve tried start up repair and resetting my laptop but it just says something like “can’t reset computer nothing was...
  9. How to get past windows login screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get past windows login screen?: father in law set up login but doesn't know password so it keeps coming up with windows screen but cannot get past the password screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-past-windows-login-screen/81b31037-4659-440e-bc99-679300c8e398
  10. Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update: I have a 7 year old home build PC that has worked flawlessly for 7 years...even with windows 10. :) Last week I restarted it because i noticed my browser and a few apps running a bit slow and I had an update waiting on restart. Well after the restart it boots to the...