Windows 10: Can't get past win log in screen to be able to recover or repair

Discus and support Can't get past win log in screen to be able to recover or repair in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I guess after the last win 10 update my computer now has no internet but the worst thing is I cannot get past the sign in. I enter my password but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MisterMorris, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Can't get past win log in screen to be able to recover or repair

Hi I guess after the last win 10 update my computer now has no internet but the worst thing is I cannot get past the sign in. I enter my password but it just sits there, the hard drive light goes heavy use and then the computer restarts all by itself. It just continues to do this. Is there are way I can as an admin get past the win 10 log in screen? I cannot seem to get to safe mode either.. any help would be great .

Win 10 x64

Gigabyte motherboard

plenty of Ram

I think its a 1 tb hard drive

AMD Processor with video processor

thank you

:)

MisterMorris, Aug 17, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 17, 2018
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 17, 2018
  4. RogerCoy Win User

Can't get past win log in screen to be able to recover or repair

Blue screen. Can't log into computer.

I'm getting a blue screen on my Toshiba laptop. Cannot log in. I took it to computer repair and they could not get past the blue screen. What's the next step?

RogerCoy, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Can't get past win log in screen to be able to recover or repair

1. Can't get past win log in screen to be able to recover or repair - Similar Threads - Can't past log

2. Can't get past log in screen "create a pin" option.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past log in screen "create a pin" option.: Help!I am locked out of my computer. Same email and password I've used for years, no issue there. Log in it takes me to the option to create a pinI close this box, I get sent back to log in.I try to create a pin it says it can't do this right now, close it - back to log in....
  3. Can't get past log in screen "create a pin" option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past log in screen "create a pin" option.: Help!I am locked out of my computer. Same email and password I've used for years, no issue there. Log in it takes me to the option to create a pinI close this box, I get sent back to log in.I try to create a pin it says it can't do this right now, close it - back to log in....
  4. Can't get past log in screen "create a pin" option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't get past the log in screen with the pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get past the log in screen with the pin: I cant get past the log in screen with pin wont reset nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-past-the-log-in-screen-with-the-pin/c55f77c3-9f8b-4c09-af6c-95f8eedfb42c
  6. I can't get past the log in screen with the pin

I can't get past the log in screen with the pin: I cant get past the log in screen with pin wont reset nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-past-the-log-in-screen-with-the-pin/c55f77c3-9f8b-4c09-af6c-95f8eedfb42c
  7. Windows can't get past system repair

Windows can't get past system repair: When I boot windows it takes me to a blue screen, with an error code saying "THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Then it takes me back to the boot screen with the manufacturer logo and tells me it's starting up system repair, then takes me to a different blue screen and tells me...
  8. Windows can't get past system repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't get past system repair: When I boot windows it takes me to a blue screen, with an error code saying "THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Then it takes me back to the boot screen with the manufacturer logo and tells me it's starting up system repair, then takes me to a different blue screen and tells me...
  9. Windows can't get past system repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair": Last week I downloaded some HP Updates that were available (something to do with graphics, possibly one to do with audio. Not sure.) Then I got a series of blue screens. First said "Stop Code: KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE". Then, "Stop Code: DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED...