Windows 10: Can't Get Task Scheduler To Start a programme on log-on/Startup

Discus and support Can't Get Task Scheduler To Start a programme on log-on/Startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an old programme "Spotmau desktop secretary free" that works fine once it launches. Unfortunately the option to automatically launch it when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris Nicola, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Can't Get Task Scheduler To Start a programme on log-on/Startup

I have an old programme "Spotmau desktop secretary free" that works fine once it launches. Unfortunately the option to automatically launch it when I log on to windows does not work on windows 10. So I tried to use task scheduler. However, no matter what settings I use it refuses to launch automatically. If I run the exe file and launch it manually it works fine. I would like to get it to launch automatically when I log on. I have set Desktop Secretary to Win 7 mode but it still does not launch automatically. Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Chris

:)

Chris Nicola, Aug 15, 2016
  2. piyush811 Win User

100 PERCENT DISK USAGE ON WINDOWS 10

For me the best solution was:

1.Update ur driver with a driver updater programme. Disable the programme once the update is complete (remove it from startup programme)

2.Disable any scheduled windows disk defragmentation. Go to C: (system drive) properties /tools/optimize and defragment drive/optimize and then disable any scheduled defragmentation on the drive. Disable any other programme used to defragment the drive.

3.Use a programme to clean up ur hard disk .Delete contents of %temp% and temp folder. This can be done by pressing windows+r key and entering the folder name.

4.Restart ur system in recovery mode by either entering the recovery drive or by booting from a windows installation disk at boot time. After entering recovery mode go to troubleshoot and open command prompt .Move to system drive cCan't Get Task Scheduler To Start a programme on log-on/Startup :(in my case) enter command
    chkdsk c: /f/r/x .check each volume with this command.

5.Restart after the above is complete and defragment ur drives .

6.Disable any startup programme which is not required by u every time u log in to windows .Use task manager startup tab.

7.Restart .

I think this will solve the problem .

Further :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...h-message-signaled-interrupt-msi-mode-enabled

piyush811, Aug 15, 2016
  3. driver optimizer automatic defragmenter

Defragment cannot trigger a startup. If the computer is in sleep, you might get a hint from

Task Scheduler

System Logs

to see what is waking the computer from Sleep.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can't Get Task Scheduler To Start a programme on log-on/Startup

Hello Chris, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If the program requires to be "run as administrator", then you could use the method in the tutorial below to create an elevated shortcut, and place the elevated shortcut in your Startup folder.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 15, 2016
  5. Thanks. I will try that and see if it works and let you know.

Kind regards
    Chris

Chris Nicola, Aug 16, 2016
  6. I got some good ideas from the tutorial. I checked "Run with the highest privileges and "configure for windows 10" and it starts up fine now. Thanks again.

Kind regards
    Chris

Chris Nicola, Aug 16, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Chris. I'm glad it was able to help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Get Task Scheduler To Start a programme on log-on/Startup

1. Can't Get Task Scheduler To Start a programme on log-on/Startup - Similar Threads - Can't Task Scheduler

2. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  3. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  4. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. can't manualy start task scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't manualy start task scheduler: task scheduler is not running tried:SC config schedule start= auto result acces denied :DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth done activation with services.msc [ATTACH] can't manualy start task scheduler...
  6. Can't start TASK SCHEDULE nor NATURAL AUTHENTICATION

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't start TASK SCHEDULE nor NATURAL AUTHENTICATION: When I try to start TASK SCHEDULE I get a message error: task scheduler service on local computer started and then stopped I tried all the suggestion in this forum, no success. Then, see dependencies with NATURAL AUTHENTICATION. I couln't start this process due to the...
  7. Task Scheduler is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  8. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create task in Task Scheduler: Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up. [img] I press OK, and this pops up: [img] Here is the transcript: "Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} The system cannot find the...
  9. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Will Not Start: Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update. When I try to start it from services I get that error. [img] When I try to launch the task scheduler...
  10. Task Scheduler at startup fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler at startup fails: Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run. 101817