Windows 10: Can't get rid of facebook, twitter, candycrush etc on ver 1709

Discus and support Can't get rid of facebook, twitter, candycrush etc on ver 1709 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone found a way to get rid of these useless apps? If i uninstall they come right back. I did a clean install of windows 10 Pro ver 1709 bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David9723, Nov 4, 2017.

1. David9723 Win User

Can't get rid of facebook, twitter, candycrush etc on ver 1709

Has anyone found a way to get rid of these useless apps? If i uninstall they come right back. I did a clean install of windows 10 Pro ver 1709 bought from MS.

The old power shell uninstall no longer works it seems and these apps are not even listed in the add/remove software. I also have the MS store set not to download updates etc

Why does MS put this junk in windows? I paid for this software.

:)

David9723, Nov 4, 2017
  2. Dusttt Win User

Nokia Asha 303 - Removing applications

I'm wondering whether I'll be able to remove facebook, twitter etc. from the phone since I will never use them. They'll probably get in the way, and seeing them and knowing that I can't get rid of them will irritate me greatly.

The phone isn't released yet, but it's going to use S40 so my question should be answer-able.

Dusttt, Nov 4, 2017
  3. How to uninstall Windows 10 default apps for all users ?

How can I uninstall Windows 10 default apps for all users ?

For example : The apps include: CandyCrush, iHeart Radio, Minecraft, Twitter and Flipboard, etc.

I'd appreciate any help.

HenryChua_2016, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Had the same thing!
    Only thing that cured it for me was a clean install without an MS account.

Edwin, Nov 5, 2017
  5. David9723 Win User
    I'm not using a MS account. *Eek

David9723, Nov 5, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Nov 5, 2017
  7. David9723 Win User
    that seems easy, i will give it a try.

Thanks

David9723, Nov 5, 2017
  8. enigma101 Win User

I'm not having this issue after uninstalling these apps & de-selecting 'Occasionally show suggested apps in start'.

enigma101, Nov 6, 2017
  9. Helmut Win User
    Right click in All Programs > Uninstall.
    Never used Powershell to uninstall them.
    Obviously also go to Settings > Personalisation > Start and select suitable options there, as already mentioned.

MS updates does seem to learn, I did not get one of those Apps on the 1709 update.

I have never done a clean install still same as 4 years ago. I'm signed on to an MS Account when going to MS Store.
    In there it says I 'own' those Apps but not installed.

Helmut, Nov 6, 2017
  10. MrHudson Win User
    The 1709 update tried installing Skype on mine but failed. shows 9WZDNCRFJ364 Microsoft.Skype/App failed to install 0x8024000b

MrHudson, Nov 7, 2017
  11. MrHudson Win User
    I did a clean install, it put in the same APP's, I clicked uninstall and they kept coming up, when every thing updated, it then went to update APP's, there I stopped those certain APP's from updating and they disappeared from start menu.

MrHudson, Nov 12, 2017
  12. I got rid of it When I was on Windows 7 but it took a great deal of time and I will NEVER use FB again.

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get rid of facebook, twitter, candycrush etc on ver 1709 - Similar Threads - Can't rid facebook

2. Get rid of Twitter etc irritating Side panel

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of Twitter etc irritating Side panel: Hi folks I hate this but loads of sites seem to have that irritating Twitter,.Facebook etc sidepanel - and sometimes it annoyingly covers parts of text one is trying to read. Is there anyway to disable it or at least move the wretched thing out of the way. example of what...
  3. Can't Get Rid of Libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Get Rid of Libraries: I have unchecked Show Libraries in Windows Explorer under Folder Options -> View, however, they still show in the Navigation Pane. Is there another way to completely disable Libraries in Windows 10? Running latest 1909 version. submitted by /u/HarryMuscle [link]...
  4. Windows 10 ver.1709 build 16299

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 ver.1709 build 16299: Hi, I have tried versions 1809, 1903 and now I'm using 1709 build 16299. I have Windows updates turned off in gpedit.msc. I'm into benchmarking with Futuremark programs like 3DMark which comes with Firestrike, Time Spy and several others. I also have VRMark installed and...
  5. Can't get updates past win 10 ver 1709 x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get updates past win 10 ver 1709 x64: I am constantly bombarded with continuous updates for versions 1803 and 1809. I have run the update assistant, checked all my drivers and manually updated them and tried all the different suggestions for fixes I can find on the internet to no avail. I just keep getting 1803...
  6. windows 10 update from ver.1709 to ver.1809

windows 10 update from ver.1709 to ver.1809: can we update Windows 10 ver.1709 to ver.1809 directly using "Windows 10 Update Assistant"??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-from-ver1709-to-ver1809/891e2f3f-4120-495c-8e5a-c97032c032ff
  7. Will fresh start get rid of Facebook ?

Will fresh start get rid of Facebook ?: WIll Fresh start get rid of Facebook ,which I don't want to happen . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/will-fresh-start-get-rid-of-facebook/e9123774-23e9-49f8-aabc-3aaa9747e86f
  8. Can't sign in with my Microsoft Account (Win Ver 1709)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in with my Microsoft Account (Win Ver 1709): When I try and change sign-in from my local account to my MSA I can't. On the "Your Info" page, I click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" The process responds like I'm trying to add a new MSA and I get a final msg that reads "*****.com is here already" -...
  9. Please help me get rid of the Facebook app!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me get rid of the Facebook app!: I foolishly installed the facebook beta app from the Windows 10 store,now I'm getting popups notifying me of posts in Facebook and I find that really annoying. I've tried blocking notifications in Chrome and Torch browser, manually deleting anything relating to Facebook from...
  10. Can't get rid of AvastUI

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get rid of AvastUI: Hello I did some testing of spyware programs some time ago, and some of the programs had issues when trying to uninstall them. One of them was avast, and after uninstalling it, theres a program called AvastUI.exe that loads with my computer and I can't figure out how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i get rid of twitter and facebook