Windows 10: Can't get rid of PIN login at startup

Discus and support Can't get rid of PIN login at startup in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I created a PIN login a while ago and then decided to get rid of it as it poor security - the regular Windows 10 login seems much more secure. I went... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wolfmagic, Dec 13, 2016.

1. wolfmagic Win User

Can't get rid of PIN login at startup

I created a PIN login a while ago and then decided to get rid of it as it poor security - the regular Windows 10 login seems much more secure. I went to Settings/Accounts/Sign in options/PIN but there is no Remove button, only an Add button, which seems to indicate that the system isn't recognising the fact that a PIN login has been set up, even though it is always there at startup. I tried recreating it, which worked OK, but the Remove button still isn't there. Is there another way of getting rid of the PIN login?

:)

wolfmagic, Dec 13, 2016
  2. Matt Lynx Win User

Remove PIN requirement on system startup

No this did not answer my issue. I do not want to have to enter a PIN on startup. How do I get rid of that requirement ?

Matt Lynx, Dec 13, 2016
  3. Baza56 Win User
    I cannot login after computer has a sleep

I set up a pin for my PC login it seems to accept it and it goes into a loop for several minutes before stopping back where I started unless I turn my computer off then on again. How do I get rid of the pin log in requirement

Baza56, Dec 13, 2016
  4. Can't get rid of PIN login at startup

Welcome to the Ten forums.

When you recreated PIN did the "Add" button disappear and was it replaced with "Change" and "I forgot Pin"?

This process walks you through getting rid of Pin by taking you down the I forgot route. In the Ten forum tutorial there is a remove button and in my Windows V1607, the remove button is there. I wonder in V1511 if it used "I forgot" method. Would you mind sharing what version of Windows 10 you are using?

Windows 10 Tutorials 90 – How to Remove the PIN for Your Account

Caledon Ken, Dec 23, 2016
  5. wolfmagic Win User
    I recreated the PIN (using the same numbers) and three options appeared - Change, Remove and I Forgot My Pin. I clicked Remove, then again as it required a verification, then restarted the PC - and the same PIN requirement was there. As you say, the tutorial link you provided suggests choosing I Forgot My Pin in order to remove the PIN, which seems like an odd way to do it. Perhaps that is my only option, in the absence of anything else.

Thanks for your advice, it is much appreciated. I am using V1607.

wolfmagic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't get rid of PIN login at startup

1. Can't get rid of PIN login at startup - Similar Threads - Can't rid PIN

2. Can't get past startup admin. Login, .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past startup admin. Login, .: It says logging on, loading personal settings, then logging off, Then resets, iand login window pops up again. It's an old Dell demensionc521 someone gave me.but it was loading up a few days ago. Any help would be appreciated thank you....
  3. Can't get past startup admin. Login, .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past startup admin. Login, .: It says logging on, loading personal settings, then logging off, Then resets, iand login window pops up again. It's an old Dell demensionc521 someone gave me.but it was loading up a few days ago. Any help would be appreciated thank you....
  4. Can't login with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login with PIN: Brand spankin' new laptop with windows 10. I set up a PIN and started transferring stuff from my old laptop. I did a restart and now I can't login.If I enter my PIN, it tells me my credentials cannot be verified.If I try to reset my PIN, it tells me I'm not able to.If I try...
  5. Can't login with PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login with PIN: Brand spankin' new laptop with windows 10. I set up a PIN and started transferring stuff from my old laptop. I did a restart and now I can't login.If I enter my PIN, it tells me my credentials cannot be verified.If I try to reset my PIN, it tells me I'm not able to.If I try...
  6. I HATE the login pin. I can't get rid of it. HELP

I HATE the login pin. I can't get rid of it. HELP: Win10 Pro I just got a brand new laptop, but it has Win10 Pro instead of Home like on my last PC. During setup it would not let me proceed without entering the pin. I hate using the pin. I just want to use my password, but there was no way with proceeding without it. I have...
  7. How to get Defenetely Rid of Login PIN Request

How to get Defenetely Rid of Login PIN Request: Hello everybody, Due to the coronavirus outbreak we needed to let our children to home school trough video lessons, we bought some PCs equipped with Windows 10, and we created a Microsoft Family accounts for the whole family adults and children. And here we are with my...
  8. can't get rid of login screen on 18362

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't get rid of login screen on 18362: Hello, I am trying to get rid of the sign in screen after sleep. But it seems something has changed. I am using build 18362 but i can't get rid of it. I have: empty password, used gpedit to disable the lock screen, and used netplwiz to disable login pass, still i get the...
  9. can't get rid of login screen on 18362

in Windows 10 Support
    can't get rid of login screen on 18362: Hello, I am trying to get rid of the sign in screen after sleep. But it seems something has changed. I am using build 18362 but i can't get rid of it. I have: empty password, used gpedit to disable the lock screen, and used netplwiz to disable login pass, still i get the...
  10. Get rid of login screen?!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get rid of login screen?!: Is there a way to completely get rid of the login screen in Windows 10? I have it set up so I don't have to enter my password to login, but it still pops up the login screen and I have to click "login" upon startup or waking from sleep. Is there a way that I don't have to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid of pin on log in screen

2. get rid of pin login

3. cant remove pin login 2019